the 2015 impressions - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsouthwest2001 View Post
One thing I don't like though is how Ford just keeps bumping the price up. A lot of the 15 GT premiums are over 40k now MSRP.
While I am not a huge fan of the new Mustang, I can't support the idea that they're too expensive. In fact Ford has actually done a very good job in keeping the price down.

My 2012 GT Premium with the Brembo Performance Package, with the only additional option being heated seats, was right around $37k sticker.

A 2015 GT Premium with the Performance Package, and no other options, is $39,420.00, which is actually a good value in comparison to my 2012 car. Over and above what my car has, the new Mustang Premium has both heated and cooled seats, a better LSD (Torsen), the IRS (of course), HIDs, dual-zone HVAC, an engine oil cooler, electronic line-lock and launch control.

For around an additional $2500.00-$3000.00, that really is a good value, all things considered. Right around a 6-8% price increase, for an almost all-new car, with more standard kit.

Seeing Mustangs with $40k+ stickers doesn't mean that they're bad values, it means Sales Managers are ordering fully-optioned cars to sell. When I was at the dealership today, they had two Sterling Grey Performance Package GTs. One was a Premium with tons of options, and it was close to $45k. The other was a base and it was just a tick over $35k.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
New models at roll out time are typically loaded. That lets dealers capitalize on the emotion of "gotta have it first" buyers.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
I agree. My 2008 GT with HID lights, interior lighting, 18" wheel upgrade, etc. still had a sticker of $28K or so. The same car now would be almost $10K more.

As far as the Dodge goes, I traded a 2014 Challenger SXT to get this Mustang and the Dodge quality is lightyears ahead of anything else out there. The sheet metal was thicker, the doors made a nice "thump" when closed, the interior was leather trimmed with auto climate controls as standard equipment, it was much roomier and comfortable, the chassis was rugged yet rode like a dream, you could open the trunk without the key, etc. etc. etc...just a VERY nice and well built car. I don't have a problem with Chrysler quality at all. I've also owned tons of Ram trucks and Jeeps over the years all with great quality and very little repairs.

I don't like the '15 Stang. I think it looks way too European to be an American classic representation. Having said that, the interior is much much better and the exterior will grow on people. Give it a year and there will be no more threads about how ugly it is.
I have to agree about the quality, function and performance of the Challenger. My 2015 Challenger SRT 392 is really incredible to drive - in all aspects. The dashboard adjustable suspension, steering, traction/stability control, transmission/throttle programming etc. really makes the car extremely versatile. The sheet metal thickness, quality of paint and the pure performance are all a notch up from either my 2011 Mustang vert or 2013 Mustang GT vert. I do think the 2015 Mustang is improved from previous years. The Challenger 8 speed transmission, in track mode, shifts in 160 milliseconds - and hard. Lots of good cars out there, but they are getting more expensive - fast!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chal34a.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	394458   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal313a.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	394466   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal312a.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	394474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal14a.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	394482  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

PONY Member

I drove the new 2015 today….I'm blown away……best mustang ever…..love it……love it….love it….

2012 Black GT/CS; steeda ultra lights; koni yellows; max motorsports caster camber plates; fays2 watts link; f14 forgestars 20x9/20x11; nitto invo; borla axle backs; other stuff.....
PONY Member

I haven't been here in a while. I like the new looks of the 2015 but I'm still on the fence. I still have my v6 and gt500 and am left wanting for nothing. From the looks of the climate here I might hold off a year or two before I get serious with the new series.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorbanjo View Post
I drove the new 2015 today….I'm blown away……best mustang ever…..love it……love it….love it….
How about telling us exactly what you drove? Where and how you drove it would be helpful too. And what, precisely, you liked about it. And what you didn't....

Etc., etc., etc.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Rookie

I test drove the 15 GT base model a few weeks ago but before I test drove it I thought it would be great and don't get me wrong it was good. The interior was nice compared to my 12 GT and the new body style is badass. When driving the car I could feel the power and it shifted good being that it's a new car of course. I just thought the throttle response would of been better. Overall the car was good but at first I was considering trading in my 12 to get the 15 but After the test drove I'll just stick to my 12. Still a nice car though.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
While I am not a huge fan of the new Mustang, I can't support the idea that they're too expensive. In fact Ford has actually done a very good job in keeping the price down.
According to my window sticker, the base price on the GT was $25,840 in 2008. That means that the base price has increased $6,260 in the last seven years (or fewer since the base price was probably similar at least through 2010).

