Quad exhaust and cold air intake - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beechkid

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quad exhaust and cold air intake

Hello,
I just purchased a 2016 GT premium. What is the best quad exhaust and cold air intake? I see multiple companies that are manufacturing these parts but I just want to make sure I get good to best quality.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016
BOSS Member

The car already comes with a CAI.....if you want an aftermarket for looks, ok, for increased flow, PR material only and no-one can show any HP/TQ/MPG gains from a simple (CAI only) install....especially when you request they eliminate the 5% deviation that all dyno mfg state. The quad exhaust......IMHO, go visit your local muffler shop...IMHO, most all of the aftermarket parts/systems that are highly touted sound like crap.......over-priced tin boxes......but, the Ford GT500 mufflers while expensive do sound excellent and Allied resonators (been around for 40+ years) are available nationwide at any muffler shop and sell for $50-$80 each.........great sound, flow just like any performance muffler and last......been used in our family for 40+ years......just had the internals of one fail on my wifes car.......19 years old...not too shabby at all.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
The car already comes with a CAI.....if you want an aftermarket for looks, ok, for increased flow, <acronym title="Page Ranking">PR material only and no-one can show any HP/TQ/MPG gains from a simple (CAI only) install....especially when you request they eliminate the 5% deviation that all dyno mfg state. The quad exhaust......IMHO, go visit your local muffler shop...IMHO, most all of the aftermarket parts/systems that are highly touted sound like crap.......over-priced tin boxes......but, the Ford GT500 mufflers while expensive do sound excellent and Allied resonators (been around for 40+ years) are available nationwide at any muffler shop and sell for $50-$80 each.........great sound, flow just like any performance muffler and last......been used in our family for 40+ years......just had the internals of one fail on my wifes car.......19 years old...not too shabby at all.
Thanks for responding. I was looking at upgrading to the Roush or JLI CAI. As for the quad exhaust I was looking into something like this or something less expensive that will give it the look and more sound:
Ford Racing M-5200-M8SBV Mustang Borla Cat-Back Sport GT 15-16

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tru76 View Post
Thanks for responding. I was looking at upgrading to the Roush or JLI CAI. As for the quad exhaust I was looking into something like this or something less expensive that will give it the look and more sound:
Ford Racing M-5200-M8SBV Mustang Borla Cat-Back Sport GT 15-16

The Roush & JLI are just PR material......no performance gain no matter what anybody says...just a fact of the laws of physics. The tips can be provided or even fabbed up by any local muffler shop
90lxwhite likes this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
The Roush & JLI are just <acronym title="Page Ranking"><acronym title="Page Ranking"><acronym title="Page Ranking"><acronym title="Page Ranking">PR material......no performance gain no matter what anybody says...just a fact of the laws of physics. The tips can be provided or even fabbed up by any local muffler shop
Thanks
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016
PONY Member

Quote:
The Roush & JLI are just material......no performance gain no matter what anybody says...just a fact of the laws of physics.
This

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page