2017 Mustang GT performance pack daily driver mpg - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
2017 Mustang GT performance pack daily driver mpg

First and foremost this is the only car that I've ever purchased brand new from the lot, I got it financed for 35K (~39K otd) with the performance pack, electric blue, manual transmission non premium. I was planning to buy this car next year but the dealer took in my motorcycle as a down payment so I was like okay let's do it then. Plus I got the X-plan deal without an X-plan.

MPG:
- Driving in San Francisco city about 95% city/5% freeway, I kid you not I was getting about 12.7 mpg
- So far I've driven about 5000 miles since the moment I bought my car i brand new 0 miles and I've spent about 700-800 dollars in gas alone, you do the math.
- It usually takes about 40$ dollars to fill up an empty tank with 91 premium gas at a cost of more or less 2.89$ per gallon
- I fill up my tank about 3-5 times a week.
- I've owned my baby for a little over one month

Driving impressions:
- Feels really strong and surprisingly stable
- Surprisingly stable because the car feels slightly big and a little tall.
- It almost feels as if I was floating down the road
- You can burn tire even with the traction control on
- I like having the ability to change steering feeling at the touch of a button
- Having cruise control is also a plus on the freeway
- Breaking with the performance pack feels pretty safe even in the rain
- Overall tire grip is phenomenal, one time I pushed my car really hard going up a turning ramp merging into a freeway and it feel like I was riding a roller coaster. Plenty of grip and lots of hp thrusting the vehicle while turning.
- When the tires are cold they can spin easily in 1st gear, this isn't hazardous since traction control kicks in when things get kind of crazy. It should be noted that I like to spin off my tires on purpose, this doesn't happen when you drive like a civilized human being.
- Needless to say passing other vehicles on the freeway is a breeze.
- I haven't had the chance to take it to a drag strip but when accelerating the car feels pretty stable and a little tamed compared to the early 2000's mustangs.

I ran out of time to write today but I hope you find this post informative. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer))

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

12.7 mpg in SF, I believe it. Stop and go traffic kills fuel economy of a V8. Last year was my first and only visit (so far). What a great city. But those hills are unreal.

2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6MT, 3:31, Brembo, Nav, Comfort pkg, backup camera.
Goodies: GT500 Mufflers, MGW Shifter, DSS AL Driveshaft, Bondra Clutch pedal extension
Tune: Bama 91 Octane V2 Performance Tune
Suspension: Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Steeda UCA - lowered cars, BMR Adj. Panhard bar
Tires: Continental DWS06 275/40-19
Track Days: Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, 18x10 SVE Drifts with Bridgestone RE-11 285/30
Just for show: Raxiom Smoked tail lights
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016
Rookie

Garage
Congrats! I'm also in a 2017 GT performance package, manual. I'm in the suburbs on the opposite coast, with about 80% city 20% highway, and I get between 18.1-18.5 mpg which I don't think is too bad considering I hammer it around on the weekends. Took it on a long road trip though and got about 24 mpg on the trip, which I was happy with. I think some of the standard mods (CAI and exhaust) helped me with city mileage though. Enjoy!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
freewayflyer thanks for the reply, it is a blast driving around the city!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Brokebuthappy, hey can you please share some more details about your experience with your mods or share a link to a forum perhaps, I am very interested in investing in an Exhaust plus CAI. I just don't want it to be too loud since I drive this car everyday and I'm trying to stay away from the cops lol.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnelly510 View Post
Brokebuthappy, hey can you please share some more details about your experience with your mods or share a link to a forum perhaps, I am very interested in investing in an Exhaust plus CAI. I just don't want it to be too loud since I drive this car everyday and I'm trying to stay away from the cops lol.
No problem - happy to! I don't log on much so by now you've probably found your answers, but:

1) I found the Roush axle-back to be the best for keeping it low key around town but giving a great noise when you get on it. I read a lot about all of the options, watched a lot of videos, and pretty consistently heard and read that it's the best for this application.

