1. Roof line into trunk
2. Rear end and lower valance
3. Overall side view
4. Interior
5. Wheels

What I didn't care for:
1. Qtr. side window into side glass
2. Rear wing ( to small)
3. Front end ( much to flat, grill opening to large)
4. Head lights to small compared to size of front fenders and grill.
5. Lower front bumper lower grill (outside)
6. Weight on this one was stated at 3,985 lbs. (GT loaded)
7. MPG as stated on window sticker was 16 city 23 highway

I was really excited to see this Mustang since I have only seen photos and write ups. But to be honest it just didn't have the "Wow" factor for me. Super nice Mustang just didn't do it for me. I'm going to wait and see if Ford changes the front end before I decide to pull the trigger.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014
GT Member

Regarding #6, sure you were not looking at the gross vehicle weight?

Also regarding #7, thought the GT was supposed to do 25MPG? Maybe this one was a PP GT? Figure the 373 will knock it down a little. My old 2011 GT with 373 would average about 23MPG on the highway (70-75 MPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 white s197 View Post
Saw my first 2015 today at Walker Ford. Things I liked:
1. Roof line into trunk
2. Rear end and lower valance
3. Overall side view
4. Interior
5. Wheels

What I didn't care for:
1. Qtr. side window into side glass
2. Rear wing ( to small)
3. Front end ( much to flat, grill opening to large)
4. Head lights to small compared to size of front fenders and grill.
5. Lower front bumper lower grill (outside)

I was really excited to see this Mustang since I have only seen photos and write ups. But to be honest it just didn't have the "Wow" factor for me. Super nice Mustang just didn't do it for me. I'm going to wait and see if Ford changes the front end before I decide to pull the trigger.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014
Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

I have not yet found one for a fair price. I can't order one for a fair price.

I can wait longer than the Ford dealer.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965mustang View Post
I have not yet found one for a fair price. I can't order one for a fair price.

I can wait longer than the Ford dealer.
Join Mustang Club of America and get the X-Plan pricing.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014
Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Join Mustang Club of America and get the X-Plan pricing.
Thanks, but I'll wait. I don't need the first one.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014
PONY Member

Saw a 2015 black in an ontario dealer last week - the thing that knocked me off my feet was the body - the lines were poor - not straight at the ends of the panels - and in some places the panels were wavy - especially in the areas directly under the door handles on both sides of the car - looked terrible looking down the lines on the car.

Also - not too impressed speed wise - the car is slower than the previous mustangs according to the American muscle 1/4 mile tests.

Hope they change the look as time goes on like they did between the 2010 to the 2014 - if they do I might just consider the 2019's

Also - don't know how they will fix the terrible wheel hop now that they have independent suspension with the rear wheels - that will be a bit of a thorn.

2009 Red C/S, 2014 Blue GT, 1969 Coupe 302
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrakercat View Post
Also - don't know how they will fix the terrible wheel hop now that they have independent suspension with the rear wheels - that will be a bit of a thorn.
Every mustang that's ever left the factory has had wheel hop. Toss some aftermarket parts on it like we always have and problem solved.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak196 View Post
Every mustang that's ever left the factory has had wheel hop. Toss some aftermarket parts on it like we always have and problem solved.
Don't forget the new "soft cushion" for the driver's seat - since the car will ride like a "covered wagon"

Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014
Apprentice

Saw my first one 5.0 50th anniversary $41,300
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1413856999718.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	388529   Click image for larger version

Name:	1413857009897.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	388537  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Don't forget the new "soft cushion" for the driver's seat - since the car will ride like a "covered wagon"

Wait, Wait.......

I thought it was our LRA cars that rode like covered wagons

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Apprentice

My list of "dislikes" is a lot smaller . . .

* the interior lost some of its "Mustang-ness"

* I would really miss the grille-mounted fogs on the GT. Thank goodness for the aftermarket.

* I can't afford one (although the silver lining is by the time I can, they'll have bumped the hp and worked out any bugs that may exist on a new platform)

Black 2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 w/401A package and 3.31s

Black 2000 Mustang GT (owned 2001-2013, sold at 177,000 miles)

Brown 1971 Triumph TR6
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Wait, Wait.......

I thought it was our LRA cars that rode like covered wagons
Yes, the IRS suspension should be a better ride......until you add "the aftermarket stuff" to stop the wheel hop! Then you need the soft cushion in the front seat

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 white s197 View Post
Your weight posting is not the accurate weight of the car. These new GT's have been weighed between 3700-3815 lbs. Verified on scales with photos.

I thought the MPG was 16/25 with 19 combined.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I had my 2014 in for some warranty work yesterday (my passenger side Pony Projection Lamp had fallen out).

When I went to pick up my car the dealership's General Manager came up to my wife and I while we were standing at the pay window to sign the warranty paperwork and he had walked up to my wife an said to her "I want your car back" (she had brought me there in her 2012).

She lol'd and asked him why. He said that was because he had her brand new 2015 GT that was just delivered sitting out front.

Without any kind of hesitation she blurted out "But I don't like it, I love mine the way it is!" He feigned disappointment and told her that he ordered the first one Deep Impact Blue because he had been inspired by her car one day when she brought it in for an oil change. We shared a laugh and I told him I would at least go take a peek while waiting for the service tech to bring my car around.

Sorry for the crappy, impromptu cell phone pics, I really need to work on my aiming skills:

I didn't send too much time looking because the tech had moved my car out front pretty quickly and its a pretty tight squeeze for others getting service to get in and out of that area so I hadda get my car out of harms way, LOL.

The car does look better in person than in pictures, which I believe I had stated before is what I thought I would say when I finally saw it. I'm still not feeling the back end and it looked naked without grill fogs up front, but overall the car is a nice looking car. If our 2010-2014 s197's never existed and this was the style they went to straight from the 2005-2009's I probably would have been drooling over it.

My wife pretty much felt the same way, her biggest gripe was the nose.

I didn't get in, but my peek through the drivers side window told me what I needed to see, the interior is really nice

I might go try to drive it on one of my days off next week (if it hasn't sold by then) just to let y'all know how it compares with both of our GT Premiums.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Saw my first 2015 on the weekend, loved it. Some ways I prefer my 2011 but overall the 2015 does it for me.

How people can say it doesn't look like a Mustang is beyond me.

2011+ look tougher, 2015 look classier and more sophisticated.

2011 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
RACE RED
RAPID SPEC 402A
ELECTRONICS PACKAGE
SECURITY PACKAGE
HID/COMFORT PACKAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page