the New GT 350 revealed - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Well, it does say a "torque peak above 400 ft lbs". They don't even give a definitive HP rating other than north of 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
Obviously that is a sweet car but 400 ft lbs of torq, that's it? Glad to see they did get serious w/ the magnetic shocks finally

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Garage
Hopefully this GT350 will drive down prices of the 13/14 Shelby GT500 so I can pick up one of those.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
PONY Member
S197 Member

That is hot. Makes me all tingly in my special place.

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint

SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to spdjnky_42
gt350 switching places with a gt500

When the green light drops...
The Bullsh!t stops. :shiny:
GT Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member

2nd the drop in older gt500s.
I just can't get into the new design. It's way to exotic for my taste.

35th Anni. Laser Red 3.8 coupe
ET: 1/8-9.892 @71.57 ET: 1/4-15.452 @88.06
4.6L 5 speed 60' 2.195 ET: 14.205 @99.44 MPH

35th Anni. Laser Red 3.8 coupe
ET: 1/8-9.892 @71.57 ET: 1/4-15.452 @88.06
4.6 60' 2.195 ET 14.205 MPH 99.44

98 Ranger XLT 4x4 Oxford White 3.0 M/T
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Looking forward I would expect a forced induction GT500 in the not too distant future. TT this 5.2 or who knows what Ford is going to do? Looks are so subjective, such a personal taste, there isn't any right or wrong. People actually like Foxes and sn95s.The objective part of this car is the performance and I'm chomping at the bit to see numbers.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
Well, it does say a "torque peak above 400 ft lbs". They don't even give a definitive HP rating other than north of 500.

This could end up making the car faster, not slower. I can tell you that when you start getting too much above 400tq, you end up spinning the tires and its no good. Even with the larger tires, unless ford wants to stat putting the computer from the GTR on the shelby to control the wheel spin (they aren't) its a problem.

Enter a car with a lower tq but a still reasonably high hp.. You don't get the wheel spin down low, but you still have all the usable power you want at speed. Doesnt sound too bad to me. It will mostly likely give all previous shelbys with much higher tq a run for their money at the strip..... i doubt it takes down the trinity but it will probably take down the rest.

Some additional info includes magnetic ride control and cross drilled carbon ceremic brakes with functional air cooling.

The car rags are saying this is more "Boss 302 Maga sized" than previous GT 500s..... If it is priced more as a Boss 302 than a Shelby though...ill be shocked.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
My Ford salesman buddy just took a guess at mid 50's price. Says that production numbers will be similar to recent GT500 numbers. Says the car is faster on the track than the Boss or GT500 by an order of magnitude. I think that means a LOT faster.

PONY Member

I love the looks of the new Shelby, the white car with the lemans blue stripes is awesome!

Cant wait to see the test drives,

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
My Ford salesman buddy just took a guess at mid 50's price. Says that production numbers will be similar to recent GT500 numbers. Says the car is faster on the track than the Boss or GT500 by an order of magnitude. I think that means a LOT faster.
I would agree with your buddy, personally. Though that it's faster than a Boss isn't impressive--it's been said that the GT+PP is faster than a Boss. That it's faster than a GT500 isn't all that impressive either since it's more of a straight line bruiser than a road course junkie.

And with a price in the low to mid 50's (IMO), it gives room for a GT500 that expands past the current car without being outrageously expensive.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
This could end up making the car faster, not slower. I can tell you that when you start getting too much above 400tq, you end up spinning the tires and its no good. Even with the larger tires, unless ford wants to stat putting the computer from the GTR on the shelby to control the wheel spin (they aren't) its a problem.

Enter a car with a lower tq but a still reasonably high hp.. You don't get the wheel spin down low, but you still have all the usable power you want at speed. Doesnt sound too bad to me. It will mostly likely give all previous shelbys with much higher tq a run for their money at the strip..... i doubt it takes down the trinity but it will probably take down the rest.

Some additional info includes magnetic ride control and cross drilled carbon ceremic brakes with functional air cooling.
Agree. My other car is a bone stock 2012 CTS-V coupe. It has 556 hp and 551 ft/lbs of torque.

The next generation V is due to be unveiled soon. There has been much discussion about this very topic. Specifically traction, with many claiming AWD is needed for the next gen better put the power down and better the current V's 3.9 0-60 times.

The V is also more than a straight line performer, but also has established itself on the track.

The current V can melt the tires at will. I would imagine the current GT-500 has the same issue.

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint
Apprentice

All I can say is WOW!!! I will give up my girlfriend for 1!! Make mine Black w/Silver Stripes!!! Carroll Shelby would be proud!! The only thing (I hope) is that it loses about 200LBS or more!!

CJ
2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack, FRPP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton 2-Post Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Springs, A&M Panhard Rod, Steeda CAI & Tune
Save the Manuals!
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaz1961 View Post
All I can say is WOW!!! I will give up my girlfriend for 1!! Make mine Black w/Silver Stripes!!! Carroll Shelby would be proud!! The only thing (I hope) is that it loses about 200LBS or more!!

Easily 300+ lighter than an old iron block condor, 100lbs lighter than an aluminum condor and probably 150lbs lighter than a Trinity.

It will still be heavier than a GT though.

At $55,000 retail and 5000-ish units a year, you should be able to pick one up within two years with less than 10,000 miles on it for less than $40,000....

Some of that weight will be added back on with larger tires, brakes, magnetic ride and heavier suspension. But that will all be distributed weight rather than weight sitting directly over the front axle.

....................... Where is my check book?

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
GT Member

2016 Shelby GT350 Ford Mustang Drive - YouTube

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
GT Member

When you guys crawl out from under a rock you'll find the price is at least $60k with the optional track pack another $10k.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page