the 2015 impressions - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
I know that "reliability" has been an issue with Chrysler products in the past (I did a lot of research using Consumer Reports). The Challenger did make it on their "Recommended List" for 2015. Only time will really tell, but I think that is a good indicator.
OK. My Chrysler experience is two-fold: 1) We bought a new 2002 Chrysler T&C minivan that was a total POS for 12 years. Thank heaven for its 100K mile warranty. We finally traded it in on a 2014 Outback and were offered whopping $1250 trade-in. 2) Before I bought my 2012 Mustang V6, I test drove the 2012 Challenger V6. It was no comparison to the Stang. I took it around the block for a very short test drive and told the salesman "thanks but no thanks".

Back then I had crappy auto insurance that seriously penalized the V8 muscle cars. That's why I bought the V6. My impressions might have been different had I tested the V8 Challenger.

BTW your interior is gorgeous! I can smell it just by looking at it....

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

I gotta say when i 1st started seeing the drawings of what the 2015 should look like i got excited but as we got closer to the release day the pics got uglier and uglier. Now that I've seen it in person sat in it , i gotta say I was not moved! I like others like my 2012 which is completely modded, and its exactly the way i want it. No way i can consider this car and the amount of money it would take to get it the way i want it!

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
PONY Member

To be honest, these threads are annoying as hell.

If you don't like the 2015 Stang, why are you on the forum FOR it and bashing it? The OP starts the thread out by saying he's not bashing it, but then ...bashes it completely.

It's a different look from the 2011-14 cars , yes, but...move on. I'm a 12 owner and I rather like the 2015 Mustang. Yes, it has a corporate face, but ALL cars, and their sports cars typically have their corporate faces. The FoxBody Mustangs are a prime example of that.

But, I feel like the 2015 picks up where the 2004 Mustang left off. It's a modern interpretation of the Mustang. Which is what it should be. The whole "if it doesn't look like a 1968 then it's not a Mustang" stuff is wishy washy. To me, when I see a 2015, I see a Mustang written all in it. One of these days, I plan on picking one up. No offense to the 2012-14's, but it's nice to ride in a car that doesn't creak and go all over the place over a bump on the road.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post

If you don't like the 2015 Stang, why are you on the forum FOR it and bashing it? The OP starts the thread out by saying he's not bashing it, but then ...bashes it completely.

It's a different look from the 2011-14 cars , yes, but...move on. I'm a 12 owner and I rather like the 2015 Mustang. Yes, it has a corporate face, but ALL cars, and their sports cars typically have their corporate faces. The FoxBody Mustangs are a prime example of that.

But, I feel like the 2015 picks up where the 2004 Mustang left off. It's a modern interpretation of the Mustang. Which is what it should be. The whole "if it doesn't look like a 1968 then it's not a Mustang" stuff is wishy washy. To me, when I see a 2015, I see a Mustang written all in it. One of these days, I plan on picking one up. No offense to the 2012-14's, but it's nice to ride in a car that doesn't creak and go all over the place over a bump on the road.
Well said!

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
To me, the 2015 Mustang looks like just another one of the "corporate gang." I voted with my checkbook, this Thursday, and traded my 2013 GT vert in on a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 (485 HP, 475 FT. LBS. torque, 8 speed auto (programmable)). In terms of price/performance/looks/interior the new 485 HP Scat Back is the best buy. However, I wanted the SRT 392 "programmable suspension" and the programmable engine/transmission tunes (From the dashboard computer screen). Even though I am a FORD shareholder, I just could not handle the "all cousins look alike" look of the 2015 Mustang - reminded me of when FORD designed the Jaguar to look like the Taurus My plan is to drive the top 10 - 15 "road trips," across the USA, in the next three years ... and run down one or two drag strips - on the way. The interior and technology in the Challenger are far ahead of the other "pony cars" IMHO - and I looked at them all. I really enjoyed my 2000 Mustang GT vert, my 2011 Mustang vert and my 2013 Mustang GT vert. I will keep watching the Mustang and give it another try if it comes back to "the Mustang look" and its technology improves.

I posted on this thread when it was in a different forum. Did not intend to be redundant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona stang10 View Post
I gotta say when i 1st started seeing the drawings of what the 2015 should look like i got excited but as we got closer to the release day the pics got uglier and uglier. Now that I've seen it in person sat in it , i gotta say I was not moved! I like others like my 2012 which is completely modded, and its exactly the way i want it. No way i can consider this car and the amount of money it would take to get it the way i want it!
I also sat in the 2015 Mustang, the 2015 Camaro and the Challenger. The Camaro interior is not "great." Of course, next year is the big redesign of the Camaro. The Mustang was nicer then my 2013, but the new Challenger is really very nice - especially with the Laguna (all leather) seats and interior door panels. I think the new Mustang 5.0 should be very reliable. The new 8 speed auto, in the Challenger, is a great transmission - especially with the 3 on board programs. The Camaro and the Challenger certainly have very unique "visual looks." The Mustang certainly has the "Ford" look. Lots of choices for people looking for a car from the "pony class."

The last two pictures show the car computer programming of the car's performance characteristics. Transmission also reprograms the engine throttle response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chal34a.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	393466   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal32a.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	393474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal14a.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	393482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal15a.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	393490   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal37a.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	393498  

Name:	chal312a.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	393506   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal313a.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	393514  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

Last edited by Radioguy; 11-11-2014 at 02:56 PM.
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
SECRET TO LIVING A LONG HAPPY LIFE: Stay away from those things that annoy you. Just move on......

