Got my 15' GT today! First impressions and mods(hint: supercharger). - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

I only have around 130 miles on mine pulled off the intake and am working on my supercharger install. I take the long way around designing my own manifold. I am a lot further along than the picture shows since it was taken a few weeks ago. I'll post up some pictures soon.

And no the strut tower brace won't fit over the supercharger but I'll design one the will and the strut tower brace at the back which comes on the PP model like mine does fit.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member

Garage
I kinda like the look of the plywood myself.

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
I only have around 130 miles on mine pulled off the intake and am working on my supercharger install. I take the long way around designing my own manifold. I am a lot further along than the picture shows since it was taken a few weeks ago. I'll post up some pictures soon.

And no the strut tower brace won't fit over the supercharger but I'll design one the will and the strut tower brace at the back which comes on the PP model like mine does fit.
Looks like a great start! I'm gonna get a few more miles on mile before I tear her apart. Just to make sure there are no major factory issues before I blow the warranty lol

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14

PONY Member

The front looks like a Fusion in the photos, but in person it is unmistakably Mustang. Congrats on the new ride!

'00 Mustang V6 -- current
'12 Mustang V6 PP -- former
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMcStang View Post
The front looks like a Fusion in the photos, but in person it is unmistakably Mustang. Congrats on the new ride!
Yeah, It definitely looks better from all angles in person. Thanks!

post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

New mod: Diode dynamics LED's

I finally installed all my LED's from diode dynamics! Here's a pic of my favorite one, the switchback turn-signals! They're AWESOME and look great at night. I love that they blink orange when you activate the turn signal

(left is stock and right is the LED, obviously)

Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Love the sound of those Ford Cat-backs! That is why we shell out the bucks for Mustang GT's!
PONY Member

Quote:

You've got guts buying a brand new car and tearing it apart!!!

FWIW, I used to swim at that lake in Keego Harbor when I used to live in W. Bloomfield.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
GT Member

Rough prototype done it is off to be drawn up and then the first CNC version is made. Check that and if everything is good should install in February. Mean while I will build the biggest heat exchanger with the biggest fittings that can be installed.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Rough prototype done it is off to be drawn up and then the first CNC version is made. Check that and if everything is good should install in February. Mean while I will build the biggest heat exchanger with the biggest fittings that can be installed.

Looks great! Keep me updated! I just got my heat exchanger in the mail for my install

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Congrats! I finally saw my first one in person today at a dealer while getting an oil change on my '13. It is beautiful in person. The rear might take some getting used to, but the rest is certainly an improvement over the 13/14. I was particularly impressed with the interior. The 13/14 was quite an improvement over previous generations, but the 15 takes it all to a whole new level. Breaks my heart that mine is not the newest style anymore, but I am glad to see that best Mustang yet is on the roads. Enjoy! P.S. Anyone that makes snide Fusion comparisons is jealous

'13 Sterling Gray on Charcoal MT-82 w/ V6 Performance & Tech Packages
Upgrades
Steeda CAI-SRP Springs-Koni STR.Ts-Trident Axlebacks-MMD Matte Deck Lid/Taillights-'TC' Off Mod-Bama 93R Tune-SRP Shifter Bracket-ES Sway Bushings-DIY Catch Can-Bondra Clutch Pedal Ext-3rd Brake Flasher-LED Interior/Turn Lights-Kenwood Amp-Cadence Spkrs-Kicker Sub
Past: '93 Black on Opal Gray GT 5.0 5-Spd
Past: '65 Ivy Green on Ivy Gold Notch 289 4-Spd
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman834 View Post
Congrats! I finally saw my first one in person today at a dealer while getting an oil change on my '13. It is beautiful in person. The rear might take some getting used to, but the rest is certainly an improvement over the 13/14. I was particularly impressed with the interior. The 13/14 was quite an improvement over previous generations, but the 15 takes it all to a whole new level. Breaks my heart that mine is not the newest style anymore, but I am glad to see that best Mustang yet is on the roads. Enjoy! P.S. Anyone that makes snide Fusion comparisons is jealous
Thanks I'm loving it! Yeah the rear was my least favorite part when it first came out but honestly, it's growing on me every single day. I'm getting the rear tail lights tinted this weekend, which will improve the look a lot. My last mustang was a 13', I liked it a lot but it had some issues..which have been fixed/improved for the 15.

Rookie

Last edited by TTownfun; 01-02-2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: DUp
Rookie

Nice ride! New to the AFM forum. Just ordered my first Stang 12/24:

2015 GT Premium, auto, Black, 401A package, spolier delete, 20" wheels - bright aluminum, enhanced security, windows tinted before I pick up. If the weather wasn't so ugly it would be even harder to sit and wait. No VIn yet but I'm told it should be around March 1st delivery.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Cat-back only dyno results

Had my mustang Dyno'ed today just to get some baseline numbers down before I start modding. The only mod done at the time of this video was the Ford racing sport cat-back! Unfortunately, I don't have a completely stock run..but the guy at the shop told me a 2015 they dyno'ed the other day put down 382bone stock. Not that it means much. Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAMD...ature=youtu.be

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page