Fiance pregnant, Need tips on baby travel system that works for 17 Mustang! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
We owned our 1987 Mustang GT for 13 years with two girls being born in 1986 and 1991. Our other cars at the time were a 1970 Mustang convertible and a 1985 Mustang GT. So it can be done! Pete
Yep, it can be done. Had a 1975 Olds Starfire hatchback that my son grew up in. Took it overseas with us while I was in the Army, perfect for the narrow streets of Germany. Served us well, never really thought about the size of it till we got back to the states.

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Late looking at this. However, I have personal experience with this. My daughter gave birth in the spring. I took her somewhere one day and put the car seat in the back. The passenger seat had to go all the way forward and also needed to have the rake changed on the seat back to a more upright position. Note that this was the car seat alone and not with the base it came with, as that would have made the front seat unusable. Also note that I put the top down to put the seat in and take it out. I have no idea how you do it in a coupe. Also, this was a one time thing, not a daily event. It will get old very fast, not to mention all the other gear you will be carting around with you. From personal experience having raised three kids, I would swallow your pride and run to the nearest Chrysler/Dodge dealership and buy one of their vans before they pull the plug on them. You will not regret having the functionality and extra space. I would shy away from an SUV, unless youíre going big. The smaller ones donít have enough room. We have a Rogue now and I would say it would be too small for this duty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page