A fair comparison - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

A fair comparison

Do you guys think the the comparison between a Bmw M4 and 2015 Ford Mustang GT is fair? I do think the Mustang has come a long ways in development, what do you think? I found two examples to help sort out the comparison,

LotLinx - New 2015 ford Mustang - 1FA6P8RF3F5500893

LotLinx - New 2015 BMW M4 - WBS3U9C54FJ967977

Obviously the M4 is a convertible but I still think the Mustang can match the M4, maybe I am biased. Also BmwBlog put this out,

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/07/23/20...-m4-take-pick/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014
PONY Member

I really don't think that someone buying a $86k BMW is going to cross shop a Mustang. I could be wrong, but I think that the tools that buy BMW's are dead set on their Bavarian supremacy. On a one to one basis, the Mustang compares favorably, but will be the loser in fit and finish. For what it's worth, however, BMW electronic problems pay for my Boss.

Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid.
John Wayne
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
I really don't think that someone buying a $86k BMW is going to cross shop a Mustang. I could be wrong, but I think that the tools that buy BMW's are dead set on their Bavarian supremacy. On a one to one basis, the Mustang compares favorably, but will be the loser in fit and finish. For what it's worth, however, BMW electronic problems pay for my Boss.
Lexus recalls pay for my GT.

2011 GT500 SVTPP

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014
PONY Member

A realistic comparison is with the Camaro.

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014
PONY Member

The fairly recent comparisons between the M3 (M4) and the mustang is more for the benefit of mustang owners. No one seriously considering a new ~$70k M3/4 is also shopping for a ~$40k GT.

Now, the GT350 that was just released? Personally, if I was considering an M4, I'd have to take a GT350 for a spin as well.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014
PONY Member

The 2011 BPP GT was tested against the M3 years ago on the track, and it was a tie.

But, like others have already stated, it's silly to compare a vehicles with such vastly different pricing.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014
Rookie

I was recently looking at the Lexus site for the RC-F and they give you the ability to compare against other cars. I chose the 2015 Mustang GT, and I have to say, the RC-F is only marginally better and costs like $26k more. I was curious if I was the first and only person to ever choose the Ford Mustang GT as a compare for that car. I'd rather have the GT350 than an RC-F, no question.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexustech48 View Post
Lexus recalls pay for my GT.
Good thing i bought my wife an Infinity....lol.

I am sure there are Ford Techs some where who drive Beamers or Audis or Lexi or some such.....

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page