Electronic Dash - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Unread 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Unhappy Electronic Dash

I just purchased a 2019 Mustang GT with an electronic Dash. It came from Canada, so the speedometer is in kilometers. I tried to change it by following the instructions, but it only added a small window with the mph on it. The main speedometer still says 0 to 260.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the AFM. I moved your thread to the S550 forum for better assistance.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
PONY Member
2.3L Member

Congratulations,,,,, I also just recently bought a used canadian GT. From a chevy dealership. 15000 miles, premium package with the digital display. I went to my local Ford dealership to see if it could be reflashed, and the answer was no. Ford made four different versions of the IP, depending on whether it was an automatic, or manual transmission, and metric, or imperial speed. I never did ask what they would charge me to swap it out,,,, but you can find them for around $1,000.00 online.

2007 4.0 V6 Mustang, Victim of Black Ice
1989 2.3 Fastback, traded for:
2011 3.7 Pony Package, Traded for:
2018 GT 5.0 Premium

PONY Member
2.3L Member

So I stopped by my local Ford Dealer this past Saturday to get a quote to replace the instrument panel. The parts department priced the ICP at $1,400.00-ish, and the service guy figured 1-1/2 hours to install and reprogram it. His electronic tech wasn't in, so that labor time may vary.

2018 GT 5.0 Premium
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Holy crap... That is crazy it can't be changed. You would think they would have made it reprogrammable for the price this car comes a little more thought wouldn't have hurt. haha Maybe there should be an online place for people to swap panels as I am sure cars go both ways across the boarder. hmmmm

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
PONY Member
2.3L Member

Yeah, I figure I'd be able to find someone to buy the metric one from me. I'm just coming up onto 20,000 miles, so I oughta do it sooner than later. When you program the mileage, you can go up, but you can't set it lower.

2018 GT 5.0 Premium
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
Yeah, I figure I'd be able to find someone to buy the metric one from me. I'm just coming up onto 20,000 miles, so I oughta do it sooner than later. When you program the mileage, you can go up, but you can't set it lower.
What you can go up, but not down? What sense does that make... haha I mean for those that want to cheat they simply get on with lower miles and install that so really that makes life harder for the honest person... ha Good grief.

I do want the digital gauge cluster if I talk myself into buying a new Mustang. Not to derail the conversation, but since the original question has been answered I wanted to ask how you liked it overall.

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
PONY Member
2.3L Member

It's fun. I like it. I can't think of anything I don't like, other than the kph/mph thing. There are a couple of companies that offer a kit to retrofit S550s to the electronic display,,,,, Which entails some cutting of the dash, and updating the steering wheel controls.

2018 GT 5.0 Premium
PONY Member

The digital cluster bolts right in no modifications needed. Plug and play
You can pick them up a new one for 943.01 Now the programming, any dealership should not can or will SHOULD be able to program it for you no problem. The bad news is that the dealership can not change the miles displayed on the cluster so you’re car will read the wrong mileage. The good news is the real mileage is stored in the pcm so if you drive around on the new cluster you will have two cluster with the wrong miles.
If you buy a s550 (well any car for that matter)used check the mileage stored in the pcm
PONY Member
2.3L Member

[QUOTE=Jackson3010;9247537] The bad news is that the dealership can not change the miles displayed on the cluster so youíre car will read the wrong mileage. /QUOTE]

Wrong. The mileage and VIN number can be programed into the cluster, In fact Infotainment and Hellhorse Performance offer retrofit kits for those that want the digital display in their pre 2018 S550s. When ordering they ask for your vin, and mileage so they can program it in. Installing a Digital dash in a pre 2018 S550 requires some cutting inside the dash so that it will fit, as well as replacing the clock spring and buttons on the steering wheel.

https://hellhorseperformance.com/pro...conversion-kit

https://www.infotainment.com/collect...luster-upgrade

2018 GT 5.0 Premium
PONY Member

I said that the dealership can’t change the mileage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in