Rear seats (help a French newbie !) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Rear seats (help a French newbie !)

Dear all,

I am French and plan to buy the new Mustang.

But, as you might know, it will be the first Mustang ever distributed in Europe. So I have never seen a real one.

I have a question : what about the rear seats. Can an adult use them with a normal leg position ?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014
BOSS Member

Yes, but, like all mustangs it is not for someone tall (taller than 5'9").....and not for long trips (1 hour +)

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aur_from_France View Post
Dear all,

I am French and plan to buy the new Mustang.

But, as you might know, it will be the first Mustang ever distributed in Europe. So I have never seen a real one.

I have a question : what about the rear seats. Can an adult use them with a normal leg position ?

Thanks for your help.
if the front passengers are tall like 6" (1m83) there won't be much space left in the rear. it is ok for short trip. but long distance will be hard. also not much headroom if you are tall.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014
PONY Member

If the 2015 is like the 2005-2014, no, not even close.

The rear seats are for emergency use and children only. With a 6' adult driving, there is no rear leg room.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014
PONY Member

Welcome to a great car
BUT in my 2012 Convertible
at 6 feet (1.83 meters) my FIVE YEAR OLD complains when in the back so I have to pull it up a bit, and my 5.5 feet (1.67M) tall wife has to pull forward for the eight year old to not kick on the passenger seat. Two adults can squeeze in the back for an emergency if less than an hour ride in my opinion.

Last edited by Top Down Bruce; 11-21-2014 at 02:17 PM. Reason: x
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014
Rookie

Not for anyone over 5 ft

I am about 5'10'' and I do not fit in the backseat very well. My head and neck are pushed forward a few inches because of the rear window. Smaller children shouldn't have a problem as long as they can keep their feet off of the seats lol
Then again would it be a mustang if it back adequate space in the rear seating?

2001 Mustang GT, MRT Offroad H-pipe, MRT MaxFlow Catback, BBK Cold Air Intake, American muscle FR500's, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw Shifter, MRT Hood Struts, Full length traction bars, Custom tinted tails,
H&R Lowering Springs, UPR Bumpsteer Kit.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The mustang is a "2 + 2" which means two real seats in the front, and two seat belts in the back. Like the other guys said, for practical purposes, the rear seats are for children or short adults only. I am about 6'2" tall, when I try to sit in the back, my head hits the ceiling and my knees are folded up almost in my face.

Also like the other guys said, if you have a tall person driving, the front seat will be touching, or nearly touching, the rear seat behind the driver; so there is no room for a passenger's knees/legs. I have put kids back there, which means I have to pull my seat forward a couple inches, and I was OK for about an hour drive . . . but not something you want to be doing all the time.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page