Considering trading in my car - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Considering trading in my car

As the title states, I am thinking of trading in my Infiniti Q60 for a 2018+ Mustang GT.

I was hoping to get some peoples takes on their purchase of the late model GT.
How do you like it?
Has it given you many or any issues?
Are there issues that I should be on the lookout for?
Has it been dependable.

I can say without a doubt I know these are fun and awesome cars.

The reason I am trading the Q60 in, is that I have had nothing but the same recurring issue on this car. There were factory alignment (compressor) issues with the 2017 models and mine has been in the shop three times in three months for the same issue. The belts will start to rub and squeal, and other drivers have been replacing turbos already at 40K and below miles on this car. I just don't feel it will be good for me in the long term, and they are a PIA to work on. I know the Mustangs are more user friendly to tinker with.
Plus mine is the 300HP model, not the 400HP model. Ready for a bit more power as well.

For years and years I considered the GT, but I feel that may be the best bet for me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I appreciate your response.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the site Joshua! Smart thinking to do a little research before diving in, I'm sure members will chime in shortly and give you their thoughts. Best of luck!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019
Rookie

I have a 18 GT Premium, PP1 10R80 and have had absolutely no issues. I lost my 13 GT in a total last summer, toy'd around with infiniti and a used amg benz - but in the end, test driving the GT was really all I needed... going from the manual to the auto was simply because of reviews of the 10 speed. Some people want that "luxury" feel, and infiniti's are great cars, but there is nothing like a Mustang.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019
Apprentice

Hola and welcome. You should go out and give the Mustang GT a test drive. Its 460 HP, which I am sure you will enjoy. There is one known issue with the late model Mustang GT, such as the typewriter tick. I am sure you already heard about it, but if not, its a ticking noise that 'some' of the mustangs experience from the engine. Not all though. I have a 2018 Mustang GT, manual, and it is the base model, cost was about $32k out the door. I have not yet experienced the tick. Ford says this is normal though, so nothing is done about it, only if its a really bad case then they may take a look and replace the engine. Check out youtube. Yes they are easy to work on, and there is a bunch of after market products too. As far as driving experience, I really enjoy it. Its fun especially when i get on it every once in a while doing some pulls. No other issues to report, but I have only had it for one year. Good luck hunting for one! Also, I don't know if you want an auto or manual. The auto is quicker, but the manual is fun rowing through the gears. The 2019 manual mustang has rev match and the 2018 doesn't. So that is something to consider when searching for one. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page