Any GT350 owners? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
Apprentice

Any GT350 owners?

I'm curious if you've driven both the GT350 and the 5.0. I've had my heart set on a used Gt350 I can't afford to buy new. I've been looking at both a new GT premium or a 2017-2018 GT350. What's the main difference you notice between the two when you drive them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 3 Days Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have not driven them, but -- GT350 is made to be a track car, regular GT is more street oriented (though not bad on the track either) . . . . so the biggest thing is: do you want to spend the money to get a track car?

I assume the GT350 is generally stiffer and might be what some would consider "too harsh" on the street, but that is a subjective thing.

When the new GT500 actually comes out, the prices on GT350's might drop a bit for a while.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 3 Days Ago
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I have driven both the new GT's and GT350's several times when debating on getting one or the other. Really not much overall difference to be noticed for street everyday driving. Where the big differences will be is of course on the track or during aggressive driving and that is where the GT350 will shine. Haven't driven a GT with PP2, but I have heard the PP2 package puts the GT very close to the GT350. Will be hard to find a PP2 used though as there aren't as many of them and none of the car sites let you search specifically for them.

GT350 I think will hold its value better than a regular GT due to the name and also less production. Neither are an investment, but historically Shelbys hold their value far better than regular Mustangs.

You really can't go wrong with either and it will come down to budget and what you want to use the car for.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 1 Day Ago
PONY Member

I have tracked both. The GT 350 is going to win in a road course every time the regular GT (if auto) is going to win a drag race every time. It’s crazy how far auto has come. personally I would buy the GT and throw some money in the suspension never look back. If I owned a gt350 I would have a hard time modding it. I would worry about losing value plus there having a lot of engine failure. Gt pp for me
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 16 Hours Ago
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I daily drove a 2017 GT350. Now, I'm looking to get a GT with MagneRide because the ride will be just as good for me, since I won't be on a track as much as I had hoped.

I loved the GT350, but if you're not going be tracking it a lot (and even if you are,) a MagneRide GT should do you well. It also looks like the PP2 cars perform about as well as the GT350s.

2017 GT350, Lightning Blue, no stripes, black roof, convenience pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page