Looking for a list of whats new 2015 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014 Thread Starter
Em3
PONY Member
S197 Member

Looking for a list of whats new 2015

So I've recently come back after having got rid of my mustang about 1.5 years ago.

I've tried searching everywhere and can't seem to find a detailed list of what is actually new on the 2015s vs 2014. Yes I know how to use google, but for example I read only on here how the rods in the 15' engine were upgraded to the same ones that were in the boss.

If anyone would happen to have a link to somewhere with solid information that would be greatly appreciated!!

Some questions also

-Some articles state that the "backup camera" will be standard equipment on 15's but on the build&price on the website there is still an option for a "Reverse Sensing System". Whats not right here?

-I've seen there is a new Launch Control feature and a Line Lock feature. I'm personally a fan of the automatic transmissions in these cars especially since my old mustang was my DD and if I get a new one it will most likely be as well. -With that being said is the launch control and line lock only available on the manual or both the man and auto?

Thank you!

Ordered 1/12/11 Recieved 5/13/11: 2012 Mustang GT Premium, A/T, HID & Security, Comfort Pkg, 401A Brick Red & Cashmere Int, Black Ext, Remote Start, 15%/5% Ceramic Tint, Roush Axle-Backs, 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler, MGP Red 5.0 Caliper Covers, DG Auto Custom Quarter Window Scoops, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014
GT Member

Have you checked Ford's website?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014
Rookie

Improvements:

Ford has made improvements to the manual trans. The clutch was revised along with some bearings and shift feel.

In the engine, forged rods, and new better flowing heads. 435 hp, up from 420. torque is up from 390 to 400.

In the suspension of course the IRS, and a revised front suspension.

The interior is much improved over the outgoing '14.

I'm sure there is more I did not list but that's off the top of my head.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014 Thread Starter
Em3
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1120 View Post
Have you checked Ford's website?
Of course, that's what led to some contradicting information I've read from other places. Though I'd take it as ford's website being the correct information.

Still looking for any detailed information on changes. I know all the obvious, maybe I know it all. Just was surprised when I read about the upgraded rods since I hadn't read it anywhere else and it led me to believe there might be other stuff I haven't read either.

I still can't find any information as to this "reverse sensing system" as opposed to the standard "back up camera".

Ordered 1/12/11 Recieved 5/13/11: 2012 Mustang GT Premium, A/T, HID & Security, Comfort Pkg, 401A Brick Red & Cashmere Int, Black Ext, Remote Start, 15%/5% Ceramic Tint, Roush Axle-Backs, 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler, MGP Red 5.0 Caliper Covers, DG Auto Custom Quarter Window Scoops, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em3 View Post
I still can't find any information as to this "reverse sensing system" as opposed to the standard "back up camera".
The Reverse Sensing System is the thing that sounds a warning tone when you're at risk of backing into an obstacle. It's a separate system from the rear view camera, which shows you what's behind you but doesn't sound off if you're about to hit it.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page