• 1 Post By Tenbrooks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2019 Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
MagneRide Suspension and Digital Gauges worth it or not?

Just as the title says are MagneRide Suspension and Digital Gauges worth it or not? I am considering buying a new Mustang GT and wondering if these need to be on my "must haves" list.

Currently my "must haves" list is:
GT Premium
Performance pack (level 1 as I don't really see level 2's often if ever recently or I would consider.)
Active Valve Exhaust

I am really trying to decide if one or both of the MagneRide Suspension and/or digital gauges are a must have and worth the extra money.

Also what is the going far price for a GT like the above with or without the two options in question. Previous years I saw 7000 off MSRP, but looking around now a few dealers are 7500-8000 off MSRP. What is a good target to aim for off MSRP moving closer to 2020's on leftover 2019's?

Edit: To complicate it more if those two options are a must is it better to just go for the Bullitt? ha All the options above come on the Bullitt and more for about the same money. Sure a little more as it will be hard to find a Bullitt 5K or more/close under MSRP, but not impossible as I am starting to see more and more Bullitt's below MSRP by a good amount.

Thanks and hope everyone had a great weekend!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2019
PONY Member
S197 Member

Not sure if this applies, but I also own a Gen 2 CTS-V which has the magnetic ride shocks.

I love it and if had the choice on a future car, would spring (no pun intended) for the upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint
Old 03-31-2019 Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHawks63 View Post
Not sure if this applies, but I also own a Gen 2 CTS-V which has the magnetic ride shocks.

I love it and if had the choice on a future car, would spring (no pun intended) for the upgrade.

Are they the same system? I know a few brands offer this type of technology, but I imagine they are different systems, but maybe not I don't know honestly.

I will say Cadillac if I recall right can get heated/cooled Recaro seats where for some reason Ford doesn't offer this option. I really don't know why as I think if they did people would be all over upgrading to them...

Off topic side note the CTS-V is an awesome car! A friend of mine had a CTS-V wagon for a while and man that car was so impressive to drive and ride in. Def not what I expected out of a Cadillac when he first told me he bought one. haha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

Old 03-31-2019
PONY Member
S197 Member

MagneRide Suspension and Digital Gauges worth it or not?

The original system was developed by Delphi, but later sold to BWI. According to Wikipedia, Ford uses the system too. What is on the Mustangs is just the latest generation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagneRide

ďMagneRide was first used by General Motors in the Cadillac Seville STS (2002.5) and is now used as a standard suspension or an option in many models for Cadillac, Buick, Chevrolet, and other GM vehicles. It can also be found on some Holden Special Vehicles, Ferrari, Ford and Audi vehicles.í

As for the CTS-V, yes the 2nd gen had heated and cooled seats with the Recaros. I believe the 3rd gen for some reason deleted the cooled option.

Here are pictures of mine. Itís a 2012. I did have Lingenfelter modify it so it is now putting out about 630 hp.

MustangLife likes this.

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint
Old 04-01-2019
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'd go with the MagneRide over the active exhaust any day.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Old 04-01-2019 Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
I'd go with the MagneRide over the active exhaust any day.

Pete
Active exhaust is a must have option. I can have it quiet when I need to make a phone call of wife is in the car on a road trip and loud otherwise.I have always wanted Borla Attack exhaust and this will allow me to get that and still have the active exhaust to quiet it down when needed, but still have that super loud option. Loud is great until you are on a road trip or trying to go in and out of the neighborhood super early or late. haha

