LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Ordered 1-21 just received delivery date of 3-16

2015 GT Premium with PP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Now in Transit. moved my delivery date from March 2 to Feb 26th! One week from Thursday.

Hopefully the snow and ice is gone so I can take her out.

Rookie

I cannot think that the order for my Mustang would be that unusual to take so long. Ordered 12/27/14. Last week got word that the factory had "pulled" my order but still remains unscheduled as of last Tuesday. On Wednesday I heard that the sales manager at the dealership had asked if there could be some priority given to the order (replaces a 2014 which was totaled--other party 100% at fault). Is an orange Ecoboost Premium convertible that unusual?

Glad to hear that at least some orders are coming through.

Last edited by Kenneth T; 02-21-2015 at 09:50 PM. Reason: forgot comment

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Kenneth T - Does seem odd regarding your order. I ordered mine on 12/23 and supposed to get a call this afternoon to go pick it up. Delivery date is supposed to be today according to the website. The delivery date was taken off the website this morning but says still in transit. I assume it was removed because it is to be delivered today. Hope yours gets sorted out. Your's should have been built by now!
Rookie

TTownfun,
Thanks for the comments. I have been relying on info from the dealer but apparently you have been able to track the progress of your car directly. Dare I ask where?
Hope your car came in.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspadoo View Post
Ordered 1-21 just received delivery date of 3-16
Just bumped up from 3-16 to 3-10

2015 GT Premium with PP

Last edited by raspadoo; 02-25-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: sp
Rookie

Just got a date: week of March 16. Dealer did not say if this build or delivery date for an Ecoboost premium convertible ordered 12/27. The delay is probably because it is orange.

Confirmed: Build date is week of March 16. That is 11 weeks from the time the order was placed!

Last edited by Kenneth T; 02-26-2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: added comment
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mine was delivered on 2/26. Everything clean and in order. Had windows tinted on Wednesday and now parked in the garage waiting for good weather to take her out for more than just around town. All smiles in TTown! I will post pics as soon as i can get it out in the sun and take a few.

Black on Black, 20" wheels, GT Premium, no spoiler, tinted windows.
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Kenneth T - I assume you are already viewing this site where you can track your cars progress. you have to have the VIN, or if not available yet you need the order number from your dealer and the Dealer's code. Dealer will provide this to you.

www.cotus.ford.com
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspadoo View Post
Just bumped up from 3-16 to 3-10
Came today, out of the blue

2015 GT Premium with PP
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Nice! They typically come earlier than the predicted delivery date.
Show some pics of her when you have them.
Rookie

My is still sitting in the lot in flat rock built first week in feb ???????WTF

2015 Mustang GT Premium 6 Speed P/P
Blackw/Black leather
19" Premium Painted Wheels
3.73 Rear Axel
Tinted Windows
Rookie

Rhood -- Could be a thing we have here in the mid-West: snow. My son't 50th Anniv ed sitting in my garage "until the snow goes out of the mountains" so he can drive it to Santa Monica.
-----------
I now have my VIN and a website version of what the Ecoboost premium looks like.

Last edited by Kenneth T; 03-03-2015 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Didn't get the photo uploaded.
Rookie

I ordered mine in mid December. Car was built February 2nd.
Scheduled to be delivered February 14th. Car never showed up and nobody can tell me where it is. I contacted ford and they tell me it is in transit and that is the only info they have. I asked them if it is normal for a car to take 3 weeks to travel 140 miles. That is the distance my dealer is from the factory. I didn't get a response to that question.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeeut View Post
I ordered mine in mid December. Car was built February 2nd.
Scheduled to be delivered February 14th. Car never showed up and nobody can tell me where it is. I contacted ford and they tell me it is in transit and that is the only info they have. I asked them if it is normal for a car to take 3 weeks to travel 140 miles. That is the distance my dealer is from the factory. I didn't get a response to that question.
More than likely it's sitting in a parking lot at Flat Rock because of an issue with QC. Back in 2010, Ramp 51 became almost ubiquitous with ordered Mustangs. I was ready to cancel and reorder mine when they finally got off their arse and shipped it.

I swore I'd never order another Ford again and just buy it off the lot. And last week... I ordered a new Mustang. I either never learn or my long term memory is going. Lightning can't strike twice in the same spot, right? Right? RIGHT?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page