Test Drove a 16 GT Premium - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Test Drove a 16 GT Premium

Stopped by my local Ford dealer this afternoon and test drove a white 2016 GT Premium Coupe with the Performance Package option, Nav and manual. The car had 8,600 miles. I haven't driven a stick in years but I had a ball with it and was surprised how quickly the brain takes over and reminds the rest of the body what to do. No rattles or squeaks, just lots of fun. They are asking $33,900 but I am looking for a Race Red Convertible and trying to have some patience. I haven't driven a non-performance packaged GT.....should I expect a difference in the ride and handling on non twisty county roads with some city thrown in? I couldn't find anything I didn't like about this car. I may back off looking for a convertible but right now that is what I am looking for. Any comments are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016
Apprentice
S197 Member

Garage
Convertibles are heavier and generally not as stiff structurally. The PP should have a firmer suspension. If you've pushed the car in your test drive you may find the convertible to be more like a cruiser then a sports car?

12 GT Brembo, MT82, 3.73 rear
Wheels/Tires - 19x10/11 SVE S350 w/ 285/35 Sumitomo HTR Z III & 305/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Suspension - Strange Adj Shocks/Struts - FRPP K-Spring front, Eibach Sportline rear - J&M CC Plates - BMR LCA/Relo - Steeda Adj UCA - BMR Adj Panhard - FRPP Sway Bars - FRPP Jounce/Bump Kit
Drivetrain - Blowfish Racing Bracket - Spec Stage2 Clutch/Steel Flywheel - SVE Clutch Cable - ShaftMasters Aluminum Driveshaft
Exhaust - DNA T-304 1-7/8 Shorty Headers - Solo Mach Full Catback
Engine - Stock, for now...

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016
Rookie

have a 2015 white convertible-wouldn't change it for a coupe if you paid me
no flexing and no road noise when closed in-simply awesome...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page