Got my 15' GT today! First impressions and mods(hint: supercharger). - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Got my 15' GT today! First impressions and mods(hint: supercharger).

Hey guys, My 15' GT came in today!!! Just wanted to post my first impressions and the mods I'm going to do in the new future! And share my excitement!!

Anyways, Its a GT base with PP, Recaro seats, and All weather floor mats. I did not have time to drive it for more than an hour and could only snap a few pictures because when I arrived at the dealer, the sun was already setting. But here are my impressions:

Looks: This was actually the first 2015 I had seen up close in person haha, which might have been a gamble but I didn't mind the way they looked in the pictures. As most people I've read would agree, IT LOOKS WAY SHARPER IN PERSON!! I 'liked' the front end from the pictures, I LOVE it in real life. Especially at night, the front end looks mean! The rear end/tail lights, I don't hate but I liked my 13' GT's tail lights MUCH better. I will be tinting them very soon. My one complaint (thus far) is that about the rear tires, as I'm sure you know Ford widened the rear of the car (which I like a lot) but the rear tires/wheels don't quite fill the wells. Definitely will be getting a larger size once I burn through these.

Ride/performance: Again, keep in mind this is a very very rough *first* impression based on 1 hour of drive time in rush hour traffic. The car felt great around the turns/weaving in and out of traffic, a lot more planted to the road than my 13' Track pack. I could tell an immediate difference as far as the handling goes. I was very pleased and surprised. I now understand why everyone has been abusing the word "refined" when talking about this car. It's just simply the first word that comes to mind when comparing it to the old GT. The power was OK, definitely not disappointing but My last 2 cars were a heavily modded 13' GT and a heavily modded 07' Corvette. So this car (stock) is expected to feel slower. My only complaints: 1.) the transmission, although it shifted and felt MUCH better than my 13', it seemed very loud in the cabin. Every shift was met with a resonating *thump* inside the car it seemed like. I might be exaggerating, and I'm also used to my old vette's Tremec at this point. It wasn't terrible, just odd. Ford could have done a better job with the noise dampening. 2.) IT IS WAYYYYYYY TOO QUIET the exhaust is down right pitiful IMO. But That will be changing VERY soon

Well thats a quick impression! I will be updating the thread with more info and details on my mods for you guys to check out who are still waiting on your orders! Let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to answer!

Future mod list(of parts already purchased):
-Ford Racing Sport Cat-back (black tips)
-LED conversion kit for ALL the remaining halogen lights left on the car both inside and out
-JLT oil separator
-JLT CAI
-Eibach Prokit lowering springs
-VMP 2.3L TVS Supercharger
-VMP duel fan heat exchanger
-Custom VMP tune
-MMR oil pump gear
-MMR lower crank gear
-Rear tail light tint
-Window tint, probably 15%

warranty

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

She's a looker..congrats!

2013 Boss 302
2012 Mustang GT Grabber Blue (sold)
401A, MT82, Brembo, 3.55, HID & Security, Electronics Pkg
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014
Rookie

congrats, looks great and definitely a great car. Even better with those mods.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Congrats, Nice car!

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Congrats on the new 'Stang

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014
Rookie
S197 Member

Have a great time with your new mustang .
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014
PONY Member

Nice write up and congrats!

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks everyone

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014
Rookie

wow that's going to be a monster when you're finished with your mods. Should be sweet, hope all the mods instal/perform easily for you!

11' and 12' Spec Race Atom Series Champion

#351 Team Murricuh' Miata Chump Car

12' LS #491, H&R Race Springs, FRPP BBS Wheels, Short Stubby Side Pipes w/QTP, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Mufflers, 302S Grille, MGW Race Spec, Roush UCA, Fays2, Strano Rear Swaybar, Watson Roll Bar, Bob's LCA's, UMI LCA relo brackets, Koni Yellow's
Apprentice

The car looks great man! everybody loves bringing home a new mustang, especially a brand brand new 5.0! Good luck with the car and future mods and keep up on the forum!mits angreat color�� id love to see kne of these new 5.0s supercharged in persin
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Love the color,I like the OEM Wheels that are on it.your right it should come with wider rear tires.
PONY Member

went to my local dealer started up a gt and youre absolutely right about the exhaust .waaay to quiet . also the gt's are marked up $5000. and a 50 anni is marked up $25000.
Rookie

Exhaust

Are you set on the FRPP exhaust? Im my opinion their not the best sounding out there. MRT used my friends grey 15 GT for the prototype on their design and I think it sounds amazing, you should check them out. I believe their cheaper too.

2001 Mustang GT, MRT Offroad H-pipe, MRT MaxFlow Catback, BBK Cold Air Intake, American muscle FR500's, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw Shifter, MRT Hood Struts, Full length traction bars, Custom tinted tails,
H&R Lowering Springs, UPR Bumpsteer Kit.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Code Blue View Post
Love the color,I like the OEM Wheels that are on it.your right it should come with wider rear tires.
Yeah the wheels look great! Might change them out down the road but right now Im focused on some engine and suspension work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudymrnd View Post
went to my local dealer started up a gt and youre absolutely right about the exhaust .waaay to quiet . also the gt's are marked up $5000. and a 50 anni is marked up $25000.
I know. But its Europe's fault they're so quiet from the factory. That suit case muffler is heavily and ruins the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes281 View Post
Are you set on the FRPP exhaust? Im my opinion their not the best sounding out there. MRT used my friends grey 15 GT for the prototype on their design and I think it sounds amazing, you should check them out. I believe their cheaper too.
I'm not set on FRPP, they were the best In my opinion at the time when I bought them. I ended up getting a great deal on them so I bought them but now that Corsa has come out...I will probably switch. MRT sounds good, but Corsa is better IMO.

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

My exhaust video

Just installed the cat-back system on my GT! Sounds pretty good for a cat back system alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-_Y...vuwos1xrOxCmGw

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page