My new 2015 Mustang GT Premium w/50th Anniversary Package - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Can you take some pics of the dash, seats, and door panels of the 50th package? Nice car!

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hey guys, please don't laugh but I can't figure out how to get the hood open! Page 210 (http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_07_2014.pdf) says to simply pull the latch that's inside, and I'm pulling it pretty hard and the hood is not "popping" open or even budging. I hear a little faint click near the hood with only the slight movement of the latch, but when I pull real hard, nothing happens. Granted, I am not pulling with all my might as if I am doing something wrong I don't want to break anything - any ideas?? Maybe it just takes even more effort to pull on that latch? Thoughts?

Rookie

not sure on the hood, but man is that a nice looking car. Congrats and keep her stock for a little bit so you can enjoy your warranty!

11' and 12' Spec Race Atom Series Champion

#351 Team Murricuh' Miata Chump Car

12' LS #491, H&R Race Springs, FRPP BBS Wheels, Short Stubby Side Pipes w/QTP, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Mufflers, 302S Grille, MGW Race Spec, Roush UCA, Fays2, Strano Rear Swaybar, Watson Roll Bar, Bob's LCA's, UMI LCA relo brackets, Koni Yellow's

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Steve 2 amazing choices you've made, getting that bad boy 2015 and joining this forum!
Just a heads up..... the all season tires that come with the car are actually 3 season tires, and yes they are not designed to handle winter driving,and it's not just having to deal with snow,the actual rubber compound used on all season tires harden and stiffen up, reducing road holding to crap!
If you are ONLY driving it in spring, summer and up to mid fall, they work fine,but would not attempt it during winter months... dented or totalled up car is not what you might want!
For winter I use a set of winter specific Michelin's with some after market rims... they hook and perform well, as long as you do NOT overwhelm them with hard driving.
beautiful ride man looks great in black too!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
Congrats! I love those wheels! And the color too, but I'm a bit biased.

I'm with Sean. Give it some time before you start messing with the hp. On my 2012 I used to put it in Sport Mode all of the time. I'd get a feel for the car the way it is set up from the factory first.

Pete
Is this sport mode an automatic transmission thing? Pardon my naivety. I have the MT82. Am aware of advancetrac sport mode but was under the impression it changed the nanny factor on the stability control, not throttle sensitivity and engine mapping. Did they change this on the 2015?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page