Got mine... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
2014 DIB 3.7 w/ sport shift "Blue Cyclone"

Nice pony in white, still haven't seen any on the coastal bend of Texas. My Port Lavaca dealer says they won't be in their showroom till next month! I am still new to my 2014 DIB 3.7

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_New pier Pete 014.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	388066  

2012 Candy Red 3.7 Cyclone {RIP}
2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
Bassani\BMR adj. panhard\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
I still have a few complaints. I wish it had a normal shift knob not that pull up thing. I mean it works fine I just can't change it and I want to. I may have to build a whole new shifter kit for it.
Can you explain a bit more about this? Do you mean that you have to pull up on a ring around the shifter to get it into reverse?

If so, that's a good thing. On the 2011-2014 MT82s, it's faaaar too easy to try to go into R and end up in 1st, or vice-versa.

And may I compliment you on a truly beautiful color combination. Please share some good pictures of your interior too.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
Can you explain a bit more about this? Do you mean that you have to pull up on a ring around the shifter to get it into reverse?

If so, that's a good thing. On the 2011-2014 MT82s, it's faaaar too easy to try to go into R and end up in 1st, or vice-versa.

And may I compliment you on a truly beautiful color combination. Please share some good pictures of your interior too.
I've never had that issue, but I changed my stock shifter out for an MGW at 150 miles. I can't even recall that problem, but I can tell you I missed shifts on the way home from the dealer so that stock shifter sucked, I hope the S550 has a nice shifter.

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121

GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
To the OP, I saw the 2015 at the NY Auto Show. The white 50th Anniversary model was very nice! I don't care what anybody says, the 2015's are attractive cars. Congratulations!

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
PONY Member

I was gonna buy the 2015 until I saw it up close and of course in pics. I saw every color except white because I don't like white as a car color. BUT YOURS IS AWESOME LOOKING!!! The style is made for white plain and simple. I bought a black 2014 in July which I truly love and at a killer price. So I'm kinda glad that I didn't wait or see the car in white 'cuz I no doubt would have gone for it (and been deeper in debt no doubt). Oh well. Maybe in 2016....

CONGRATULATIONS! You done good.

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I usually don't like white but that looks really good! The black wheels really set it off. Congrats man! Hope you keep the Thread going with pic's and comments. I think I might be warming up to the new look.
-Paul

2014 GT/CS - MT82 - 3.73 - 19's
Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods
PONY Member

Based on the body color rear diffiuser, it looks to be a base model 300A w/ PP. Can't tell from the pics, but does it have the Recaro's too ??

Doug

My Stangs ...
1969 Calypso Coral 351W 4V 4-Spd 3.50 T-Lok Deluxe GT Hardtop (owned since '81)
2016 Guard 2.3L Ecoboost 6-Spd MT Base Fastback, 641, 66W, 13D, 47AX O-T-T Stripes (ord 2/11 ~ del 5/23 ~ mine 5/26)
past rides:
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L V6 6-Spd MT Prem Coupe, 203A MCA & HID's (0-129k mi)
2004 Comp Orange, 1998 Chrome Yellow & 1994 Bright Blue V6 5-Spd Coupes (0-126k, 131k & 89k mi)
1979 Fairmont Futura w/ '85 HO 5.0L, built AOD, 3.27 T-Lok + more (a Stang w/real back seat & trunk)
PONY Member

Guess what was parked next to my car yesterday at a client? It was a rental that the company VP had just rented. He said it had less than 50 miles on it. I REALLY prefer white!!!

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
Guess what was parked next to my car yesterday at a client? It was a rental that the company VP had just rented. He said it had less than 50 miles on it. I REALLY prefer white!!!

yup...I'm liking your ride here a lot more.

2013 Boss 302
2012 Mustang GT Grabber Blue (sold)
401A, MT82, Brembo, 3.55, HID & Security, Electronics Pkg
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lup1024 View Post
yup...I'm liking your ride here a lot more.
Same here

It would be different had our cars not existed, for me anyways.

I am beginning to warm up to the new one some more, its not a bad looking car. But ours look soooo much better.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

OP, you're making me want to spend money I don't have, and on a color I've never cared for! Your car looks awesome! I'm lovin' the mess outa my modded V6, but man if I had the coin, I'd drop it on a '15 5.0 in a heartbeat! Love what I'm seeing! Enjoy!
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

Base car with Recaros and PP option. Ford really took a huge step forward with this car. Stiffer chassis with stiffer springs and more rebound damping, wow they learned a lot. The rear suspension just plain works goes over bumps like a fine euro GT.

And the air box is amazing. It has it's own front air intake driver side grill opening and huge tube feeding a huge air box. No hot air sneaking in there. The cold air kits makers are going to hate this because this air box really puts their products to shame. There just is no reason to invest in letting hot engine compartment air into you intake track especially on a SC car.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

PONY Member

Sweet looking ride! Exact combo I'm seriously considering purchasing also. White with PP and Recaros only options.

Do you have the recaro seats? I had them in my 2013, but haven't really seen good pics of the 2015 recaro seats.

And if you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay for it? (PM me if you don't want to post about it). I doubt they are doing any financing deals on these brand new cars?

THANKS

2000 GT. Track toy.
Stock motor, Maximum motorsports suspension, Cobra R wing, Stoptech brakes, TKO tranny, much more.
2013 GT, White, Track Pack, Recaro. SOLD
KW V3 coilovers / Whiteline UCA, LCA's & Brackets, F&R Swaybars, Watts link / Brake cooling ducts / Boss 302 shift knob / Steeda short shifter / .
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
And the air box is amazing. It has it's own front air intake driver side grill opening and huge tube feeding a huge air box. No hot air sneaking in there. The cold air kits makers are going to hate this because this air box really puts their products to shame. There just is no reason to invest in letting hot engine compartment air into you intake track especially on a SC car.
Can you do us a favor, and take some detailed pictures of the air intake? I'd like to see if it's something that could be retrofitted to my car.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

I couldn't get a decent picture of the front but you know how the upper grill has those "fangs" the right side section it is totally dedicated to putting air into the airbox. Some of the cells in the grill aren't opened up it would probably help to open up the rest of them but I think Ford probably opens only enough for the NA motor and keep the noise down.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page