2015 Mustang Gt: Auto Vs Manual - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2015 Mustang Gt: Auto Vs Manual

Hello Everyone,

My Names alex, I previously owned an 2007 baby v6 in auto. I am looking into purchasing the 2015 model Gt in manual, and problem is that i live in los angeles. with Therefore, i am also considering getting the car in auto. I want that perfomance package with the brembo, struts and such. The website does not show that package available, when customizing. Does anyone know if it is available for the auto? Chances are i wont ***** out and go auto, but I already have my tuner car in manual. Not the best for the traffic in these parts.

Thanks for any input, and sorry if this has been asked before. I tried to do a quick search and came up with nothing.
-Alex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeikal View Post
Hello Everyone,

My Names alex, I previously owned an 2007 baby v6 in auto. I am looking into purchasing the 2015 model Gt in manual, and problem is that i live in los angeles. with Therefore, i am also considering getting the car in auto. I want that perfomance package with the brembo, struts and such. The website does not show that package available, when customizing. Does anyone know if it is available for the auto? Chances are i wont ***** out and go auto, but I already have my tuner car in manual. Not the best for the traffic in these parts.

Thanks for any input, and sorry if this has been asked before. I tried to do a quick search and came up with nothing.
-Alex
you cannot get the PP in an auto, But you can get brembos in an auto and add 3.73's after the fact with some aftermarket suspension stuff

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014
PONY Member

Get the Auto. I also have a toy car with a stick but I never drive it in traffic or into the city. You have a stick already, you've got nothing to prove.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014
PONY Member

Oh fer chrissake.....

If you really enjoy driving a sports coupe, forget an auto. The 2015 Mustang's clutch has much lower pedal effort, and it shifts nicer than the 2011-2014 cars. Man up, do it right. There's nothing like the connection you feel to the car with a manual. Driving enthusiasts buy manuals.

OP, I drive in worse traffic than you do, and I roll an MT82.
s550menace likes this.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014
PONY Member

Having driven both, I can tell you this, both places SUCK. But I agree, I will drive stick as long as they make them. It is getting harder. I waited 6 months for my 2010 Fusion daily driver 4 cyl stick to be built!
s550menace likes this.

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015
Rookie

The performance difference between Auto and Manual for most cars has narrowed significantly in my view. The biggest drawback is that the PP is not available with the GT Auto. I drove a GT Auto for six days while on vacation and I can definitively say that in sports mode using the paddles, you will shift as quickly as a manual and will have lots of flexibility. Two flicks of your wrist and you have downshifted 2 gears immediately. The shift paddles on the steering wheel could be positioned better mind you.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
The performance difference between Auto and Manual for most cars has narrowed significantly in my view. The biggest drawback is that the PP is not available with the GT Auto. I drove a GT Auto for six days while on vacation and I can definitively say that in sports mode using the paddles, you will shift as quickly as a manual and will have lots of flexibility. Two flicks of your wrist and you have downshifted 2 gears immediately. The shift paddles on the steering wheel could be positioned better mind you.
how did you enjoy driving the Auto GT? How was the ride quality and handling?

Thanks
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015
Rookie

I have auto,.355 and love it.It sounds great when rev matching through my Outlaws and hauls ass.The paddle shifters and gear display are good fun too.
I have a m6 '13 GT500 and its fine but this is finer. Of course the Shelby is a bit faster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040539.jpg
Views:	5826
Size:	693.0 KB
ID:	431642  

'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015
Rookie

I tormented myself with this very same question, but when I drove both for test drives and played with the paddles, I realized it was ok to get an automatic again for the first time in 40 years. Been driving it since Feb and have not regretted it for a moment. The auto rev matching on auto downshifts in Sport + is cooler that crap too!
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Garage
We have a 2015 Corvette in Auto and the Mustang is 6 spd. Love the transmission in the corvette with the paddles but the Auto Mustangs just don't feel the same IMO. I know they are on two different levels and the new vette hangs with super cars double the price but there's honestly nothing better than driving a Mustang with a nice exhaust in a manual... I drive in traffic too and just suck it up because when I get on the open road, it's game on !!!
s550menace likes this.

2015 50th Anniversary Deep Impact Blue
Rookie

We bought our 2015 GT convertible with an auto because wifey uses it to go to work during the week. Funny part is she now wants a manual. We are trying to decide between a Vette or maybe buying a base GT to send to Shelby. I will say that the paddles are ok for quick downshifting but are rather soggy when going up through the gears. The car in sport mode actually shifts much harder going up by itself.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banginstang View Post
We bought our 2015 GT convertible with an auto because wifey uses it to go to work during the week. Funny part is she now wants a manual. We are trying to decide between a Vette or maybe buying a base GT to send to Shelby. I will say that the paddles are ok for quick downshifting but are rather soggy when going up through the gears. The car in sport mode actually shifts much harder going up by itself.
If you have a choice between the 2 go with the Vette all day long if you have to go Auto... Coming from someone with both there's no comparison.

2015 50th Anniversary Deep Impact Blue
Apprentice

Garage
If you get the Auto, I highly recommend the Bama tuner, will make it shift much better. Removing a lot of the hesitation and improving shift points
Apprentice
5.0L Member

If it matters, I too live in the heart of Los Angeles, My drive consists of going to LAX daily (Oh god) and I chose the 2015 GT in a manual transmission.

Drive it like it's meant to be driven.... With 3 pedals! =P

2015 Ford Mustang GT Ruby Red 5.0 (Lund 91 Race Tune, JLT CAI, Kooks 1-7/8 Catless Long Tubes, Flowmaster Outlaws (Resonator Delete X-Pipe), Hotchkis Front/Rear Sway Bars)
2013 Black Convertible Premium V6 (LSD W/ Carbon Discs, 4.10 Gears, Airaid Cold Air Intake, BBK 73MM Throttle Body, BAMA 91 Race Tune, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust) (Traded in January 2015)
2007 Tungsten Gray V6 Convertible W/ Pony Package (Stock) (Sold March 2013)
Apprentice

Wait and buy a 2016 you will be able to get the PP in an automatic and even in the convertible(at least up here in Canada)

Sorry correction - you can get the PP in the 2016 convertible (which you could not previously) but you still have to stick with the manual transmission

Last edited by dly2k1; 08-27-2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: wrong info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page