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
Rookie

I like the 2015. We are lucky because so many cars look alike these days. Be thankful there is any throwback features on it. I parked next to a Taurus a few weeks ago, and on the other side of me was a Kia. They looked like the same car at first glance.

I've sat in and drove a Camaro and hated it. Visibility was awful and I felt closed in. I liked the Challengers when they were first reintroduced but I've grown tired of them. There's just not much going on in the sheet metal. Tall and slab-sided.
PONY Member

I was at the local dealership, and they had 8-10 new Mustangs all lined-up out front.

Oddly enough, no sales person came out to great me and try and sell me a car......very odd.

Anyways, my initial impressions are not changed. It just doesn't look like a Mustang, especially from the front. Still, the interior is really nice.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
That's the thing, move on to where? There isn't a place anyone can go to just discuss the merits of the car without someone posting a picture of their friggin' challenger or talking about Fusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
SECRET TO LIVING A LONG HAPPY LIFE: Stay away from those things that annoy you. Just move on......

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Rookie

Many automakers have a design theme that defines all cars in their line to some degree. What comes to mind right off is the front end of Mazda, and Acura (ugh the beak). GM and Chrysler have done it too. Ohmygosh, anyone look at a BMW or Mercedes? I think in a few years the '13 and '14 Mustang will still look very nice, yet dated. The Fusion actually looks pretty good these days.
Apprentice

I have had a 13 challenger rt Classic in plum crazy for the last year and a half. I have a little over 14k miles on it and as far as reliability goes it has been flawless. I know Chrysler has had its problems in the past but things have improved a lot. That being said, I am still and always will be a huge mustang fan. Based on my history, chances are I will end up with another one sometime. I have only seen one 15 GT up close but as far as first impressions go, I actually think it is a good looking car. One thing I don't like though is how Ford just keeps bumping the price up. A lot of the 15 GT premiums are over 40k now MSRP.

1990 Mustang LX 5.0 Auto--Gone a long time ago. 1st Stang
1987 Mustang GT 5.0 Manual--Sold
2008 Mustang GT Manual--Sold
2013 Mustang GT 5.0 Auto--Sold
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Manual--Sold
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genxer View Post
... I think in a few years the '13 and '14 Mustang will still look very nice, yet dated...
Dated perhaps, but oh my good gosh, does the 2013-2014 GT and 2011-2014 GT500 get my special spot all tingly. IMHO, i think these S197 version 2 bodies look fantastic and really draw from all the great years of mustang including the classic Shelbys. I honestly see the above mention years as a reborn, modern interpretation of the '67 GT and GT500. Thats not a bad thing to be dated on.

2011 GT500 SVTPP
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsouthwest2001 View Post
I have had a 13 challenger rt Classic in plum crazy for the last year and a half. I have a little over 14k miles on it and as far as reliability goes it has been flawless. I know Chrysler has had its problems in the past but things have improved a lot. That being said, I am still and always will be a huge mustang fan. Based on my history, chances are I will end up with another one sometime. I have only seen one 15 GT up close but as far as first impressions go, I actually think it is a good looking car. One thing I don't like though is how Ford just keeps bumping the price up. A lot of the 15 GT premiums are over 40k now MSRP.
Yes, and the 2015 convertible premium GT, with options, gets to over $50K. That's a pretty "high class" neighborhood
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	393730  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
PONY Member

Sat in a 2015 this morning. I had to drop my car off early this morning, and I was waiting for the porter to take me to work.

The dealership had about 10 2015 Mustangs up front, and I checked them out. Two were GT w/Performance Pack, both in Sterling Grey, both right next to each other.

I looked at the sticker on one, and it was almost $45k. It was a Premium with tons of accessory packages. The other SG PP car was a base GT, and it's sticker was just a bit over $35k. And I found the doors were open.....so I jumped in.

First, although I had no key, the stereo worked. The interior was actually quite nice, and the standard cloth seats were surprisingly comfortable. For being a "base" GT it had everything I would want, and didn't have a bunch of expensive crap I would have no use for. It had SYNC, a nice stereo (of un-known wattage) w/6 speakers, nice seats that were power adjustable, a very light clutch pedal, and the transmission shifted very nicely.

So, long story short, for just a shade over 35K, the base GT with the Performance Package is a great buy. If I were going to buy a new Mustang, that is what I would get. Add a good tune and some better struts, and it would be a really great car.

Still....it's too heavy, and doesn't look like a Mustang.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsouthwest2001 View Post
I agree. My 2008 GT with HID lights, interior lighting, 18" wheel upgrade, etc. still had a sticker of $28K or so. The same car now would be almost $10K more.

As far as the Dodge goes, I traded a 2014 Challenger SXT to get this Mustang and the Dodge quality is lightyears ahead of anything else out there. The sheet metal was thicker, the doors made a nice "thump" when closed, the interior was leather trimmed with auto climate controls as standard equipment, it was much roomier and comfortable, the chassis was rugged yet rode like a dream, you could open the trunk without the key, etc. etc. etc...just a VERY nice and well built car. I don't have a problem with Chrysler quality at all. I've also owned tons of Ram trucks and Jeeps over the years all with great quality and very little repairs.

I don't like the '15 Stang. I think it looks way too European to be an American classic representation. Having said that, the interior is much much better and the exterior will grow on people. Give it a year and there will be no more threads about how ugly it is.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page