GT350 to start at $53,000? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014 Thread Starter
BOSS Member

Garage
GT350 to start at $53,000?

I'll cross my fingers but I won't hold my breath.

Shelby GT350 Mustang Priced From $52,995? » AutoGuide.com News

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014
GT Member

Dealers will mark it up a lot remember when GT500 first came out

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014 Thread Starter
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
Dealers will mark it up a lot remember when GT500 first came out
No doubt, however that markup dropped off after the initial wave died down. As it will after the GT350 has been out for a year or two.

I'd love to be able to pick up a sub-$55,000 GT350 in 2017. However, a $60,000+ MSRP is too rich for me. It's nice to grab on to a small piece of cautious optimism, but I just don't know that it's likely.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I can't see the GT350 being only about $3000 above a loaded GT. And not all dealers are greedy, although there are more than there should be.

I'm sure that the same issue, as with the GT 500's, will be that there are only a few allotments per dealership. My guess is that $59,000 is a more realisticaly conservative price at MSRP.

If there are GT350's available and the sticker is bypassed by $10-15,000 look for a dealer that will get it at sticker or less for you. PM me and I'll tell you who I dealt with on the GT500. There is no reason to be gouged by a dealership.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014 Thread Starter
BOSS Member

Garage
Where are you finding a $50,000 GT? The best I could come up was a little more than $45,000.

Like I said before, a $53,000 GT350 would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. It will be interesting to see what the base model comes with vs the "R" model.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Where are you finding a $50,000 GT? The best I could come up was a little more than $45,000.

Like I said before, a $53,000 GT350 would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. It will be interesting to see what the base model comes with vs the "R" model.
Ford website: coupe is almost $47,000 and the convertible is around $49,000 loaded. I highly doubt that a GT350 will be under $53,000. If your dreams come true, have fun with it. It will be a great car. If you think that a z/28 competitor will come in at $23,000 under that price tag, well...

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014 Thread Starter
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
Ford website: coupe is almost $47,000 and the convertible is around $49,000 loaded. I highly doubt that a GT350 will be under $53,000. If your dreams come true, have fun with it. It will be a great car. If you think that a z/28 competitor will come in at $23,000 under that price tag, well...
Have you actually read what I've posted or are you just picking out parts of it? I'm as skeptical as the next person. Nor am I the first person to post rumor mill information.

For the record, $53,000-$47,000 does not equal $3,000.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
From Evolution Performance: Ford will ‘start’ the new Shelby GT350 at $52,995, according to Ford sources. Official pricing is yet to be announced, but we have also learned that you can expect to fork out another $2,995 for the ‘Tech’ package
Wow! That's really close to the 55K price my dealer buddy quoted, the same price that people were saying came from being "under a rock".
With production numbers fairly high and the ability to spec and order your own, dealer markups will be pretty short lived.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014 Thread Starter
BOSS Member

Garage
I'm curious what the tech package is. I wouldn't be surprised if the magnetic shocks are part of that option.
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
You are probably right. As the user of Koni Yellows, I'm wondering if the mag-shocks are overkill for the street, because the Konis sure are.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014 Thread Starter
BOSS Member

Garage
It's hard to say. I've never been in a car with them. Although, some Corvettes have been using them for several years.

I have the same shock and spring setup as you and it can get a bit stiff at times commuting 70 miles a day but I've done it for 65,000 miles. If I do decide to jump in for a GT350 it wouldn't get driven nearly as much so a potentially stiffer ride wouldn't bother me very much.
Rookie

It would be interesting if the tech package includes a head-up display.
Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

I'd go to $65,000 with options.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I'm curious what the tech package is. I wouldn't be surprised if the magnetic shocks are part of that option.
The new GT350 is reported to have a "track pack" option:

"Fender vents, an angled-forward grille, a high-pressure engine air intake, and front-brake cooling ducts are additional functional improvements that all factor into this model’s performance.With the Track Pack, the GT350 also includes an engine oil cooler and transmission cooler."

That may be where the magnetic shocks will be added. No reported price for that - that I have seen.

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Packs New V-8, Serious Track Upgrades: Video & Live Photos

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
You are probably right. As the user of Koni Yellows, I'm wondering if the mag-shocks are overkill for the street, because the Konis sure are.
The nice thing about the "magnetic shocks" is that they change both the "compression" and the "rebound" stiffness. Depending on the "driver control," that may allow a true "comfort setting" for city streets. Although the KONI Yellows are adjustable in rebound, they are fixed in compression. And, their compression stiffness is much greater then a stock GT. So the "street ride" gets rougher, even with "rebound" set to maximum soft.

My new 2015 Challenger SRT 392 has fully adjustable dampers (compression and rebound) from the computer screen in the cabin (Street, Sport, Track). Because the compression is also adjusted for "Street," it has a really comfortable street ride. On "Track," it is really hugging the road - and expecting a rather smooth surface. Sport is in between. So I think the "magnetic ride" could be a nice improvement over KONI Yellows for people that primarily drive their Mustangs on "real city streets" - like I do my 2015 Challenger SRT 392.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chal312a.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	397761   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal313a.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	397769  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page