2020 gt500 - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Yes sir, originally from the Charlotte area, bought my first Mustang GT premium in 09 from a dealer there and now have the pleasure to work for a Dealer in Middle TN, we are a Saleen dealer as well. We have a $25,000 ADM on our base model allocation, colors and options are still able to be modified to buyers choice but can not get the CFTP or the Painted stripes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019 Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithini View Post
Yes sir, originally from the Charlotte area, bought my first Mustang GT premium in 09 from a dealer there and now have the pleasure to work for a Dealer in Middle TN, we are a Saleen dealer as well. We have a $25,000 ADM on our base model allocation, colors and options are still able to be modified to buyers choice but can not get the CFTP or the Painted stripes.
Well this answers the question a lot of us have been wondering which is how much if any markup we are going to see. 25K on a base is a lot higher than I would have guessed. Good luck with sale and I hope you get the sale as a mustang enthusiast.

Man guys 100K for a base GT500. WOW is all that comes to mind. As I have said before I mean there are a lot of car options to consider if you have a 100K to drop on a car. Some really nice exotics can be purchased for that price. As people can see in my signature and my chosen screen name I live and breath Mustangs, but at 100K I think I would be in another direction like a fine Porsche. Just because it isn't for me doesn't mean it isn't the right car/deal for somebody. I honestly hope it is a great deal for somebody and that somebody has a GT350 or GT350R they want to unload for a deal as I am awaiting that deal like I did with my Boss 302 purchase when somebody upgraded to a GT350.

On a side note not being able to get the painted stripes likely isn't a big deal as I can't imagine Ford will sell many of that option at 10K a pop. haha I saw that and had to wipe my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing extra 0's. haha The track pack while steep at what 18K I bet will still be a coveted and popular option. I think though your allocation of a base model is a GREAT allocation to have as I am willing to bet majority of the GT500's sold will be base models with very few options.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019 Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Delete post (duplicate).

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Well this answers the question a lot of us have been wondering which is how much if any markup we are going to see. 25K on a base is a lot higher than I would have guessed. Good luck with sale and I hope you get the sale as a mustang enthusiast.

Man guys 100K for a base GT500. WOW is all that comes to mind. As I have said before I mean there are a lot of car options to consider if you have a 100K to drop on a car. Some really nice exotics can be purchased for that price. As people can see in my signature and my chosen screen name I live and breath Mustangs, but at 100K I think I would be in another direction like a fine Porsche. Just because it isn't for me doesn't mean it isn't the right car/deal for somebody. I honestly hope it is a great deal for somebody and that somebody has a GT350 or GT350R they want to unload for a deal as I am awaiting that deal like I did with my Boss 302 purchase when somebody upgraded to a GT350.

On a side note not being able to get the painted stripes likely isn't a big deal as I can't imagine Ford will sell many of that option at 10K a pop. haha I saw that and had to wipe my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing extra 0's. haha The track pack while steep at what 18K I bet will still be a coveted and popular option. I think though your allocation of a base model is a GREAT allocation to have as I am willing to bet majority of the GT500's sold will be base models with very few options.
The base models are going to have a little more availability, the "Golden Ticket" package which is the CFTP and the Painted stripes are going to be 25% or less of the total production, those are going for more than $25k over as they are more rare.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019 Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithini View Post
The base models are going to have a little more availability, the "Golden Ticket" package which is the CFTP and the Painted stripes are going to be 25% or less of the total production, those are going for more than $25k over as they are more rare.
I agree with your production estimates. I unfortunately am starting to think the markup may be super high and agree with your price estimates/predictions as well. A lot of dealers I have heard about have already sold their allocation and many of them to top tier customers at undisclosed amounts, but I assume or hope at MSRP or close to it as many have been in discussions for long periods of time and many who have bought a Boss 302 and GT350/R from them so without being a top tier customer the allocations are already limited so that leaves room for dealers, to for a lack of better words, really stick it to the people that have to have one now. I think honestly and I have said it before the listed production/availability is the only thing that is going to drive sales hard for Ford and the GT500. Now of course if the weight and track times once released are more impressive then current speculations that might be a different story, but the redeye with more HP/TQ can be had for under 100K so that is going to be a tough decsion for somebody making it solely on performance numbers. Me the Mustang wins everyday as the Challenger drives like a speedboat the last time I took one out a few years ago when I was considering it, but I personally just can't lay down 100K for a Mustang over a Porsche. MSRP I am scratching my head wondering what to do, but with basally any markup I don't even wonder I just know I can't justify it. That is likely just me personally as I have bought a few limited cars and have refused and never paid a markup as I am willing to travel to not do that.

When do you expect to order and get delivery? I wish you were still local to NC as I would love to check the car out. Hopefully a local dealer gets one and puts it in the showroom as I would love to see this beautiful car in person.

Do know since you are the first I have seen publicly advertising one I have saved your info and if I hear anybody looking and willing to pay any kind of markup I will send them your way.

Current Garage
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
I agree with your production estimates. I unfortunately am starting to think the markup may be super high and agree with your price estimates/predictions as well. A lot of dealers I have heard about have already sold their allocation and many of them to top tier customers at undisclosed amounts, but I assume or hope at MSRP or close to it as many have been in discussions for long periods of time and many who have bought a Boss 302 and GT350/R from them so without being a top tier customer the allocations are already limited so that leaves room for dealers, to for a lack of better words, really stick it to the people that have to have one now. I think honestly and I have said it before the listed production/availability is the only thing that is going to drive sales hard for Ford and the GT500. Now of course if the weight and track times once released are more impressive then current speculations that might be a different story, but the redeye with more HP/TQ can be had for under 100K so that is going to be a tough decsion for somebody making it solely on performance numbers. Me the Mustang wins everyday as the Challenger drives like a speedboat the last time I took one out a few years ago when I was considering it, but I personally just can't lay down 100K for a Mustang over a Porsche. MSRP I am scratching my head wondering what to do, but with basally any markup I don't even wonder I just know I can't justify it. That is likely just me personally as I have bought a few limited cars and have refused and never paid a markup as I am willing to travel to not do that.

When do you expect to order and get delivery? I wish you were still local to NC as I would love to check the car out. Hopefully a local dealer gets one and puts it in the showroom as I would love to see this beautiful car in person.

Do know since you are the first I have seen publicly advertising one I have saved your info and if I hear anybody looking and willing to pay any kind of markup I will send them your way.

I haven't heard an exact date or time frame as when we are going to expect our 2 to come in but I agree it is a lot to pay but those numbers and everything as you said is starting to compete with some exotics out there. With that being said people have to stop looking at the GT500 as just a mustang because its more than that now. And I would love to have had you come in if I was still in the area. I would greatly appreciate any referrals you send me and would be happy to send you a thank you gift if you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page