What is your "out the door price" - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumble View Post
If you take X-Plan pricing and add the NAV, Shaker Audio and Enhanced Security, you get my selling price within about 20 bucks.

Spent 4 hours negotiating the price. Selling price was 36,550 (with the $500 rebate) + sales tax on the difference between my trade which had a LOT of equity + Title and License. OTD was $37,700 (give or take a couple of bucks and some change).

I went on a slow, rainy Saturday when all the salesmen were standing around. I got quotes from 5 different dealers on similarly equipped cars. I picked the car that had been on the lot the longest, and it also had 500 miles (it had been driven from a dealer across the state). MOST of the negotiating was spent on my trade, but I knew there was room.

I finally told the sales manager - "We're just too far apart and it's 3:30 - it's time for beer and playoff football" and then put my coat on - he then went back to his office, came out in about 60 seconds and said "you win." I stuck around 20 more minutes and did the paperwork - and then drove my old car to the bar I was meeting friends at to watch the game. And hour and a half later, the salesman showed up at the venue to deliver the car and pick up my old one.

Sweet deal. Great service. Sam Pack Ford in Carrollton, TX.

Great story......If you do your homework (which takes time) and stand your ground you can get a great deal.

2007 Black Mustang GT Premium Coupe (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlespin View Post
Great story......If you do your homework (which takes time) and stand your ground you can get a great deal.
Here in Texas, it's EASY to determine which car has been on the lot the longest - every car on the lot has to get an inspection sticker as soon as it comes off the truck. You can't test drive a car without it being inspected.... Walk the lot, look for the earliest inspection sticker, tada!

Rookie

Order my on 12/29 GT Premium with track pack and Nav Blk on Blk $42.198.00 otd

2015 Mustang GT Premium 6 Speed P/P
Blackw/Black leather
19" Premium Painted Wheels
3.73 Rear Axel
Tinted Windows

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
You shouldn't pay more then FORD X-Plan pricing if you spend $50 and join the Mustang Club of America.
Do you have a PIN? I'm curious to price out the cost of a build and compare it to the military sales program.
Rookie

Nevermind, I found a way to price it out without joining MCA. The military sales rate is actually better than X-plan by about $150.
Rookie

Ordered a premium gt, performance package, 401A, MSRP 41415 price 38394 plus tax and lisc minus whatever rebate is avail when it comes in, no negotiation have just done previous business with dealer

2015 GT Premium with PP

Last edited by raspadoo; 02-11-2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: add
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspadoo View Post
Ordered a premium gt, performance package, 401A, MSRP 41415 price 38394 plus tax and lisc, no negotiation have just done previous business with dealer

Basically what I got my 2007 for, MSRP out the door.

2007 Black Mustang GT Premium Coupe (SOLD)
PONY Member

Wink Ordered mine for 200 over invoice

I just ordered a Premium GT Vert, MT82, Ruby Red, 401a pkg, 50th pkg, 3:55 gears, Rev. Park pkg and Nav pkg.

Sticker price was 47895.00.
Invoice was 44842.17.
Got the car for 45042.17.

After tax & lic. is added, I will be able to take off the 500.00 Ford incentive and possibly another 750.00 if my brochure comes w/the coupon.

2015 Premium GT Vert/MT82/Ruby Red/401a/50 Yrs pkg/3:55s/Nav/Rev Sensors
Mods: MRT hood struts, MMR reservoir tank, Airaid Intake tube, K&N Filter, 50th shift ball, 50th floor mats, 50th trunk mat, Audison Tweets & Mids, all LEDs, Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub in trunk Future: Bama Tune
Rookie

I got $3,691 off MSRP on my GT Premium. MSRP was $40,805 with options. Sale price was $37,114

out the door was $41,313 (inc. 7.95% sales tax, registration, doc fee, etc.)

My strategy was to search inventory online of all dealers within a 200 mile radius (max distance I was prepared to drive). I wanted a GT Premium with the performance pack and a few other things. Then I contacted the internet sales manager for each dealer that looked promising. Then I played some of them off against each other a little. But to be honest, the one that I went with in the end gave me this price right up front with no games at all. It was Chapman Ford in Scottsdale if anyone is interested (internet guy is Tate Wetzel).

I would be interested to know what kind of deals people got when ordering from the factory. I kind of wanted to do that myself but 1. I am too impatient to wait for the build and 2. I somehow doubt I would get as good a deal. Not sure if that's true though.

cheers
Apprentice

Sticker 41,500 ... GT Premium, 20inch wheels, 401A, enhanced security, 20" foundry black alum wheels, reverse park assist voice-act nav. out the door 37,685.

VERY happy with that.
-- edit to add ---

and this was a 'small town dealer'... population less than 5,000... about 50 miles from my town of 50,000. My town's dealer said "no way i can even come close to that...best
i can do is give you $750 off sticker.. if that guy says he can do that, go for it.." so I did

Last edited by genotex; 04-04-2015 at 12:01 AM. Reason: addition of more info.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
That is very surprising if it was a 2015 Mustang. FORD reimburses the dealers when people use the X-Plan - customer gives special issued number to dealer. It would be very surprising to see a dealer reducing the price that much, by themselves, on a new Mustang. Maybe on a 2014?
My local dealer is already doing 4-6k off 2015 GT Premiums. After the small print, it comes to 3-5k+ off depending how the car is optioned.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Rookie

Sounds as if everyone is getting within a couple hundred bucks of invoice before deducting incentives as they should. I hope you all enjoy your new cars as much as I have mine

2015 GT Premium with PP
Rookie

Got my Guard Green GT with PP for 32 and change out the door.
Rookie

Garage
I got Z plan pricing on my GT Premium...$34k out the door. Stickered for $36K
Rookie

Metallic GT Prem, Vert, 50th, 3.55, rear cam...Out the door with all taxes and everything, including the tire maint package and key replacement package (don't ask!) for $44k

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0405.JPG
Views:	711
Size:	668.5 KB
ID:	429890  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page