Ford Mustang Forum banner

Is $4000 for a Roush Supercharger a good deal?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JBert 
#1 ·
I have a guy in my area who is selling a roush stage 2 kit for $4500 but it is currently installed on his car, so I would have to uninstall it. He says he is selling it because his car got rear ended and he needs the money to fix it. Any thoughts on if that is good price/if it is worth it? Thanks
Supercharger has 1500 miles on it, car has 8000 miles

#3 · (Edited)
Last time I checked, the complete Roush kits go for about $6,500 so $4,000 ain't bad . . . but it depends on how much you value your time to remove it; and you'll need some way to know if you got all the parts. If the seller has the manual and all of the documentation then you could go by that to make sure you get everything.

Also last time I checked, Roush has you ship your ECU to them so they can reprogram (tune) it. I am not sure if this is still the case for the newer kits. You will need to figure this out; how will you get an appropriate tune? A call to Roush might shed some light on this.

Considering the fact that you have to spend some time, maybe a weekend, removing it; I think I'd offer a bit less like maybe $3K to make it worth the trouble and risk.

EDIT: and yes as EZ suggested, the kits are model/year specific, so make sure it is a match for your car. I assumed you had already covered that, but it is dangerous to ass-u-me. Some of the kits can be used on a few different years and models; you'll need to make sure it is compatible with your car.

Reactions: Beechkid
#4 ·
That's well below retail. If its undamaged I would pick it up. But, he has to let you remove the whole kit.

There are a few things you need to ask yourself. Is it applicable to your car. Is your car stock and can it hamdle the added power. Etc, etc.

I would get some info on the donor car and your car and information about the unit you want to swap over and give the company a call like Beechkid recommended.

Reactions: Beechkid
#5 ·
cjjohn11

Outside of what others have said, the year of the Supercharger (2018-2019 vs 2015-2017) would probably factor into the price and applicability.

Also, the explanation of why he's selling doesn't exactly make sense? If he was rear-ended why would he need to pay for the repairs himself? I guess maybe if you want to avoid an insurance claim, but selling a supercharger instead? Would definitely make me think twice.

#6 ·
looks like Bluehornet was a one-post-wonder . . . I'm curious how this turned out, but the world may never know ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.