2016 500 Rwhp E-85 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

2016 500 Rwhp E-85

Hi I'm about to purchase a 2016 mustang GT 5.0 I would like to run E-85 and achieve around 500RWHP what do I need to achieve this?? Does the transmission need to be upgraded?? If you can please list all recommend mods that would support E-85 and 500rwhp thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015
Apprentice

The engine is not designed to run E-85, as it will eat the seals, and you'll void the warranty. Any particular reason why you want to run E-85? There's more power to be had, but less availability.

As for the power, 500 HP isn't much over stock, so you're probably fine with the stock drivetrain.

JR

2016 Race Red GT Premium Fastback - Performance Package, Navigation, Enhanced Security Package, Ebony Premier Trim
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015
BOSS Member

Garage
The engine will run E85 just fine as long as the the correct fuel injectors are installed computer is programmed for it. Search around for others to see if anything else in the fuel system needs to be upgraded but I think the the materials used are compatible with E85. Headers and a Cobra Jet intake, CJ cams and ported cylinder heads will probably get you very close. There are a few high strung 2011-2014s running around that are close to the mark.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015
Rookie

500whp is going to be un-obtainable with currently available bolt on components for a naturally aspirated application. The most we have been able to manage so far with just bolt-ons was around 450whp. Cams and head work would be the next step in that direction without going into the power adder realm. Comp is currently in development of 15+ cams that will be available near the end of December. That should put you close. But there isn't much way to get to that level with what is currently available without a power adder

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
500whp is going to be un-obtainable with currently available bolt on components for a naturally aspirated application. The most we have been able to manage so far with just bolt-ons was around 450whp. Cams and head work would be the next step in that direction without going into the power adder realm. Comp is currently in development of 15+ cams that will be available near the end of December. That should put you close. But there isn't much way to get to that level with what is currently available without a power adder
have to agree I'm at 442rwhp, I'm just waiting for cams to put me to 500.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Would like to see some dyno printouts on these numbers

OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER BUT YOUNG ENOUGH TO STILL ENJOY IT
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015
Rookie

Me too!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015
GT Member

Power adder like the DOB unit will get you to an easy 550rwhp with 93 for less than $5000. You can spend that much trying to do it NA and have no where near the torque and drive ability.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015
Apprentice

Real simple, change that 16 gt order to a gt350. Add e85 tune, Lethal Perf cat deletes, JLT cai and your there. They just made 501 to the wheel with those 3 simple bolt on's.

2014 GT Cobra Jet California Special
Auto, Oxford White, comfort pkg.
Rookie

2016 500 Rwhp E-85-1456873287928-1392094223.jpg My car made just 414hp to the wheels with, just bolt ons and a tune. Mbrp cat back, jlt cold air intake and a 93 octane tune from domin8 tuning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page