Ford Mustang Forum banner

Morning Mufflers

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  pikapp 
#1 ·
I put headers in my 2019 GT, H-pipe resonator delete, and there are mufflers after the axle. Starting that mother up at 5:00AM to go to work every day (even on the weekends) wasn't earning me any points with my neighbors. So for about a month I experimented to see what I could do to tone down the 105db coming out of those pipes. (Granted, after about 20 seconds or less, it tones down alot). The main ingredients: beer cans, duct tape, bungie cords, and a secret ingredient. Cuts it down to 95db. Anyone interested in the design?

#3 ·
hmmmm Can you post a pic of this? What I am picturing in my head can't be right... haha

#4 ·
I'm guessing you deleted the cats too so yeah that sucker must be LOUD!

It would be fun to see the ******* beer can silencer design, LOL

#9 ·
I was able to convert the file….but the file size is too large.
I downloaded a decibel meter onto my personal phone. The needle jumps around and it is the instantaneous reading. There is a digital peak reading on the lower right. On the "without" video the reflection obscures the peak reading a bit. But you can make out that the high reading of 109.5dB. The "with" reading is 99.4dB. Both readings taken 4 feet away, centered. It keeps the neighbors happy.

Attachments

#10 ·
Better hurry and get a patent for your invention. Some of the big boys might steal your idea and make a fortune. LOL

#11 ·
Did you do a before and after dyno run? That would be cool to see also. I'm guessing the increased back-pressure gave you a big boost in low RPM torque.

#13 ·
Sounds to me like the neighbors need to be woke up and go to work....no need for an alarm clock. Wife used to get up at 4am to go to work, her 06GT had my O/R's from the Roush, after I put on the Roush Extreme's, and she'd wake up the neighborhood every time leaving. Sound loved to resonate in the garage, whole house would vibrate....loved it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.