What is your "out the door price" - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

What is your "out the door price"

What is everyone paying for your 2015 GT Premium (out the door) price?

2007 Black Mustang GT Premium Coupe (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlespin View Post
You shouldn't pay more then FORD X-Plan pricing if you spend $50 and join the Mustang Club of America.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	2084
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	401937  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014
Apprentice

this is sweet, i thinking about getting myself 2015 gt PP

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014
Rookie

Quote:
I come across dealers taking about $3000 off MSRP looks pretty close to X plan pricing to me.

2014 GT Premium Race Red, black leather, MT-82, 3.55 limited slip, RR sensing/security pkg, comfort package, 19" painted alum wheels, rear video camera.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burttrans View Post
I come across dealers taking about $3000 off MSRP looks pretty close to X plan pricing to me.
That is very surprising if it was a 2015 Mustang. FORD reimburses the dealers when people use the X-Plan - customer gives special issued number to dealer. It would be very surprising to see a dealer reducing the price that much, by themselves, on a new Mustang. Maybe on a 2014?

Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
That is very surprising if it was a 2015 Mustang. FORD reimburses the dealers when people use the X-Plan - customer gives special issued number to dealer. It would be very surprising to see a dealer reducing the price that much, by themselves, on a new Mustang. Maybe on a 2014?
My local dealer only wanted to give about $1500 off MSRP on the GT I drove it just had performance package and recaro seats listed for $37,015. I seached on autotrader and found several dealers in 200 mile radius that are give about $3000 off the new 2015. I talked to them on phone but I think I decided to look for a 2013-2014 Mustang and save some money over new one.

2014 GT Premium Race Red, black leather, MT-82, 3.55 limited slip, RR sensing/security pkg, comfort package, 19" painted alum wheels, rear video camera.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014
Apprentice

Surprised they're taking much of at all with the popularity. A friend of mine AL just got 10k off a new 2014 left on the lot. Glad he got a good deal, but kills the resale value for the rest of us.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrful4 View Post
Surprised they're taking much of at all with the popularity. A friend of mine AL just got 10k off a new 2014 left on the lot. Glad he got a good deal, but kills the resale value for the rest of us.
There is very little 2014 inventory left on lots - none in many dealers. So that won't have much, if any, effect of used car sale prices in the future.

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015
PONY Member

Quote:
You shouldn't pay more then FORD X-Plan pricing if you spend $50 and join the Mustang Club of America.
Really you can get x-plan pricing just for joining mustang club of America or did I read that wrong?
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vschaos View Post
Really you can get x-plan pricing just for joining mustang club of America or did I read that wrong?
That is correct. Their membership includes access to X-Plan pricing.

http://www.mustang.org/content.php/1...MCA-Membership

Why you should join The Mustang Club of America:
  • The Mustang Club of America is the largest organization of Mustang enthusiasts in the World. The camaraderie of fellow MCA members is legendary. Wherever you travel you will find MCA members that are willing to help with assistance, advice and/or comradeship.
  • The MCA Board of Directors has adopted a Commitment Statement of support for all members of the club regardless of the Mustang they own or the level of involvement in the hobby.
  • Members receive 12 issues of the Mustang Times, the official club publication. This colorful magazine features National and Regional club news, a listing of Mustang shows and activities, feature articles on Mustangs of all years, and technical articles and columns. Members may submit photos and articles for possible publication as cover or feature cars.
  • Members receive free classified advertisements in Mustang Times, and on the MCA website. (Please only submit non-business ads at this time.)
  • The Mustang Club of America has a Members-Only section on this web site with club news and features. As a member, you are entitled to a free link to your site on the MCA web site (conditions apply). The website also contains club information and a comprehensive listing of Mustang events throughout the world.
  • Members receive two (2) Mustang Club of America windshield decals.
  • Members receive members-only discounts, including Ford X-Plan pricing on new Ford vehicles

PONY Member

Quote:
That is correct. Their membership includes access to X-Plan pricing.

Mustang Club of America - Benefits of MCA Membership

Why you should join The Mustang Club of America:
  • The Mustang Club of America is the largest organization of Mustang enthusiasts in the World. The camaraderie of fellow MCA members is legendary. Wherever you travel you will find MCA members that are willing to help with assistance, advice and/or comradeship.
  • The MCA Board of Directors has adopted a Commitment Statement of support for all members of the club regardless of the Mustang they own or the level of involvement in the hobby.
  • Members receive 12 issues of the Mustang Times, the official club publication. This colorful magazine features National and Regional club news, a listing of Mustang shows and activities, feature articles on Mustangs of all years, and technical articles and columns. Members may submit photos and articles for possible publication as cover or feature cars.
  • Members receive free classified advertisements in Mustang Times, and on the MCA website. (Please only submit non-business ads at this time.)
  • The Mustang Club of America has a Members-Only section on this web site with club news and features. As a member, you are entitled to a free link to your site on the MCA web site (conditions apply). The website also contains club information and a comprehensive listing of Mustang events throughout the world.
  • Members receive two (2) Mustang Club of America windshield decals.
  • Members receive members-only discounts, including Ford X-Plan pricing on new Ford vehicles
Nice and thank you for the link! I just subscribed!
Rookie

2015 GT Premium, 401A, NAV, security.
MSRP 40,205.
OTD (with TTL) - $37,700.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumble View Post
MSRP 40,205.
Did you use X-Plan, or did the dealer just discount the car?

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

MSRP 40,205.

Quote:
Did you use X-Plan, or did the dealer just discount the car?

This looks way better then the X-Plan price......if true.....

2007 Black Mustang GT Premium Coupe (SOLD)
Rookie

Quote:
MSRP 40,205.

This looks way better then the X-Plan price......if true.....

If you take X-Plan pricing and add the NAV, Shaker Audio and Enhanced Security, you get my selling price within about 20 bucks.

Spent 4 hours negotiating the price. Selling price was 36,550 (with the $500 rebate) + sales tax on the difference between my trade which had a LOT of equity + Title and License. OTD was $37,700 (give or take a couple of bucks and some change).

I went on a slow, rainy Saturday when all the salesmen were standing around. I got quotes from 5 different dealers on similarly equipped cars. I picked the car that had been on the lot the longest, and it also had 500 miles (it had been driven from a dealer across the state). MOST of the negotiating was spent on my trade, but I knew there was room.

I finally told the sales manager - "We're just too far apart and it's 3:30 - it's time for beer and playoff football" and then put my coat on - he then went back to his office, came out in about 60 seconds and said "you win." I stuck around 20 more minutes and did the paperwork - and then drove my old car to the bar I was meeting friends at to watch the game. And hour and a half later, the salesman showed up at the venue to deliver the car and pick up my old one.

Sweet deal. Great service. Sam Pack Ford in Carrollton, TX.

Last edited by grumble; 01-16-2015 at 09:08 AM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page