A $6,260 base price increase isn't my idea of "keeping the price down". Pony cars/muscle cars originated as a small to midsize car with a big powerful engine under the hood and a low sticker price. The idea being that the younger generation would have cars they could love and afford and enjoy.

For 2015, Ford is trying to turn the Mustang into something upscale. It's now getting out of many people's budget. I think it's a bad move. At one point Ford was selling over 100,000 S197 platform Mustangs annually. Why? Well, one huge reason was that people could afford them! Now it's hard to find a new GT on a lot anywhere for less than $35K and that's getting well into the range of many other nicer cars and even some nice slightly used Corvettes.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
For 2015, Ford is trying to turn the Mustang into something upscale. It's now getting out of many people's budget. I think it's a bad move. At one point Ford was selling over 100,000 S197 platform Mustangs annually. Why? Well, one huge reason was that people could afford them! Now it's hard to find a new GT on a lot anywhere for less than $35K and that's getting well into the range of many other nicer cars and even some nice slightly used Corvettes.
Part of the problem is that a lot of people think they need every single gadget that's been invented to be included in their car. As long as people are demanding certain items Ford, and other manufacturers, are going to find ways to include them. Sequential turn signals, adjustable effort steering, factory line locks and launch controls all cost money to develop. Until people realize that they don't really need so many gimmicks on their cars the price will continue to rise.

Then there's the safety and fuel economy mandates from the federal government that continue to fuel price increases as well.
Apprentice

Yeah...I agree. I REALLY want a new GT but even with X-Plan I'm looking at $35K for a GT with auto and the 50th Anniv package.
$35k is a HUGE investment for most people for a car. I think the most I've ever paid for a vehicle was $24k. (2005 Trailblazer EXT) Our 11 VT Vert was under $20k.
The average person can't afford a new Mustang anymore..unless its a stripped down base model.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Part of the problem is that a lot of people think they need every single gadget that's been invented to be included in their car. As long as people are demanding certain items Ford, and other manufacturers, are going to find ways to include them. Sequential turn signals, adjustable effort steering, factory line locks and launch controls all cost money to develop. Until people realize that they don't really need so many gimmicks on their cars the price will continue to rise.

Then there's the safety and fuel economy mandates from the federal government that continue to fuel price increases as well.
Part of that issue is that other cars offer many of the new "electronic features" with little or no additional charge - the actual cost of that technology is very very low (Due to the volume manufacturing and the price performance improvement of electronics overall).
The Mustang charges a "very high up-charge" for the new electronic features.

Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
Rookie

I don't know how the GT350 is going to be in the low $50's if a loaded GT is over $40k.. I did see a few dealers offering several grand off sticker though, but still that's a lot of cashesh for a GT considering how fast pony cars depreciate.

11' and 12' Spec Race Atom Series Champion

#351 Team Murricuh' Miata Chump Car

12' LS #491, H&R Race Springs, FRPP BBS Wheels, Short Stubby Side Pipes w/QTP, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Mufflers, 302S Grille, MGW Race Spec, Roush UCA, Fays2, Strano Rear Swaybar, Watson Roll Bar, Bob's LCA's, UMI LCA relo brackets, Koni Yellow's
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE51 View Post
I don't know how the GT350 is going to be in the low $50's if a loaded GT is over $40k.. I did see a few dealers offering several grand off sticker though, but still that's a lot of cashesh for a GT considering how fast pony cars depreciate.
Actually, it is quite easy to option a 2015 GT convertible 10 50K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	400458  

Rookie

I went from a 14 to 15. While I did LOVE my 14 after driving the 15 I just fell in love with it. To me the looks are good (not great...but I still like it a lot) but the quality of the interior and the feel of the suspension and breaks is just phenomenal over the 14. Not to mention the shifter feel is a lot better...I don't see the need for the Blow Fish Bracket...at least in the near future for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page