Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
305 is "too wide" for 10" wheel, but I think they will still go on with no big problem . . . will be interesting to see how that offset works out
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjohn11 View Post
Agree - I wouldn't run 305's on a 10" wheel. 305's are at the limit of an 11" wheel.
Guys - Rpin is talking about 17" 45-profile tires. All I can find for 305/45-17 are Mickey Thompson ET tires in either SS or R . . . IOW, drag radials. MT lists 9.5" to 11.5" for that size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpinaiii View Post
I know this thread is about 19 inch. But I have some 17x10 rear wheels with +22 offset with 305/45/17 tires , haven't mounted, but what you all think, going to work? It's a 2018 GT..ill soon find out...
I have no idea how well they'll fit, or if they'll even fit at all. 17" with +22 offset sounds like SN95 wheel specs, so all I can suggest is to first try mounting the bare wheels to get some idea.

28" tall tires and DR's in any size are outside what I ever personally shop for, but I can at least try to clear things up a bit.

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Guys - Rpin is talking about 17" 45-profile tires. All I can find for 305/45-17 are Mickey Thompson ET tires in either SS or R . . . IOW, drag radials. MT lists 9.5" to 11.5" for that size.

I have no idea how well they'll fit, or if they'll even fit at all. 17" with +22 offset sounds like SN95 wheel specs, so all I can suggest is to first try mounting the bare wheels to get some idea.

28" tall tires and DR's in any size are outside what I ever personally shop for, but I can at least try to clear things up a bit.

Norm

Thanks for all your responses. Yes they are 305/45/17 Mickey Thompson SS tires and the specs stated they will fit 10 inch wheels. They do fit. Also, the offset and wheels fit fine as well. The only thing is that they stick out of the fender a bit and there was rubbing under the fender lip, but not by much. I have BMR lowering springs which dropped the back by 0.50 inches, if the springs were stock there would be no rubbing. I added a steeda 1/8 inch spring spacer which raised the rear by 1/4 inch higher and now there is no rubbing or very very little. The SS tires are not for daily driving just wanted some for when i head to the drag strip or for some fun on the weekend. I'll post a pic in the next post. below is the pic, this pic is before i added the 1/8 steeda spring spacer, with a 0.50 inch drop. Now the drop is only 0.25 inch but i do not have a current pic of that.

Apprentice

2018 Mustang 17x10 inch +22 offset. 305/45/17 Mickey Thompson SS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190511_175406_1559744629267.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	610147   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190511_175342_1559744651526.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	610149  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in