Ford Mustang Forum banner

Any GT350 owners?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Eric The MadMan 
#1 ·
I'm curious if you've driven both the GT350 and the 5.0. I've had my heart set on a used Gt350 I can't afford to buy new. I've been looking at both a new GT premium or a 2017-2018 GT350. What's the main difference you notice between the two when you drive them?

#2 ·
I have not driven them, but -- GT350 is made to be a track car, regular GT is more street oriented (though not bad on the track either) . . . . so the biggest thing is: do you want to spend the money to get a track car?

I assume the GT350 is generally stiffer and might be what some would consider "too harsh" on the street, but that is a subjective thing.

When the new GT500 actually comes out, the prices on GT350's might drop a bit for a while.

#3 ·
I have driven both the new GT's and GT350's several times when debating on getting one or the other. Really not much overall difference to be noticed for street everyday driving. Where the big differences will be is of course on the track or during aggressive driving and that is where the GT350 will shine. Haven't driven a GT with PP2, but I have heard the PP2 package puts the GT very close to the GT350. Will be hard to find a PP2 used though as there aren't as many of them and none of the car sites let you search specifically for them.

GT350 I think will hold its value better than a regular GT due to the name and also less production. Neither are an investment, but historically Shelbys hold their value far better than regular Mustangs.

You really can't go wrong with either and it will come down to budget and what you want to use the car for.

Reactions: my89foxbody
#4 ·
I have tracked both. The GT 350 is going to win in a road course every time the regular GT (if auto) is going to win a drag race every time. It’s crazy how far auto has come. personally I would buy the GT and throw some money in the suspension never look back. If I owned a gt350 I would have a hard time modding it. I would worry about losing value plus there having a lot of engine failure. Gt pp for me

#5 ·
I daily drove a 2017 GT350. Now, I'm looking to get a GT with MagneRide because the ride will be just as good for me, since I won't be on a track as much as I had hoped.

I loved the GT350, but if you're not going be tracking it a lot (and even if you are,) a MagneRide GT should do you well. It also looks like the PP2 cars perform about as well as the GT350s.

Reactions: Tenbrooks
#6 ·
Honestly the GT350 is slower at accelerating from zero to sixty than a regular performance pack GT. I think the target demographic for purchasing a GT350 would be a track junkie. The only thing I do love about the GT350 is the front end styling. I despise that Ford kept the 2015 style front end on the Shelby GT350 and screwed up the regular Ecoboost and GT cars.

#7 ·
Love the GT350!!

Been daily driving my GT350 for 8 months now and absolutely love it ... actually take the long way to work!! It really boils down to what you want and what you can afford. I priced out a GT PP2 car at @ $50K & picked up ny GT350 new for $58K ... did I need it ... no ... am I a track rat ... no ... that sound and that 8250rpm redline of the Voodoo motor sold me ... YUUUUP :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.