Current Garage
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Old 04-01-2019
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Loud is great until you are trying to go in and out of the neighborhood super early or late. haha
Haha, I drive so slow leaving my neighborhood. I give it a little soft blip leaving my house to get moving, then kind of coast down to the end of the street, stop, make my left, little soft blip again, coast until the light, then I'm good, I'm out of the housing tract.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
Old 04-01-2019 Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
Haha, I drive so slow leaving my neighborhood. I give it a little soft blip leaving my house to get moving, then kind of coast down to the end of the street, stop, make my left, little soft blip again, coast until the light, then I'm good, I'm out of the housing tract.
Yeah I unfortunately live in the very back of the neighborhood and have hills between me and my only exit. haha Also doesn't help coming home as I have a super steep driveway so steep if I don't go up it just right most normal cars will scrap. It is a miracle I was able to get my 2013 Boss 302 and my current Civic Type R up the driveway. haha I mean I haven't seen it in person as I don't let anyone attempt to drive my car up the driveway, but me, but friends taking pictures I don't think you could slide a piece of paper under my car when I go up. If somebody is in the car with me it scrapes. haha

I love loud exhaust. I had a muffler delete on an 06 I had back many years back and also had the muffler plates out of the side exhaust on my boss 302 and man that woke it up. Neighbors hated the Boss 302. Luckily nobody let me know while I had it, but many said they didn't miss it after I sold it. haha

Current Garage
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Old 04-06-2019
PONY Member

Do you plan to modify the car? Because a lot of people modify there mustang and end up removing a lot or all the performance package parts so they just throw money away.
A lot of the pp1 and pp2 parts are available aftermarket. Like the cutout muffle, radiator, brakes, you can even get the digital dash and put it in yourself for 1/4 the$ So do you plan to do any mods?
Old 04-06-2019
PONY Member

My wife's Dodge has a configurable digital dash. It is certainly cool looking but it is pretty much a gimmick much like the ambient lighting, mycolor and the pony lights that my Mustang has.

I certainly would not classify it as a must have and at the cost I wouldn't even list it as a nice to have.

I have never driven a car with magnaride so I can't comment on it.

Dave
Old 04-16-2019 Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson3010 View Post
Do you plan to modify the car? Because a lot of people modify there mustang and end up removing a lot or all the performance package parts so they just throw money away.
A lot of the pp1 and pp2 parts are available aftermarket. Like the cutout muffle, radiator, brakes, you can even get the digital dash and put it in yourself for 1/4 the$ So do you plan to do any mods?
Honestly other than maybe Borla Atak active exhaust after the stock active exhaust in even track mode starts to sound to quiet, but other then that no other mods in mind at this time, but of course that could change after purchase. haha

You say you can get and install digital dash for 1/4 of the prices. Do you have links to info on that?

I have seen you can change over to active exhaust on some of the cars as some of the non active exhaust cars are already wired for it and I saw somewhere the details about how to check for that. Honestly though I don't think the active exhaust option is to over priced from the factory as it is inline with what that kind of deal was going to on the aftermarket platforms to convert a car to it.

Current Garage
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Rookie

I'd certainly opt for Magne-ride. After testing a GT w/ and wo/ Magne-ride, it was clear to me that Magne-ride made a difference. I have it on my GT and love it.
MustangLife likes this.

Bryce K.
Magnolia, TX
2019 Mustang GT
PP1
Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenbrooks View Post
I'd certainly opt for Magne-ride. After testing a GT w/ and wo/ Magne-ride, it was clear to me that Magne-ride made a difference. I have it on my GT and love it.
I would love to driver a GT with and without it back to back to see the differnece. I have something similar on my Type R, but honestly aside from steering and pedals being a little different I am not sure I really tell a difference in handling, but maybe. I wonder how different it is on the GT. One day I need to test drive both. I actually ended up getting a GT500 so I didn't go this route or get either of these options. So next time around we shall see. Heck in 2-3 years they might have all different options and I am ok with that so long as the Mustang is still a couple and not an SUV... haha

Current Garage
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Old 18 Hours Ago
Rookie

I bought the digital dash package because I wanted a heated steering wheel and that was the only way to get it. I don't muck with it too much and am pretty happy with it. If I could have gotten the wheel as part of a cold weather package (like the Challenger offered), would I have taken the digital dash, probably not. I think if you track the car, perhaps being able to change the display is useful but otherwise, not so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in