the 2015 impressions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

the 2015 impressions

This post is by no means bashing the looks of the 2015 Mustang. I am just experiencing something that others might be experiencing as I behold and digest the new model.

The only ones I have seen so far are a rental (subject of another post) and the 2 that are on display at the local dealer. AT FIRST GLANCE I get that WOW feeling like it's awesome. But the more I look at it, the more I see its design shortcomings like its huge mouth (grill) and other disproportionate design features that I can't quite figure out yet. Then as time passes, the WOW starts to fade to something approaching an UGH. Bottom line, I am so tickled with EVERY ASPECT of my 2014 and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!

But each to his own. Some like portly women while others like Olive Oil of Popeye fame. Think of how totally boring this life would be if we all had identical likes and dislikes!

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)

Last edited by OkieHick; 11-07-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: political correctness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014
PONY Member

Most people I know that just saw Pictures of the 2015 Mustang
"Hated " it including my 17 year old Nephew. He has a Fox Boy. They would ask me what I thought and I would say I would not form an opinion until I saw it in person. I went to the Ford Journalists event and they had 20 Mustangs the in all available Colors. I sat in several of them for several hours and after the day ended I absolutely Love the New Mustang. The Interior completely blows away the 2013 Interior (I have the Premium with Brick red Seats with the Stripe. My Nephew was with me and he went from Hater to 2015 Mustang Fan.
The Body Style is Stunning. My Fav color is the Darker red color (Forgot the name) Mine is race Red..

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Nice car but it's ugly. Maybe it will grow on me after the first refresh.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014
PONY Member

Garage
The "Fusionstang" will be lucky to hit 90,000 North American sales the first year. Hopefully the European/Asian market will pick up the slack!!

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
Most people I know that just saw Pictures of the 2015 Mustang
"Hated " it including my 17 year old Nephew. He has a Fox Boy. They would ask me what I thought and I would say I would not form an opinion until I saw it in person. I went to the Ford Journalists event and they had 20 Mustangs the in all available Colors. I sat in several of them for several hours and after the day ended I absolutely Love the New Mustang. The Interior completely blows away the 2013 Interior (I have the Premium with Brick red Seats with the Stripe. My Nephew was with me and he went from Hater to 2015 Mustang Fan.
The Body Style is Stunning. My Fav color is the Darker red color (Forgot the name) Mine is race Red..

I agree. A friend of mine just purchased a new GT 6 speed. He let me take it for a test drive. It's a winner. I like everything about it.

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014
Apprentice

I suppose it's like any other car; some people will like the style and some won't. Of course bringing the status of an American icon to the table is another component to the styling but.... I don't care for it. When I first saw it, head on, at the N.Y. Auto Show I mistook it for a Fusion. I was and am so disappointed. I don't like how the design of the front doesn't go with the back; it looks nose-heavy to me. From the rear 3/4 view it looks like a 1970s Toyota Celica hardtop. The front does indeed look like a Fusion to me; it needs the fog lights in the grill like on my 2014 GT Premium. I haven't had a good look at the interior (I couldn't get a good look at it at the auto show) but from the pictures I've seen it does look nice.
But...it is a Mustang; same wonderful exhaust noise, awesome performance, and driving exhilaration. Maybe in time the styling will grow on me.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Now that I have seen one up close, it's like I said in another thread:

Appearance wise, had this been what Ford went to directly after 2009 I probably would have been drooling over it, it is a great looking car.

But because the 2010-2014 exists, it kinda leaves me with that "meh" feeling.

I, like Titan, think the front looks completely naked without the grill fogs. Granted, this is a condition our generation of V6's or GT/CS's, or even GT-500's for that matter suffer from, too. At least the Boss has the place for them in the grill, a touch taken right out of 60's and 70's race cars.

The interior, even is base trim, is definitely an upgrade from our cars though

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
This post is by no means bashing the looks of the 2015 Mustang. I am just experiencing something that others might be experiencing as I behold and digest the new model.

The only ones I have seen so far are a rental (subject of another post) and the 2 that are on display at the local dealer. AT FIRST GLANCE I get that WOW feeling like it's awesome. But the more I look at it, the more I see its design shortcomings like its huge mouth (grill) and other disproportionate design features that I can't quite figure out yet. Then as time passes, the WOW starts to fade to something approaching an UGH. Bottom line, I am so tickled with EVERY ASPECT of my 2014 and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!