2) I put the Air Raid CAI in, mostly because I liked the design; it got the best reviews up there with Steeda and I wanted a fully closed air box, the bonus was I just liked the design better.

3) While you're at it, look into Air Raid's throttle body spacer. If you're installing a CAI, now's the time to put this spacer in. It gives you a small bump in mileage and throttle response, and in my opinion the "whistle" noise it makes is cool and not a nuisance. Look up some youtube videos on it so you can hear what that sounds like for yourself to be sure. Just a heads up though, it makes the CAI install a bit tight, that little bit of extra space makes connecting the main air tube difficult, but it works.

All in all, my experience with these mods has been great; the installs were easy as long as you read up and prepare, and I appreciate the extra bump in performance and power, but haven't yet got a tune (waiting until spring and after I do some more work).

Good luck & have fun!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017
PONY Member

Garage
probably the bad gas mileage cause its new to you and your getting into the gas a lot cause its so fun
discipline on that throttle is very hard
happy for you enjoy it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20160528-00276.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	746.5 KB
ID:	551265  

GO BIG OR GO HOME
5.0 coyote
BBK cold air intake
SCT tuner with 91 tune
roush axle back
Go BILLS

91 tune
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnelly510 View Post
First and foremost this is the only car that I've ever purchased brand new from the lot, I got it financed for 35K (~39K otd) with the performance pack, electric blue, manual transmission non premium. I was planning to buy this car next year but the dealer took in my motorcycle as a down payment so I was like okay let's do it then. Plus I got the X-plan deal without an X-plan.

MPG:
- Driving in San Francisco city about 95% city/5% freeway, I kid you not I was getting about 12.7 mpg
- So far I've driven about 5000 miles since the moment I bought my car i brand new 0 miles and I've spent about 700-800 dollars in gas alone, you do the math.
- It usually takes about 40$ dollars to fill up an empty tank with 91 premium gas at a cost of more or less 2.89$ per gallon
- I fill up my tank about 3-5 times a week.
- I've owned my baby for a little over one month

Driving impressions:
- Feels really strong and surprisingly stable
- Surprisingly stable because the car feels slightly big and a little tall.
- It almost feels as if I was floating down the road
- You can burn tire even with the traction control on
- I like having the ability to change steering feeling at the touch of a button
- Having cruise control is also a plus on the freeway
- Breaking with the performance pack feels pretty safe even in the rain
- Overall tire grip is phenomenal, one time I pushed my car really hard going up a turning ramp merging into a freeway and it feel like I was riding a roller coaster. Plenty of grip and lots of hp thrusting the vehicle while turning.
- When the tires are cold they can spin easily in 1st gear, this isn't hazardous since traction control kicks in when things get kind of crazy. It should be noted that I like to spin off my tires on purpose, this doesn't happen when you drive like a civilized human being.
- Needless to say passing other vehicles on the freeway is a breeze.
- I haven't had the chance to take it to a drag strip but when accelerating the car feels pretty stable and a little tamed compared to the early 2000's mustangs.

I ran out of time to write today but I hope you find this post informative. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer))
Want better mileage keep your foot out of the throttle.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017
Rookie

Garage
this always cracks me up and I've seen it on so many forums from Acura to GM and now here. My opinion is I don't go buy a V8 muscle car looking to get good mileage or save on gas, lol. thats what the ecoboost and v6 are for.
Rookie

I have a 2017 GT premium, performance pack, automatic, and it does 16.5 mpg in the city and 23.5 mpg on the freeway. I try to drive with a light foot and using the cruise control whenever possible. I guess its just one of those things you shouldn't worry about - it's just part of having fun :-)

Looking forward to take it to a track day in August - I guess the mpg will drop dramatically :-D

Proud 2017 Mustang GT owner :-)
Rookie

I'm getting 20mpg average with my GT PP. 50/50 mixed driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2017 mustang gt , city mpg , daily driver , miles per gallon , performance pack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in