Magnaflow Competitions AB or Borla S-Type AB? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Magnaflow Competitions AB or Borla S-Type AB?

Hi,

I'm looking for an axle-back system for my S550 Mustang GT. I want an exhaust that is moderately loud, smooth (not raspy), and drone-free.

I've narrowed it down to either the Magnaflow Competitions ABs or the Borla S-Type ABs. Which do you like better?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016
Apprentice

Garage
I'm sure you've seen this video, but these are the Magnaflows you're looking at with an H pipe. There might not be a way to completely eliminate rasp. But this sounds pretty good. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqSDKa_eGrY

'07 Mustang GT Premium
FRPP camshafts, C&L Racer, AED dyno tune, 4.10s, BBK tuned shorties, MAC Pro Chamber, SVE axlebacks, SR springs, Eibach struts and dampers, Subframe connectors, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR Adjustable panhard, J&M AUCA & LCA, Camber plates, CMDP, BBK UDPs, Exedy LW flywheel and stage 2 clutch, Hurst short throw shifter, SS brake lines, Window louvers, CDC Shaker scoop, custom hood paint and rear decklid paint. S197 Mach 1 replica?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I saw that video earlier. It's my favorite sounding exhaust, but unfortunately it drones like mad so it's not for me. I can live with a bit of rasp, I just want as little as possible.

I prefer the real deep, bassy and smooth notes of the Competitions (w/ stock resonator box) over the S-types, but I recently found out that they do drone a bit at 2K so I might go with the S-types since they don't drone.

It will be my first aftermarket exhaust purchase ever so I'm trying to select the perfect AB exhaust for me.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016
Rookie

I just put on MF Competition AB's. I love the sound! Very deep and no rasp. Unfortunately, I have to get rid of them. I do long trips with my Wife and know she won't like the sound.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016
BOSS Member

Allied.................or the Ford racing 500's

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page