Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grimbrand
  • 1 Post By dts828

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Looking for help

Is there anyone willing to share a copy of their installation invoice for a Ford Performance power pack 2, so I can use it to show my dealer that it does not take the 5 hours labor they quoted me to do the installation.
Any help is appreciated.

[b]2017 Mustang GT Premium, convertible, Oxford white, Black cloth top, black leather, Automatic, black out option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
You're never going to win in an argument with a dealer or shop over labor. Ever.

They go by listed rates. If their guys are good, of course they will spend less time with R&R than what's listed, and that helps them make more money! They'll know tricks and shortcuts.

But they'll still charge X number of hours labor, because that's what it shows in the dealer's info when they quote you. A dealer will almost always charge the listed rate, whether they have Fred the Wonder Mechanic do it (who knows his stuff and takes less than the rated time for every job) or Joebob the Moron (who takes longer than quoted). It's nothing personal. It averages out to be about what the listed rates show, when spread across all the customer cars they fix.

If you take your car to a Mom and Pop mechanic, they have a lot more discretion. If they're good, the labor costs will be low, and they earn repeat business because they're competent. Of course, there are plenty of shysters too, who will work just like the dealer, charging a listed rate, or even padding it a bit.

Your other option is to do the job yourself! Then you never have to fuss about labor rates. Of course, you do have to worry about voiding your warranty...

my89foxbody likes this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Book time is what their going by doesn't matter if the tech can do it under book time

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

What is the "performance pack 2" ?

It might be an easy do-it-yourself job or maybe not, depending on what is included.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019
Rookie

definetly a joke if book time is 5 hours to install tune and air intake. my understanding(I may be wrong) is any ASE certified shop can perform installation and ford performance will honor warranty if you submit shop invoice.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
huberoy123 likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019
PONY Member

It doesn’t matter how long it takes. only matters what the book says. The dealer would charge you what the book says if it takes less time. The dealer would charge you what it actually takes if it takes longer
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

It is an east DIY but if an ASE tech or dealer does the install Ford performance warranties the drive train.

[b]2017 Mustang GT Premium, convertible, Oxford white, Black cloth top, black leather, Automatic, black out option.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019
PONY Member

I don't think that there is any "book" for installing Ford Performance parts. The dealer is going to charge what ever they can get away with. What is likely happening is they really don't want to get involved in doing the work but if someone is willing to bite for an exorbitant quote they will do it. Contractors do this all the time.

It should not take an hour to install. I installed mine myself and had my son print me a receipt for an hour's labor at his shop. I emailed that and a copy of his ASE Master Tech certificate to Ford Performance, I had confirmation that the warranty was registered in a couple of hours.

Dave
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Wish my kid was an ase tech

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain505 View Post
Wish my kid was an ase tech
Quite sure if you join a car club there will be any number of ASE techs that will be willing to help you when the get to know you.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page