Looks like the GT350 is getting official in 2 weeks - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
All 2015 Coyotes have forged internals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexustech48 View Post
So long as the connecting rods are improved. If they are willing to offer it warrantied I supposed they are.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I'm well aware of how an engine works and where the power comes from.

Exclusivity may have a small part in the price but that engine is definitely much more highly engineered and refined than any mass production engine you will see from Ford. It's not a knock against Ford and I'm sure the new engine will be a fantastic piece. However, you just can't compare it to a Ferrari engine. Ever.
A GT500 crate engine will set you back $20,000 to $25,000. Thats close to what an entire base mustang will set you back.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
All 2015 Coyotes have forged internals.
The pistons are not forged.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
A GT500 crate engine will set you back $20,000 to $25,000. Thats close to what an entire base mustang will set you back.
Maybe I could have used a better example. I'm thinking in the $40,000 range. Either way, Ford vs Ferrari is a poor comparison.
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Back on topic....kinda.

I know this is blasphemy but I still maintain that a scatPack challenger with a NA 392 at 475 hp and almost all the SRT goodies (brakes, tires, clutch suspension) for right at $40,000 is the new bang for your buck champion. Given its Dodge I'll lay odds you'll be able to find these with less than 10k miles on them for a cool 30,000k in a year....

The factory SC path to 600hp is still gonna set you back $45,000 to $48,000.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I honestly just hope whatever it packs it crushes it on a road course. Hope the Voodoo is a wards 10 best too!

2011 GT500 SVTPP
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
True, I never even thought of that. Ford thinks the new forged crank and rods are now good enough to reliably support big HP. Guess they think the pistons are too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangChris810 View Post
The pistons are not forged.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sinter forged and true forged for the connecting rods are not the same. Boss 302 rods are about $40 a pop. Manely H beam rods are about $100 a rod.

Factory rods were ok for stock to mildy modified. No way would I pop a blower on a stock 5.0 without it being factory warrantied. At least not until true forged rods were installed, then thats a different story.

2011 GT500 SVTPP
Rookie

They've posted a couple more teasers:

Ford performance cars - YouTube
BOSS Member

Garage
10 seconds into video 3, are they hinting that this car will be turbocharged? I know that was rumored in the past but most recent rumors have centered around it being naturally aspirated. If it is, then 600 hp may be in the cards after all.

I'm a little concerned that the car will be targeted directly toward the Z/28 and that it will be priced in the same range.
Rookie

Yeah, I couldn't figure out what he meant by the turbocharged comments. I'm also not interested in a Z/28 competitor. I'm hoping for something between 40-55k, not 70s.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoquadzilla View Post
Yeah, I couldn't figure out what he meant by the turbocharged comments. I'm also not interested in a Z/28 competitor. I'm hoping for something between 40-55k, not 70s.

Then you won't be buying a GT350.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Rookie

Doesn't look like it. They need to come up with something between the Boss and GT500. Performance and price wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
Then you won't be buying a GT350.
GT Member

They have the base PP cars out perform the Boss now.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
They have the base PP cars out perform the Boss now.
Which is cool, but I still think there's a gap above that. It doesn't have to have 660HP, but the PP doesn't do anything to trim weight or give additional power.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page