But each to his own. Some like portly women while others like Olive Oil of Popeye fame. Think of how totally boring this life would be if we all had identical likes and dislikes!
To me, the 2015 Mustang looks like just another one of the "corporate gang." I voted with my checkbook, this Thursday, and traded my 2013 GT vert in on a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 (485 HP, 475 FT. LBS. torque, 8 speed auto (programmable)). In terms of price/performance/looks/interior the new 485 HP Scat Back is the best buy. However, I wanted the SRT 392 "programmable suspension" and the programmable engine/transmission tunes (From the dashboard computer screen). Even though I am a FORD shareholder, I just could not handle the "all cousins look alike" look of the 2015 Mustang - reminded me of when FORD designed the Jaguar to look like the Taurus My plan is to drive the top 10 - 15 "road trips," across the USA, in the next three years ... and run down one or two drag strips - on the way. The interior and technology in the Challenger are far ahead of the other "pony cars" IMHO - and I looked at them all. I really enjoyed my 2000 Mustang GT vert, my 2011 Mustang vert and my 2013 Mustang GT vert. I will keep watching the Mustang and give it another try if it comes back to "the Mustang look" and its technology improves.

I posted on this thread when it was in a different forum. Did not intend to be redundant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	392618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal1a.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	392626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal2a.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	708.1 KB
ID:	392634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal15a.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	392642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal14a.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	392650  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014
Apprentice

The '15 has grown on me. Im still not a fan of the face nor the tail lights. But I see the curves now and while they are different, they are kinda sexy. Interiors are different but do appear high quality.

Still not opposed to taking one for a test drive, but unless they blow me away with how they drive, my heart is still firmly set on a used GT500.

2011 GT500 SVTPP
PONY Member

Garage
Radioguy:

Congrats on your purchase; awesome looking car!! Too me, the Challenger is the best looking of the modern pony cars. Challenger and Camaro sales are really going to eat into the Mustang sales which will be lucky to settle into the 90,000 units per year mark (European/Asian sales may help). The 15 Mustang Fusion front end was dictated by corporate management, so the designers were forced to integrate that into the design. I'm really pleased that I purchased my 14 GT/CS....the glass roof is an awesome plus for me. If and when I trade, it will either be a Challenger or 13/14 GT500.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
To me, the 2015 Mustang looks like just another one of the "corporate gang." I voted with my checkbook, this Thursday, and traded my 2013 GT vert in on a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 (485 HP, 475 FT. LBS. torque, 8 speed auto (programmable)). In terms of price/performance/looks/interior the new 485 HP Scat Back is the best buy. However, I wanted the SRT 392 "programmable suspension" and the programmable engine/transmission tunes (From the dashboard computer screen). Even though I am a FORD shareholder, I just could not handle the "all cousins look alike" look of the 2015 Mustang - reminded me of when FORD designed the Jaguar to look like the Taurus My plan is to drive the top 10 - 15 "road trips," across the USA, in the next three years ... and run down one or two drag strips - on the way. The interior and technology in the Challenger are far ahead of the other "pony cars" IMHO - and I looked at them all. I really enjoyed my 2000 Mustang GT vert, my 2011 Mustang vert and my 2013 Mustang GT vert. I will keep watching the Mustang and give it another try if it comes back to "the Mustang look" and its technology improves.

I posted on this thread when it was in a different forum. Did not intend to be redundant.
Congrats, you now own the best looking of the 3 pony cars that's offered.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

As I posted in another thread, that hood is way too big as I sit in the driver seat. If my 14 is totalled and the ensuing lawsuit yields enough to buy a new car (it'll have to be a 15), I would opt for a Camaro. I won't even consider a Chrysler product since I have owned one in the past and swore to never make that mistake again. I don't mean to berate the Challenger, but one bad experience can really bias the thought process. However, the Challenger is a nice looking car and leagues better than the Charger.

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
Apprentice

2015 Mustang looks like ****.
I've seen one in person at a local Ford dealer.

I was expecting a much better looking car after 50 years,but no.

The 2005-2014 Mustang looks better.

The 2015 is heavier and Ford is staying with the puny 5.0 when GM and Chrysler offer bigger engines.

This 2015 Mustang turd needs a 351 Coyote engine at least.
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Eh, cosmetics schmantics. Performance is what it's all about. Well, for 2015 performance plus some refinement. There are a number of undeniable wins in 2015..along with a few teeth cutting concerns and a few carried over concerns.

On the whole a few of the wins are nicer than I expected, a few of the hopes I had were also dashed...

I guess it's about as can be expected. But we are just talking the GT. Some of my hopes for the higher end models could still impress.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
As I posted in another thread, that hood is way too big as I sit in the driver seat. If my 14 is totalled and the ensuing lawsuit yields enough to buy a new car (it'll have to be a 15), I would opt for a Camaro. I won't even consider a Chrysler product since I have owned one in the past and swore to never make that mistake again. I don't mean to berate the Challenger, but one bad experience can really bias the thought process. However, the Challenger is a nice looking car and leagues better than the Charger.
I know that "reliability" has been an issue with Chrysler products in the past (I did a lot of research using Consumer Reports). The Challenger did make it on their "Recommended List" for 2015. Only time will really tell, but I think that is a good indicator.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal1aa.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	392962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal2a.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	708.1 KB
ID:	392970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal14a.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	392978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal15a.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	392986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal27a.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	392994  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page