My new 2015 Mustang GT Premium w/50th Anniversary Package - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

My new 2015 Mustang GT Premium w/50th Anniversary Package

Hi all! So I've never owned a Mustang before, and don't even really know much about cars. But I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect car, and when I saw the 2015 Mustang I knew this was it! I'm doing quite an upgrade as I previously had a 4 Cyl 2.0 L Toyota, but so far I am really enjoying this car (bought it Saturday). I have a couple of questions for Mustang enthusiasts:

1) How can I increase horsepower a little without making the car louder? Any easy modifications out there?
2) What exactly does Sport+ mode do? I feel like the car accelerates quicker and is much more fun to drive in this mode - seems RPMs increase by default but the manual doesn't really say what exactly is happening in this mode...

Thanks all!

-Steve

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	10879
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	395273  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014
Sean Reilly

You are 1 Lucky man Steve!!......What the different driving modes do (Toggle switches on bottom of the center Stack) Well they actually tell the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) how "Touchy" the Throttle reacts with regards to the amount of foot pressure you put on the "!oud pedal" and it also controls the way engine Timing/Torque is pulled/Added durring shifts amongst a myriad of other things......Dont worry, just read up on her (Im sure you will get plenty more Responces right here at AFM!!.....Congrats! And Good Luck with Her!......I bet it feels just a bit more lively then the 2.0L that you came out of!!......As far as "Spicing" her up just a bit....Put at least 1,000 Miles on that Coyote 5.0 before you Throw any Parts, Tunes in her.....But thats just MY Advice....

Sean.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
Welcome to the site!!

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014
Rookie

I always keep my mustang in sport mode as I feel like it does shift better when it is VS standard.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I like the rims,no reason to upgrade.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
A nice upgrade would be a tune and programmer. Probably bump the cars HP by 20 or 30 and no effect on the sound.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014
PONY Member

Nice car buddy.

Keep in mind, it's a brand-new Mustang. So you'll need to have a little patience while the after-market gets it in gear with things like tunes, and other mods.

Do us all a favor, and put the specifics of your car in your sig line so we know all about it.

Thanks.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Beautiful Mustangs Steve! how about some more pics. Just remember any modes you make could void you warranty. BTW welcome to the site.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks Sean and everyone for the warm welcome! Appreciate the feedback on sport mode, I wish there was a way to keep it on the whole time (and not reset once the car is turned off). I'll also put some miles on her before I make any changes, but it is leased, so yes I got to be careful about that. I have to say it would be pretty cool to also have the pony lights from the side mirrors projected on the ground while you are driving at night but I'm sure there's some law about that ;-)

I'll add my specs as well, but its pretty much out of the box at this point! More pics coming...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Couple pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1(2).JPG
Views:	1687
Size:	629.0 KB
ID:	395458   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2(2).JPG
Views:	1367
Size:	605.5 KB
ID:	395466  
Sean Reilly

Yeah, they added the "Pony Projection Lights" in 2013 (With Comfort Package) My Wife Loves them!.....As for having the Driving Modes Reseting once the power is cycled, well I think that is Fords "Failsafe" so as to prevent any surprises to a different driver (Wife) after one has set it up for "Track Use".........Same reason that Both Traction Control/Advance-track Revert back to active with every Power on cycle.......

I remember back when I had my '99 (The 1st year with Traction Control) And how MAD I used to get if I wanted to just jump out ahead of any X Brand car at a Light!....As the way it was set up back then, you would not only look like a complete idiot if you forgot to Disable TC. but you would actually smack your Lip into the Steering Wheel because of the amount of sensitivity (Nanny Factor) that Ford built into the early TC system!.Forget about the fact that the PCM would Pull ALL of the Timing out of the Engine, but it was the way that the brakes would react when you tried to launch Hard!.......I actually put a "Sticky Note" on my Dash just to remind me to turn off the TC!.....

Sean.
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Wow......you went from a 4 banger to this and you're lookin for more horsepower? Lol.
I also came from a Tercel to my 08 GT. I've drivin sticks all my life and I stalled THIS a couple times till I got use to it.
Also, be careful with the weather changing and your new found horsepower. Cold roads and hard tires equal more possible "Oh s%#t" scenarios.
Mine got away from me a couple times my first winter on clear roads and I wasn't even acting up.

Not tryin to be preachy, just tryin to be helpful.

Also, welcome aboard. I think that's the first one I've seen in black and it looks great.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks marylandGT, yeah I don't know what to do with all this newfound power! Thanks for the advice on the roads, I'm actually too afraid to get the car dirty so I opted to drive the 4 cyl. when it rains ;-)

Thanks Sean, yeah I guess that makes sense but I can't say I like it ;-)
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Congrats! I love those wheels! And the color too, but I'm a bit biased.

I'm with Sean. Give it some time before you start messing with the hp. On my 2012 I used to put it in Sport Mode all of the time. I'd get a feel for the car the way it is set up from the factory first.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Site Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the beautiful new 2015!

Looks perfect!

Nick C.

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page