Flowmasters outlaw? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Flowmasters outlaw?

So I have installed Flowmasters outlaws cat back. .but it's definitely loud enough however it's not the type of raspy I expected. It sounds cracky imo..is it that scavenger series x pipe or what? I'm not expecting deep by no means. But I didn't want a truck sound which is what I think of in WOT. Thoughts? Should I try and alternate x pipe. Note I'm still using stock cats. The exhaust starts 11in from stock cat..soo flex pipes are eliminated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015
Rookie

If you want less raspy, consider the H pipe. It gives a deeper tone to the exhaust.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Garage
That's why I just put the resonator back in. An H or X pipe on these is going to be crackly. I was told that moving the mufflers under the car like older models would help this a lot but I'm not going to try that just yet.

2015 50th Anniversary Deep Impact Blue

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to AFM!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhameister View Post
If you want less raspy, consider the H pipe. It gives a deeper tone to the exhaust.
I agree. Replace the x-pipe with an H-pipe. It will definitely be a deeper tone with less rasp and pops.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015
Rookie

I have this Exact set up. the Flowmaster Outlaw Catbacks and I actually like the way it sounds compared to my 2012 Mustang GT with Flowmaster Outlaw Axelbacks and factory OEM Ford H-pipe which gave it a deeper Rumblier tone but with the X-pipe and Now current 3 inch pipe size Outlaw inlets the Mufflers are Much Much Louder and More Aggressive Sounding !!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015
Rookie

Yeah, go with an h-pipe. I was running straight pipes for 2 months so I understand when u say "truck sound". I just put on the Mbrp race catback, it's not loud enough now. Bact to the drawing boards I guess.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page