2015 Mustang GT - Looking for Exhaust - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I am torn between corsa and magnaflow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I installed the Flowmaster Delta Flow Super 44s with the resonator still on and it sounds perfect, not too loud, but much louder then stock, gives you the V8 gargle, i love it, cost me 450 installed with 2 (4) inch tips.

Rookie
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoySD View Post
hey there!

New to the forum.

Just got a 2015 Mustang GT and I'm looking to put an exhaust on it.

I was looking around through a couple of different options (Ford Racing, Magnaflow, Roush) and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions or preferences!
The exhaust I have is dealership installed, and it sounds really nice, it establishes a V8 presence while not killing your ears in 5th and 6th gear. I've never heard of the brand before so I was a bit skeptical, however I couldn't have been happier. Look into Bassani exhaust. Its loud in all the right ways, and has opened up even more since I just hit 6k miles on my car and I absolutely love it.

Rookie

Magnaflow Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumble View Post
I have a Magnaflow Competition Catback in the box patiently waiting for me to put it on her. I have had Magnaflow Streets on my last two Stangs and thought I'd go "beastly" on the new magnetic 2015. Hopefully it'll get installed this weekend.
I wonder if you could comment on drone if any? I am in the process of ordering the same for my 2015 Magnetic GT, but have read where some are having an issue with drone.

Thanks,

Mike
Rookie

I have MBRP race cat back, love it!! I get compliments on the sound all the time! For the price, ( almost half the price of most other brand cat backs ) and the sound, best exhaust in my book!
Rookie
S197 Member

Any body going cat back Ford Racing Touring addition, and is there any good quality clips too show there sound.?.......
Rookie
Classic Member

Welcome Pony, what's your budget, and what are you looking to achieve? My 2016 GT is still on order, and while waiting for mine to arrive, I have been piecing together all the must have parts; the easiest decisions for me was the exhaust. I was lucky enough to go to SEMA this year, and I heard a Mustang with a Gibson Performance cat-back; it was awesome... It was actually what gave me the itch to order my Mustang. Anyway, the Gibson cat-back is a full 3 inch stainless steel, chambered exhaust that won't break the bank. I bought mine on Amazon for $754.
Rookie

Garage
I am using Roush Axle Backs and X pipe... great sound and outside and in, not overly loud with windows up but.......definitely happy with the tones!!
Rookie

Hi guys just comparing new exhausts for my gt .looking at the mbrp cat back vs roush axle back.love the deep sound not raspy.
Rookie

Thinking about mbrp were it is Bolton and easier.and comparing the street and race versions hard to tell on you tube.
PONY Member

Garage
I just had the Magnaflow Competition Catbacks installed on my 2016 PP. The low rpm drone is killing me. If I lug the car at all while at highway speed I can't stand it. I shouldn't have to vary the throttle to kill the horrible drone. I'm thinking I should have went with the street Catbacks. I'm taking my pony to the muffler shop Monday in hopes they can help. If anyone has any ideas on how I can get rid of the drone, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
PONY Member

Garage
I switched to the Magnaflow Street Catbacks. I'm very pleased with the result. Now I can drive my car like I want to without that awful drone.

2016 GT Premium Coupe|Equipment Group 401A|GT Performance Package
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswolf63 View Post
I switched to the Magnaflow Street Catbacks. I'm very pleased with the result. Now I can drive my car like I want to without that awful drone.
^^^+10^^^
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey Pony,

Congrats on your purchase!

How are you liking your new S550?

Personally, I am a huge fan of the Magnaflow Competition Axle-Back for these cars.

They look great and sound even better!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

- Will
I have magnaflow competition axlebacks of my 2015 and they sound good but they are loud. Kinda of annoying on long trips because they are so loud. Don't let anyone fool you this is a loud system.

Preacherman
Rookie

What's the best exhaust for 2015 GT base model?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page