2015 GT order to build time? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Yesterday COTUS.ford.com said my orange cconvertible Ecoboost premium was still in Order Processing with no build date but a newly posted delivery date of April 10, 33 days away. When one considers the order was placed December 27 it is taking a l-o-n-g time. That was on my iPad. Shouldn't have even bothered but today looked on by desktop and the website could not find the order (tried the iPad and couldn't find it there either). 104 days to build and deliver a car? Hope they move it up a bit (3-4 weeks would be OK).
Ken

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I was told by Ford today that there is a quality control issue with this lot of 2015 Mustang no ETA on delivery. Car is on hold. Just called my dealer and they just got one in exactly what I ordered how funny is that? This waiting suck I and was the one who had to find out about the issues.

2015 Mustang GT Premium 6 Speed P/P
Blackw/Black leather
19" Premium Painted Wheels
3.73 Rear Axel
Tinted Windows

Last edited by Rhood; 03-09-2015 at 09:55 PM.
PONY Member

Wink Patience is called for when ordering a Mustang for sure

I had to wait 4 months when I ordered my 2012 back in May of 2011. Some damn Tsunami hit and wiped out the plant that made the Red Candy pigment in Japan.

Hey, Deysha or anyone who is still out there from Ford (been a long time since I was on the boards), any word on how long I have to order a 2015 before they shut down to prep for 2016's? I need a little more time to sell my car & break the news to my credit union.

2015 Premium GT Vert/MT82/Ruby Red/401a/50 Yrs pkg/3:55s/Nav/Rev Sensors
Mods: MRT hood struts, MMR reservoir tank, Airaid Intake tube, K&N Filter, 50th shift ball, 50th floor mats, 50th trunk mat, Audison Tweets & Mids, all LEDs, Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub in trunk Future: Bama Tune

Rookie

Today is Order day +74 and I was able to download the window sticker today. Delivery day still listed as 4/10/15. It was over 50 degrees in North Iowa today! Getting to be time for a convertible.
Rookie

I am in the same boat as you Kenneth T but it will be in the 90 here ...........

Blackw/Black leather
3.73 Rear Axel
Tinted Windows
PONY Member

How successful were you negotiating price?

How successful were any of you negotiating a price for your cars? I haven't ordered mine yet, maybe this weekend, but not sure what kind of discount to expect off of MSRP

Mods: MRT hood struts, MMR reservoir tank, Airaid Intake tube, K&N Filter, 50th shift ball, 50th floor mats, 50th trunk mat, Audison Tweets & Mids, all LEDs, Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub in trunk Future: Bama Tune
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripleshot McC View Post
How successful were any of you negotiating a price for your cars? I haven't ordered mine yet, maybe this weekend, but not sure what kind of discount to expect off of MSRP
VERY SUCCESSFUL!

MRSP on mine was 38,315 + tax, tags, title, destination, and doc fees.

I got it for < $35k out the door (no trade). If I can get a $750 coupon or the standard cash back gets better... well the deal will get better.
PONY Member

Cool Out the Door!?

Corvettedreamin, 35K out the door, that's 3k off msrp plus all the tax & lic. crap! Wow, that gives me hope. My car will msrp at just over 47k so I should be looking at below 42K or there abouts. Thanks for the encouragement.

Now, i need to see about selling my 2012. First, need to see how long it's gonna take to get my new one delivered. I sold my 2000 in 2011 about 2 months before the 2012 came...that sucked!

Rookie

days to delivery3

Blackw/Black leather
3.73 Rear Axel
Tinted Windows
PONY Member

Ordered mine!

OK, I ordered mine. I won't have an order number for a couple of days though, ordered on a Sat.

Ordered a Premium GT Vert, Ruby Red, MT82, 401A pkg, 50th pkg, 3.55 gears, Nav and backup sensors. My dealer gave me the car at 200 over invoice, which seemed like a good deal to me. I still get to take off the 500.00 Ford incentive and ordered the brochure. May still get another 750.0 off if it comes w/a coupon.

What numbers do I need again to give to Deysha for taking? And, what are the timelines you guys have been seeing? Time to VIN, Window Sticker, build date & delivery? They said 8-12 weeks to delivery. What say you?

post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Tripleshot McC - I received mine in 9 weeks - order date to delivery date.

Here are Pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	422034   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	600.1 KB
ID:	422042   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	422050   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	422058  
PONY Member

Awesome looking Stang

TTown, that is one fine looking Stang.
What are your specs? Looks like a PP to me!
And thanks for the info on timing. I am hopeful mine will be similar to yours. 9 weeks is not that bad.

Rookie

Last night my convertible was listed as "In Production" with no build date. This morning it was "Awaiting Shipment." Tonight that vehicle cannot be found--maybe tomorrow it will be in shipment. YES!
PONY Member

TTown, looks like they are picking up speed. Mine got scheduled & a VIN today. ETA 5/7 would be just over 7 weeks!

post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Sweet Tripleshot! They will usually beat the ETA by a week or so. Try and be patient.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page