Name:	image_1438704660614.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	454530   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1438704694152.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	426.8 KB
ID:	454538  

2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Package with Equipment Package 201A
MODS: Roush Cold Air Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
BOSS Member

Ok, so you handed "R" a few hundred $'s for $20 worth of parts plus his logo (ok, it's worth another $40).....with a oil impregnated filter that doesn't flow any more into the engine than the oem unit...but ok, it looks pretty (it really does)...........and to get some more engine noise (sounds like it's choked up a bit)............

ok, it looks very pretty.............

enjoy!

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Appreciate the feed back but you might wanna do some research. It added 30hp per the website and when I tested it with the track app on the vehicle it shaved .8 seconds from my 0-60. Also the filter they used for this set up is non oil based. Yes it was little pricey for the plastic but I would say worth every penny. Only reason I went with Roush was bc it didn't require a tune not because of the name. Any way everyone for their own likes and dislikes. I searched for this comparison and was not able to find it prior to purchase. Thought I would share.

2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Package with Equipment Package 201A

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015
Apprentice

Looks and sounds bad ass man!
fbaltan likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks Bro.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Looks a lot better in there. Gotta see a dyno sheet though. 30hp really?? The stock unit flows great just doesn't sound or look good.

2015 50th Anniversary Deep Impact Blue
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015
Rookie

How does it sound inside the cabin? Can you hear the engine better?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbaltan View Post
Appreciate the feed back but you might wanna do some research. It added 30hp per the website and when I tested it with the track app on the vehicle it shaved .8 seconds from my 0-60.
I have no doubt the track app shaved the time with environmental conditions. But here is the research...

1. No one (ISO certified test facilities-wise, using real scientific test criteria and processes) has been able to duplicate the claims of any aftermarket CAI manufacturer.

2. With regards that if you have a CAI you need a custom program………….hogwash- poor design leading to false sensor readings!!!!!! The OEM software system is designed to adjust the fuel mixture up to 10% (25% on the 2000+ mod engines).......that’s more than enough to handle fuel mixture adjustments up to 7,000 foot elevation change! (for high elevations 8,000+ there are oem software programs for those specific applications). So assuming you actually are able to force more air into the engine, the ECM can easily adjust to maintain AFR.

3.If you look at the dyno charts from many of these supposed HP/TQ increases, they are typically around 5%-7% at peak rpm ranges…….guess what, 5% is a standard deviation even amongst mfg dynos and if you go to this link

4. The 2013 Mustang 5.0 V8, for example if close to stock (assuming 6,800 max rpm & 90% volumetric efficiency- note that is race car spec and likely higher than reality) can only suck in a maximum of 535 CFM, and the OEM flat panel filter ( 12.375” x 9.675”) will flow 718 cfm,
....so how can just a CAI force more air into an engine that is already injesting everything it can? It can't plan & simple- basic laws of physics without a forced induction system and is supported by:

A) In 2012 on jay Leno’s garage, when inquired, Fords Mustang Chief Engineer Dave Pericak specifically stated that the use of an aftermarket CAI will do nothing to gain any power.

B)
Testand Corporation conducted an ISO standards test on automotive air filters which can be viewed at this link: http://www.dieselbombers.com/chevrolet-diesel-tech-articles/16611-duramax-air-filter-testing.html. All I can say is this explains in detail the reason for

(Arlen) SPICER wrote,

“Now that I am not doing the tests and my objectivity is not necessary, let me explain my motivation. The reason I started this crusade was that I was seeing people spend a lot of money on aftermarket filters based on the word of a salesperson or based on the misleading, incomplete or outright deceiving information printed on boxes and in sales literature

“After only 24 minutes the K&N had accumulated 221gms of dirt but passed 7.0gms. Compared to the AC, the K&N “plugged up” nearly 3 times faster, passed 18 times more dirt and captured 37% less dirt.”

If you look at the flow data, WIX HP filters flow 98+% of K&N and have a much smoother flow post filter plus excellent filtering, for a fraction of the price! on an OEM replacement unit..... I know...science and real data by an ISO certified test facility.

The formula which is used by every air filter manufacturer in the world to determine the CFM for flat panel filters is...

Flat Panel CM= Length x Width x 6

...all PR materials for the sticker hp crowd!

Gatorstang23 likes this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015
Apprentice

Couple different links I was provided when I was looking at a K&N or CAI kit

Data showing how K&N actually flows worse than a stock filter, but allows a lot more crap into your engine.

K&N Air Filter Review - Debunking the Myths (and why OEM is better)

ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report

Remember, your car already has a CAI kit. Its housed in plastic box, with air being directed right into it. You only needed a CAI kit when you had a your air filter sitting on top of your engine and the only air it got was the warm air circulating under the hood.

Video showing CAI is bunk. They even put the filter outside the car in front of the fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCi2yo4UqPI

Video showing how those bigger air filters like K&N dont do much of anything on a dyno either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAIxeQUSg-Q

They look pretty, but they dont do anything for you. If anything, you might be hurting your car's HP

2015 Mustang V6. The 'Go' came from the factory. Working on the 'Show' part.
Concert Photographer for NashvilleBeats.net
Apprentice

dup post

Apprentice

dup post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page