Test drove a 2015 EcoBoost tonight - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Test drove a 2015 EcoBoost tonight

Took my 13 GT, SGM, with M6, 55D and 401A, to the dealer for service and noticed that they had a couple 2015 Mustangs on the lot. One was an EcoBoost and the other was a GT Premium.

The seats in the 15 felt like the old Recaros that were in my Indy Pace Car that I had many years ago. The motor sounded very nice and somewhat "raspy" (you had to hear it), the M6 shifted smoothly, and the car felt very tight. Never went above 60mph with it as it had under 20 miles on the car. Brakes felt very balanced... compares to my VW Jetta TDI. I shifted at less than 3 grand as the car isn't mine to pounce on but it ran very well.

If I didn't have my car, I would have bought this one on the spot. I know... it's a "lesser" car per se (power, braking, and options) but it was nicely balanced and optioned for what I needed.

The dealer asks me about my car, what I owe on it, how much I think it's worth, and so on. I gave him my info and invited to check out my car (wow, it's really clean!) and to get a hold of me at a later date.

I get back in my car and drive it the same way I test drove the 15... I really like my 13 a lot! Good thing I didn't test drive the '15 GT...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	077.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	994.2 KB
ID:	391946   Click image for larger version

Name:	078.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	1,009.6 KB
ID:	391954   Click image for larger version

Name:	079.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	492.5 KB
ID:	391962   Click image for larger version

Name:	080.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	697.1 KB
ID:	391970  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
I'm not sure I like the white seating surface with the side (and back?) of the seat being black.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014
PONY Member

Garage
I think they look great like that. They look like cloth seats are they?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangholt33 View Post
I think they look great like that. They look like cloth seats are they?
It is a base model "100A Ecoboost", so YES they are cloth. Same cloth seats that would be in the base model "300A GT". They are available in the Ceramic/Ebony Cloth you see here or all Ebony.

Leather comes std. in the Premium "200A EB" & "400A GT" and you get a choice of Ebony, Ebony/Ceramic, and Ebony/Dark Saddle. If you go with the Premier Trim (slightly different seat pattern and upgraded interior trim), you can get Ebony or Ebony/Red.

Recaro's are also available ... base model EB or GT in Ebony Cloth, Premium EB or GT Leather in Ebony or Ebony/red Stitching with Premier Trim option.

Doug

My Stangs ...
1969 Calypso Coral 351W 4V 4-Spd 3.50 T-Lok Deluxe GT Hardtop (owned since '81)
2016 Guard 2.3L Ecoboost 6-Spd MT Base Fastback, 641, 66W, 13D, 47AX O-T-T Stripes (ord 2/11 ~ del 5/23 ~ mine 5/26)
past rides:
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L V6 6-Spd MT Prem Coupe, 203A MCA & HID's (0-129k mi)
2004 Comp Orange, 1998 Chrome Yellow & 1994 Bright Blue V6 5-Spd Coupes (0-126k, 131k & 89k mi)
1979 Fairmont Futura w/ '85 HO 5.0L, built AOD, 3.27 T-Lok + more (a Stang w/real back seat & trunk)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014
PONY Member

Interesting to look at the sticker. It is $26k with no options. But look at what is standard on the base ecoboost that several years ago were options. 17" wheels (used to be an ugrade not too long ago), HID lights, fog lights, auto lights, power seats (both), sync, push button start, track apps, rear view camera.

I guess if you go far enough back all of the stuff listed started out as options, but still...not too bad, all things considered.

2008 Bullitt|Roush M90 w/2.57 pulley & CAI; 90mm MAF; Steeda-UCA, LCAs, Ultralites, links, mounts; MM CC plates; Bilsteins; GT500 FCAs; Brembos; Roush shifter; GT500KR axle back; etc
1969 Coupe Restomod-never complete!
2008 Power Wheels Bullitt Clone
Mustangs from the past: 66 coupe, 69 Coupe, 69 Grande, 2001 Bullitt, 2011 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page