2015 Mustang sub-standard fit and finish. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member

Garage
I'm not convinced the prior post is legit.

Joetir - You just took delivery of your car? How long ago? How many miles do you have on it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I purchased a 2015 GT 50th anniversary. I have owned it for 3 weeks - no issues with fit and finish, so I wouldn't be condemning Ford for a 1 off. Could have happened in transport.

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
Rookie

I signed up just to comment on this thread. I just purchased a 2015 Mustang GT convertible and the body panel fitment is horrendous. I haven't bought a new car in a long time and I've never spent this much money on one and I am not happy!

1.The bottom rear of the drivers door sticks out at the bottom. Not even close to matching the curve on the passenger side drivers door.
2. The rear edge of the trunk is not straight. The gap gets wider from right to left and increases greatly on the last inch or so.
3. There is a defect in the paint bellow the driver side mirror.
4. The rear bottom spoiler does not line up with the fender. I actually believe a clip is broke or missing.

I've owned the car for one month and I will be taking it back to the dealer when I get a chance, but I know from past experience with dealers and manufacture representatives, that I am screwed. Other than the clip on the rear spoiler, I will send emails, make phone calls, waste a lot of my time and nothing will happen.

I will follow up with pictures when I get home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page