Mustang 2015 Fastback V6 OR Fastback EcoBoost - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mustang 2015 Fastback V6 OR Fastback EcoBoost

Mustang is my dream car. I got two quotas from dealers last week. One is for Fastback V6 $22200, the other is fastback ecoboost $23600. I saw some shared prices by others in autopriceshare are lower than mine. However, I think it is a fair price for me and dealers both. I compared the options difference between these two models and read some reviews about 2015 Mustang. However, I believe that the opinions from current Mustang owners are more valuable, Could any friends here give me some suggestions, V6 or EcoBoost?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015
Apprentice

I test drove the V6, the premium ecoboost, and the premium V8. I ended up getting the V8 but my second choice was the ecoboost. On the test drive when i pushed the limits of the ecoboost it responded well. My work travel car is a 2013 Taurus with the ecoboost in town the mileage sucks but on the highway I am amazed at the 33mpg it gets.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015
BOSS Member

Garage
You will find a lotof bias between the V6 and Ecoboost on this forum. Take it with a grain of salt. Have you driven either? If not, drive them both and form your own opinion.
s550menace likes this.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015
Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
You will find a lotof bias between the V6 and Ecoboost on this forum. Take it with a grain of salt. Have you driven either? If not, drive them both and form your own opinion.
Get the V/8 and you won't be ashamed when you crank it.
s550menace likes this.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 501 View Post
Get the V/8 and you won't be ashamed when you crank it.
He's not asking about the V8...
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015
PONY Member

"Get the V8".

Ecoboost + tune = 12.6 second quarter mile

5.0 + tune = 12.7 second quarter mile

So you guys are saying he should pay $7,000 more money for a slower car?

The advice on this forum is comical sometimes.

He asked about the I-4 vs the V-6. I haven't driven the I-4 yet but I personally would go with it because A) EcoBoost is clearly the future for Ford and B) there will be more power to be gained for the same $$$ with future mods.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015
PONY Member

So it's all about sound?

So would you buy a 15.6 second quarter mile car as long as it sounded like a V8?

I guess it all comes down to what is important to the buyer. My 3 valve would probably lose to ANY 2015 Mustang LOL but if I was going to buy a 2015 I'd give the EcoBoost a hard look. Fast, fuel efficient, and way more potential to add power than a V6 or V8.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 501 View Post
I suppose if you modify the ECO it may stay with a stock V/8 but the sound will make you sick while you're doing it. V/8 or stay on the porch.........
what if he doesn't care about the v8 burble? don't be a yahoo.

for me it wasn't enough of an incentive to get the v8 either. i can barely control my v6 on the road.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015
PONY Member

I have a Boss in the garage so the sound of my new EcoBoost is not a problem : ) I'm not doing any axle backs for this reason - maybe a downpipe, but the EB is not the best sounding engine.

I highly recommend the EB with the PP. I found one for $25,600. I also added a Cobb Stage 1 93 Tune which reeeeellllly... wakes the EB up. The EB is not a high-revving motor, but with the extra 80+foot lbs with the tune, the car pulls like a freight train from 2k-5,500k. I just put my foot in the middle of the pedal (Auto) and shift at 6K and the boost is 20lbs all the way up to 130.

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
Apprentice

I considered the 2 and got the V6 myself. The ecoboost has about 10 more HP stock and I think its 40 pds of torque more and with a tune you can get a lot more, but thats also about max without upgrading the turbo. But youve also got a 340hp car getting about 28mpg. There are less mods out there for the V6 since the companies are pushing the Ecoboost. But even with all that, I just wanted the V6. A little less to worry about under the hood and if I decide to put a blower of some type on there, Im over 400hp. But I also only get about 22-23 MPG on my car with a good bit of country driving and a little city driving.

2015 Mustang V6. The 'Go' came from the factory. Working on the 'Show' part.
Concert Photographer for NashvilleBeats.net
PONY Member

Garage
I think tons of people should buy the Ecoboost cars, so Ford can meet the CAFE standards and still make V8's for the rest of us!

Having said that, I would consider one. It's funny, because folks have no problem slapping a turbo or procharger on a V8. Why all the hate for the 2.3L turbo other than sound? It's just another option for buyers that care about fuel efficiency and things like that.
Gatorstang23 likes this.

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia
PONY Member

There is not enough difference in price between the two to really matter. Do you like 4cyls., then maybe the EB. It should get better gas mileage than the V6, but stock there's probably not a lot of difference in power. With the V6 you can get some axle backs and a cai, which will sound fairly good and a less complicated engine. A lot of people have older V6's and are very happy with them, but the new 3.7 is a whole different level than the 4.0. If your just wanting a stang the V6 will sound more like one than the EB. If your going to get a tune than the EB is good. You really need to decide what a Mustang is to you and which model matches that best. People can give you their opinions, but it's your opinion of what it should be like to drive a Mustang that matters.
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I ordered a V6. I don't plan one making a lot of mods, I've been there done that, The V6's can run on 87 octane and I know guys with 3.7 autos turning 14.0's with 2.73 gears and a chip. I did order the 3.55 rear end.

Paul J.
91 GT Hatch P1SC, AFR, etc. owned since new
94GT Convert Automatic, 30K Miles
2009 Sable Premier
2007 Ram 1500 Sport
1957 Fairlane 500 HT E Code, dual quads.
Rookie

I grew up through the 70s surrounded by mustangs, camaros, cudas, roadrunners, super bees, and a few cobras (cousin still restores mustangs/cobras). I worked on drag cars, roundy-round cars, and off-road vehicles. I know all of the sounds of the V8.
But even if I was deaf, I would still be able to determine that the smile on my face in punching the skinny pedal wasn't the sound, it was the G's being pulled that shoved me into the seat. The ECO-boost puts that smile on my face, bone stock.
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I think the V6 and Ecoboost are about the same in performance as delivered, 300 vs 310 HP. I guess the Ecoboost can be modified to develop
more HP than a V6 or even a stock GT. It doesn't take much to get a 3.7 V6 into the 13's, I'll find out.
Paul

Paul J.
91 GT Hatch P1SC, AFR, etc. owned since new
94GT Convert Automatic, 30K Miles
2009 Sable Premier
2007 Ram 1500 Sport
1957 Fairlane 500 HT E Code, dual quads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page