Got mine... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

Got mine...

I picked up my new 2015 yesterday. I already started the modding. I really like the looks of the car. Everything about it is improvement over my stock 2010. I modded my 2010 quite extensively I don't plan on going that far with this car and I don't think I will have too.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014
PONY Member

Congratulations man! Looks sharp. What options did u get? Driving impressions?

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Congrats!!! Nice, very nice!

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014
Sean Reilly

CONGRATS!!!.......LOOKS SHARP!....And I had a pretty Hopped up 2010-MY GT myself, and as YOU have undoubtedly already experienced, These Coyote 5.0's are a FAR Cry from the MUCH less powerful (But still a Great Motor!) 4.6 3V's!.......I Will eventually Own a S550 in its 5.0 (Or Greater) Form in a few years.....But I'm Still having mucho fun in my '13!

Sean.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014
Sean Reilly

By the way!.....Try and grab a few shots of that "Oh Sooo Sweet" Interior, and Post them up!.......Again!....Congrats Alex!

Sean.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Congrats on the new Stang!!

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That car looks amazing in white. Is it an Anniversary Edition?

Congrats!

2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6MT, 3:31, Brembo, Nav, Comfort pkg, backup camera.
Goodies: GT500 Mufflers, MGW Shifter, DSS AL Driveshaft, Bondra Clutch pedal extension
Tune: Bama 91 Octane V2 Performance Tune
Suspension: Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Steeda UCA - lowered cars, BMR Adj. Panhard bar
Tires: Continental DWS06 275/40-19
Track Days: Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, 18x10 SVE Drifts with Bridgestone RE-11 285/30
Just for show: Raxiom Smoked tail lights
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewayflyer View Post
That car looks amazing in white. Is it an Anniversary Edition?

Congrats!
You are right!....That Stang. looks amazing in that White!!....

And NO this is NOT one of the 50th anniversary eddition Models, as Those have Chrome "Piping" within the Front Grill, and the Running Horse is surrounded by a Chrome "Corral" (similar to the look of the Corral they used on the later ('99-'04 "New Edge SN-95 GT's Which you would not be able to see in these Pics.) But the other obvious givaway is that this car does NOT have the Round 50th Anniversary Badge on the rear Decklid, Or the Chrome "Piping" surrounding the Rear Lights...As you can see in the rear Pic. this GT Stang has the Large "GT" insignia.....

I have seen both in person....And I for one dont care much for the added Chrome that comes on the 50 Anniversary Stangs.......

Sean.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post

This is the shot that may just win me over eventually.

I'm waiting to hear a review that suggests what's going on under-that pretty back side is enough to make me say, "OK, I guess I have to have the IRS!"

I've been a critic of this car's general appearance but it's still way better looking that it's only real competition from Chevrolet........you can count me among the people who are still intrigued by the possibilities of Ford FINALLY getting the Mustang's suspension out of the 19th century.

That new interior is a welcomed development too!

Congratulation's on the new ride and hopefully you'll be posting your imprecisions' and experiences. Those of us still on the fence will be reading!

2014 Mustang GT-Black-Track Package
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Wow I love the white! I saw a 2015 for the first time on the street and it was yellow...it did not look good...This white is very sharp!

Congrats! You mentioned you have already started the modding...what have you done?

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
Site Sponsor

That looks fantastic!

Excellent choice! Congratulations on being one of the first to have one!

Nick C.

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033
PONY Member

Congrats, I love the color combo!
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Gorgeous...one of the best examples I have seen to date. Perfect colour and rims.
The older body style is looking dated after seeing these pics. I have no plans to sell mine and love the 2011-2014 body style, but I really like the way the new model is looking more and more.

2013 Boss 302
2012 Mustang GT Grabber Blue (sold)
401A, MT82, Brembo, 3.55, HID & Security, Electronics Pkg
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

I finally got a chance to drive it some tonight and this is a quantum leap better than the 2010 was stock. Both engine and suspension. The handling is 75% of the way to my 2010 after thousands of dollars in mods and custom work. I mean shear turning ability and steering feedback. The PP has firm ride but not uncomfortable for me. I think it corners a good deal flatter than the 2010 did stock but it well should. The quality of the interior is also a far cry better. I hated the gauges in the 2010 from the time I bought till the time I sold it, the 15 is so much better so much sportier and more contemporary.

I still have a few complaints. The mix of chrome and brushed aluminum in the interior just looks cheap. The bean counters couldn't ok a few cents for matching aluminum finish is pathetic. I wish it had a normal shift knob not that pull up thing. I mean it works fine I just can't change it and I want to. I may have to build a whole new shifter kit for it.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Very nice!!enjoy your new ride.I have not seen any on the road yet in my area,still waiting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page