Let the price gouging begin - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

The price of any car can go higher only if you guys bid them up.

I tend to buy after the initial buzz calms down.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
You can join Mustang Club of America, for $50, and get X-Plan pricing.
I usually just ask for the invoice and agree to pay $200 over invoice - rebates.

Invoice on my car was $38154.52 - $500 (switch rebate) + $200

I paid $37854 for my 2015 Premium PP w/Nav. The dealer has 3% hold back on invoice and gets survey money from ford. No need to ever pay near MSRP.

2016 Mustang GT Roush TVS 2300, MBRP race catback 611 rwhp

Previous:
2015 Focus ST Race Red gtx2971r w/aux fuel (447 whp)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Stock)
2015 Fiesta ST (305 whp) (gtx2860r)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP (410 whp)
Apprentice

I'm currently shopping for a 2015 GT Premium Coupe and used True Car (curiosity mostly) and got 3 offers ranging from $1400 under MSRP to $4600 under MSRP.

The $1400 was actually an error and should have been $3400 under MSRP. X-Plan is actually more. I'm not having any issue getting $4k off a $38k MSRP car.

I did have one dealer tell me about "two invoices" which immediately caused me great concern. I asked for a quote and he wanted me to come in to get that "great" price. I welcome him to 2015 and the age of the Internet and told him to send me the quote or piss off.

I'm a bit surprised at the kind of deals available for the new model year. And this is with only $500 customer cash and $500 military rebate. So.. basically $3500 off with a $500 kicker some folks might not get. I do need to sign up for the American Quarterhorse Assocation, however. That's worth another $500, IIRC. Request a brochure from Ford (mailed) and you get a chance at another $750 off. (Not everyone will get it.)

I think the thread is old and dated and should probably be closed unless someone has recent price gouging information.

With that, I have a 2011 V6 I'd like to sell for about $34k. It's in the expensive Kona Blue color and it's an MCA -- RARE! (Actually my build is very rare but whatever... it's still a 2011 Mustang V6. I'll negotiate a little. LOL)

Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
With that, I have a 2011 V6 I'd like to sell for about $34k. It's in the expensive Kona Blue color and it's an MCA -- RARE! (Actually my build is very rare but whatever... it's still a 2011 Mustang V6.)
I sold a 2011 GT 5.0 Brembo with 15K miles for $24K.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965mustang View Post
I sold a 2011 GT 5.0 Brembo with 15K miles for $24K.
So... is that an offer?

How did you feel about that price? Was that trade-in or private party?

Mine has 45k with the remainder of an extended warranty (up to 100k, I believe.)
Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
How did you feel about that price?
I was very happy with it, and it is what it is. I paid $30,797 on 9-21-10.

It was a great car that never went to a shop. I did the regular maintenance. I just traded to another car.

I have a few more cars that I have kept for over 15 years. I believe the 2015 Mustang is better than the 2011.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
Apprentice

I remember in 2005 when I was looking to buy the new model I was in Charlotte NC for a monthly meeting and stopped by Yarborough Ford and they would not take the x-plan and laughed at me.....I ended up buying one Two weeks later in Myrtle Beach with the X-plan.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnall1337 View Post
I usually just ask for the invoice and agree to pay $200 over invoice - rebates.

Invoice on my car was $38154.52 - $500 (switch rebate) + $200

I paid $37854 for my 2015 Premium PP w/Nav. The dealer has 3% hold back on invoice and gets survey money from ford. No need to ever pay near MSRP.
Can I ask where that was offered? I am in San Antonio too and am currently pricing different dealers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page