2015 Shelby GT350R - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015 Thread Starter
GT Member

2016 Shelby GT350R

Ford Mustang GT350R adds a lot more than just a new letter [w/videos]

Last edited by gt1120; 01-13-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015
BOSS Member

BRC

"Boy Ricer Crap"

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
BRC

"Boy Ricer Crap"
Wow, really? Let me guess... rear spoiler? Front splitter and air vents? If you are a mustang fan and dont like what this car is capable of and the looks are part of why its capable, then you need to go play elsewhere.

The GT350R is going to beat just about anything on the track, and its going to do it while being able to drive it every day. The Aero Kit, including the rear spoiler, creates this little thing called down force that racers really like. Do I like the looks.... nope, but its there for a reason as is every other item on the car. It is 500lbs lighter than a standard GT, has around 100HP more than a GT, has more Aero assistance, has some really sticky tires, and its going to destroy the Z28 and who knows maybe the new vette as well.

And you think its crap.... obviously you have issues.

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegabrielles View Post
Wow, really? Let me guess... rear spoiler? Front splitter and air vents? If you are a mustang fan and dont like what this car is capable of and the looks are part of why its capable, then you need to go play elsewhere.

The GT350R is going to beat just about anything on the track, and its going to do it while being able to drive it every day. The Aero Kit, including the rear spoiler, creates this little thing called down force that racers really like. Do I like the looks.... nope, but its there for a reason as is every other item on the car. It is 500lbs lighter than a standard GT, has around 100HP more than a GT, has more Aero assistance, has some really sticky tires, and its going to destroy the Z28 and who knows maybe the new vette as well.

And you think its crap.... obviously you have issues.
I think you're taking a person's opinion a little personal. There are a few generations of mustangs and all aren't going to be fans of every one of them. I don't particularly care for this body style as much as the last but there are aspects of the car that are cool. To each their own.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015
PONY Member
5.0L Member

It's functional and typical to how Ford designs their Shelby models with styling slightly overstated highlighted with bold accents.

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015
RandomForumGuy

Really diggin the recaros! Hopefully they are different pictures and the accent colors match the car and vise versa, i like everything but the spoiler. Just a little to agressive for me but awesome car non the less.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
I think you're taking a person's opinion a little personal. There are a few generations of mustangs and all aren't going to be fans of every one of them. I don't particularly care for this body style as much as the last but there are aspects of the car that are cool. To each their own.
Not taking it personally, just think "Boy Ricer Crap" is a little harsh for a mustang guy to say about the best performing mustang ever built. The Mustang is no linger about how fast you can go in a straight line. I have had about every mustang style you could want and Loved them all. There has been more than one I thought looked bad, or had parts on it I dont like (including the one I drive daily) but we should be appreciating the mustang for what is is, not getting stuck on what we think it should be. The greatest thing about the Mustang is how easy it is to make it unique to you, but if you don't like what someone else has done with theirs... its not crap, its just not for you. Ford has stepped up the performance game, big time, and this GT350R is the pinnacle of that game. Just because you don't like the looks does not make it crap, especially ""boy ricer crap"... of course those boy ricer crap cars have been kicking out butt on the road courses for years.... maybe we finally got something for them!

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015
BOSS Member

Well, I used to road race the pony cars in the 70's.........and compared to today's Calloway Camero or Corvette to whom this GT350R is competing against...yeah, from a visual street legal race car, yeah, it's got a little too much "Boy Toy Racer" styling......

ie..."BTC"

Ya know, the people who think they have 600 hp or if they really do, couldn't drive a 600 hp car if they tried.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015
PONY Member

If it serves a purpose it isn't rice, or Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. That spoiler is definitely a little fugly looking on the mustang, but hey, it has a job and probably keeps you from putting that expensive thing into a barrier. I'm sure some lunatic will put a blower on one of those and it will need all the help it can get at that point.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I also do not like the look of that rear spoiler. The rest of the package is fine, the interior is stunning...
FORD could have created a spoiler for this model that offered track adjustments, both hight and pitch could have been incorporated into the design,to adjust for + - downforce, no different that suspension adjustment ( camber).
Overall, great looking ride tho, and yes this IS my opinion, not a bash!
This is really no different than Tom hates green, Paul hates blue and so on... the rule is: get what turns you on... when you post a pic of ANY ride, expecting positive as well as negative reviews is quite normal, thank god for freedom of expression!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
GT Member

I figured there be "R" version of GT350 we all knew they would just when. Think Z28 better run and hide but will have to wait see that happen. Did you see other vehicles to like Ford GT40 super car and new Raptor using V6 eco boost
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The " boy ricer edition" just blew the doors off the Z28 and the porche 911 at the ring... (post in discussion)

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Looks don't matter when you are spanking stuff that cost 4 times what your rides does.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page