Brand New 2015 Mustang GT - Bad Transmission and Paint at 244 miles! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Brand New 2015 Mustang GT - Bad Transmission and Paint at 244 miles!

Please help me! Full Details:

I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 (with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (link in Youtube video below).

So I took it to a local Ford dealership, Bozard Ford, after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the Ford service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below. The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair.

So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care.

Two other people have driven it and confirmed my concern so far.

Does anyone know what would cause this really poor shift quality? What type of condition? What should I do?

Terrible Paint Repair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pairY8em0OY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Update

Update 2/20: I've spoke to the service manager, GM, and Ford several times. And, I have been offered a rebuilt transmission (since my brand new Mustang is under warranty). Does anyone have experience with rebuilds?

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

They should fix the car. I don`t know where they would get a rebuilt tranny for a `15 model year, unless they were to adapt an older MT-82 to fit. I would not be happy about that.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015
Apprentice

That paint repair is absolutely disgusting. They owe you a repainted door and fender, nothing less.

As for your transmission, I'm not sure. Perhaps contact Deysha?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ultimate horror story, it's what nightmares are made off! Sorry to hear about this happening to your brand new 2015 Mustang man.... Repair it????? are these guys kiddin, cause if they are, it's one hell of a bad joke, as for a rebuilt trans..... unacceptable on all counts,My advice for what's it's worth:
STOP driving that car, park it so you do not increase any miliage,Docoument everything in writing down to names, events, dates and time..... get in touch with a lawyer and INSIST the dealership buys it back from you without ANY depreciation what so ever!... make sure you record car's vin number so there's no bait and switch..... paint you will get from ANY body shop is NOT going to be a factory paint... As for a rebuilt trans for a 2015??? not till hell freezes over... selling dealer can buy you back and get you an unblemished NEW factory 2015 mustang replacement, this is complete ********... one last thing: continue making payments on said car, but direct ALL payments IN TRUST to your lawyer,so technecially you are still making payments,does NOT mess with your credit, but the dealer cannot get their dirty hands on the funds at all because they are held in trust till this is RESOLVED to your full satisfaction, nothing less!
Best of luck man!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

One other point I'd like to add for your consideration: I Can almost guarantee you that misaligned door is not coming like that from the factory, there was damage to that panel/door and someone (without full disclosure to you, the buyer) attempted to repair it and pass it on to you... if the dealership had received that car from factory damaged, those concerns would have been addressed immediately during delivery to both the company delivering the merchandise and the factory!
Seems the dealership somehow caused that damage, which appears logical why they would NOT apply a claim against the shipping company OR Ford!
Your issue with this car and all corresponding legal matters in this regard should be directed to the selling dealer by ANY competent lawyer.... Also, lawyer will go after them for all fees and disbursements,so they would want to iron this out ASAP rather than let this expense ballon out of control .... in my mind, this goes well beyond small claims court, because of the FULL amount of purchase for this auto.
I'm not a lawyer, but have been in this position many times and have always acted in good faith to protect MY clients that have put their trust in my handling THEIR merchandise.
If we, ( my company) caused ANY damages, I will apply a claim to MY insurance for full coverage, if damages are caused by others, shipping co, manufacturer, quality control ect) I will deal with the party in question myself... as a matter of fairness to all concerned, all material that comes through our doors is subjected to a FULL and through quality check,as it arrives,then and only then will we sign off on receiving goods in good condition.
Just offering you food for thought!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I don`t think the correct way to deal with the money angle is to send the payments to some lawyer in trust. I don`t know how it is up in Canada, but in my area, once you sign the papers, the title of the vehicle is assigned to Ford Credit or whichever bank, credit union, finance company ect. that advanced you the money. They could care less if the car caught fire on the way home from the showroom. You have to keep making the payments to them as agreed to keep your credit intact

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

"In trust" indicates,in a court of law that the loan is in fact STILL being paid in a timely fashion... the lawyer is holding the flow till a judge orders the funds to be released, usually after a case is heard....this also creates additional pressures on the dealership "to resolve the matter" to the satisfaction of parties involved.
This move stops ANY legal action against the individual, by the lean holder ( bank)..... it's a known used practice up here kenv.... which is why he should meet with a lawyer for advice,law is complex, contractual law is even more confusing.
This practice may or may not be an option in the state he lives in, again why he should discuss the case with a lawyer.

The rest is all FORD
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015
Apprentice

WOW! Good luck and no way I would let them put in a rebuilt tranny in a new car !!!
PONY Member

I'll bet one of the tech's went and beat on it while they had it. They all do man...
Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15mustang View Post
Update 2/20: I've spoke to the service manager, GM, and Ford several times. And, I have been offered a rebuilt transmission (since my brand new Mustang is under warranty). Does anyone have experience with rebuilds?
I've searched and found two dealers in your area. Both said that a rebuilt transmission is not acceptable.

Please state the dealership and GM so I can call them.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
PONY Member

No way you get a used tranny in a new ford, That dealer is hiding something trying to cut corners. The fender i suspect was tapped before you goy it. They shift real easy. Go around and check the fit of the whole front and more then likley the bumper is out too. But I'm afraid that is a coin flip as once the car goes off the lot who's to say who did it. But no way do you accept anything but a brand new tranny. Contact the ford rep on this site. Shes pretty good at cutting through the BS.

1987 5.0 LX ( sold in 92)
2011 GT/CS Convertible .Electronics package,
Security package,HID headlights,comfort package
PONY Member

I agree that the fender sounds like damage at the dealership and wasn't disclosed to you upfront.

I think everyone is mistaken on the "rebuilt transmission" statement. I don't think the dealer wants to put a rebuilt transmission. What he means is to rebuild the one he already has. Probably faster to rebuild his than try to get a new one from FORD. I agree I don't like this option either but this is what they do all the time.

I had a brand new 91 Accord and the stock fancy Alpine cassette player went out after 3 months of ownership and Honda could only offer me a refurbished radio/cassette player. On a brand new car! That really pissed me off. Never bought another Honda after that!
Rookie
S197 Member

Results?

2007 Black Mustang GT Premium Coupe (SOLD)
Apprentice

Wow I would be POed too if this happened to me. Talking about dealership crapola I was taking my Mustang to our local dealership for oil changes and the last time I took it there (about a year ago) they put a big scratch/gouge on the lower part of the plastic bumper and never said a word to me about it. It looked as if someone ran a floor jack or something into it. I did not notice the scratch until I stopped for gas on the way home. I made up my mind then and there I would not use a dealership again for work/maint i can do myself.

2010 V6 Convertible, Grabber Blue, Premium Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page