Exporting the new 2015 Mustang to Europe! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Exporting the new 2015 Mustang to Europe!

Hey everyone,

My first time posting on these forums, so I apologize if this is in the incorrect section.

I've decided on the new 2015 Mustang and was hoping to get some advice in regarding to exporting to Europe.

The problem is I live in Romania (I'm British) and the facilities and services offered here (especially in regards to cars) aren't that great. There are a couple of people who "specialize" in importing from America, but quite frankly I wouldn't trust them further than I could throw them.

So, does anyone have some info or could send me in the right direction?

I read that sending it through Germany was the way to go, given Germany have a low import tax rate (10%), but that would of course add additional logistical issues.

The best solution for me would be having a trusted dealer in the US export to a trusted dealer in Romania and I'd pay extra for all the paper work and red tape BS to be handled.

What you think guys?

Thank you for reading

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014
PONY Member

Are there Ford dealers in Romania?

In any event, I would imagine that there would be business-related issues trying to do it that way. If the Ford dealers in Romania could sell Mustangs, I imagine they would already.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
Are there Ford dealers in Romania?

In any event, I would imagine that there would be business-related issues trying to do it that way. If the Ford dealers in Romania could sell Mustangs, I imagine they would already.
Yep there are Ford dealers in Romania, plenty I'm sure.

What do you mean business related issues? I just want to import a car for myself from America, like thousands of other people have done before me. I'm not trying to be a Mustang distributor.

Ford will be selling the Mustang next year here and probably be charging some silly price. I'm pretty sure I can actually save quite a fair amount importing instead of buying local, even when you factor in the import tax and shipping

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Here's the actual spec I wanted to get:

2015 Ford Mustang: Build and Price | Ford

If there are any dealers on here that can help me and have previous experience exporting to Europe that would be awesome
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsy View Post
Yep there are Ford dealers in Romania, plenty I'm sure.

What do you mean business related issues? I just want to import a car for myself from America, like thousands of other people have done before me. I'm not trying to be a Mustang distributor.

Ford will be selling the Mustang next year here and probably be charging some silly price. I'm pretty sure I can actually save quite a fair amount importing instead of buying local, even when you factor in the import tax and shipping
You asked about the possibility of bringing a Mustang in through a Ford dealership. I suggested there might be some business related concerns with that idea.

If you want to import a car, you're in the wrong place for information. If thousands of other people have brought a car to Romania from here, you need to talk to them about how it gets done.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014
Rookie

I'm sure with the right about of money you could import one to your country, but it might be worth trying to get one from a dealer in your country, or one in Europe. Either way, good luck!

11' and 12' Spec Race Atom Series Champion

#351 Team Murricuh' Miata Chump Car

12' LS #491, H&R Race Springs, FRPP BBS Wheels, Short Stubby Side Pipes w/QTP, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Mufflers, 302S Grille, MGW Race Spec, Roush UCA, Fays2, Strano Rear Swaybar, Watson Roll Bar, Bob's LCA's, UMI LCA relo brackets, Koni Yellow's
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsy View Post
Hey everyone,

My first time posting on these forums, so I apologize if this is in the incorrect section.

I've decided on the new 2015 Mustang and was hoping to get some advice in regarding to exporting to Europe.

The problem is I live in Romania (I'm British) and the facilities and services offered here (especially in regards to cars) aren't that great. There are a couple of people who "specialize" in importing from America, but quite frankly I wouldn't trust them further than I could throw them.

So, does anyone have some info or could send me in the right direction?

I read that sending it through Germany was the way to go, given Germany have a low import tax rate (10%), but that would of course add additional logistical issues.

The best solution for me would be having a trusted dealer in the US export to a trusted dealer in Romania and I'd pay extra for all the paper work and red tape BS to be handled.

What you think guys?

Thank you for reading
You should contact this or other import/dealers in Germany:

Telefon: +49 (0) 2855 8998305
46562 Voerde Grenzstraße 192
E-Mail: [email protected]
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015
Rookie

One more:

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium V8 5.0

6 Gang Automatikgetriebe

Active Anti Theft

Reverse Park Assist

5 x Magnetic Metallic

5 x black

5 x triple yellow

Lieferung ca. Nov. / Dez. 2014

Preis 45.970 Euro zulassungsfertig incl. Mwst + 24 Monate Garantie

Jetzt vorbestellen !!! 02373 178 611

www.joemannmotors.eu
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think your gratest obstacle is an american mustang meeting Romanian import tariffs... these tend to get sticky, daylight running lights or god knows what else you will encounter.I would imagine getting in contact with the romanian D.O.T and finding out more would remove a lot of your concerns and legalities..... essentially an American imported car into ANY other country is subject to various aspects of the car meeting THEIR standards.
Easy enough to stick it into a shipping container and insure it for the trip,but what awaits you there as you try and clear it through customs and an approved Government DOT agency might very well be another matter altogether!!!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page