Ford Mustang Forum banner

Motorcraft Wiper Blades

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  07redstang 
#1 ·
Hey guys this may seem like a stupid question but I'm in need of a little help here.
I need to replace my windshield wiper blades and want the same ones that came on the car, all the other seem to have a different looking connecter and don't look good to me. I picked up a set that said the fit my car but after looking at them the connecters don't fit.

Can anyone point me to the right Motorcraft blades or give me a parts number? I've looked online and only found what looks to be the same one's on LMR but they say they are 21''and 19'' I thought our cars took 22''on drivers side and 20'' on passengers side?

Any help would be appreciated! I never thought buying windshield wiper blades would be such a PITA!

#2 ·
Try rockauto.com - they have Motorcraft brand blades. Their catalog will have the correct blades with part numbers based on the model of your car.

22" and 20"

If you are in a hurry, the dealer parts counter will also have them.

#8 ·
going back a few years to my 2010 car, I found out that the "regular" Motorcraft blades that the Ford dealers usually have in stock, are not as good as the "original OEM" blades that they have to special order . . . I special ordered some of the OEM "original" blades and they worked and lasted really well. I am not sure if this is still the case, but might be worth asking a Ford dealer's part's department, if you want to make sure that you get the "best" blades.

#9 ·
Really that seems odd I would think that all Motorcraft blades would be made the same! But regardless I've already put them on the car and tossed the boxes so not much I can do about it now. My original factory blades still worked great it's just that over the winter I lifted one off the windshield and it was frozen and ripped the blades, And yes I know you're supposed to change them every year but I don't buy that crap.

#10 ·
I bought the 'motorcraft' blades and when they arrived, despite being the exact ones for the car and pictures from the site and everything... I slowly realized that the clip wasn't even necessary, and can be removed from the blade itself. This leaves a piece of plastic which snaps onto your OEM wiper recess without any sort of moving clip.

That being said, those did NOT last very long, they started squeaking during the rain and leaving marks on my windshield within about 5-6 months of use.

I replaced those with some michelin brand (supposedly longer lasting) and they were about 30$ for the set, ...they did come from walmart, but they have lasted me over a year.

I will note that the ones I originally had on my car were the 'flex' kind, and those were worn out really bad to begin with, and they made this really terrible flop noise, that's worse than a simple wiper moving back and forth on any other car... when I changed the wipers that was fixed.

The michelin brand was also a solid frame vs the flex frame like I purchased before (thinking it would be better to go with what was oem).

I am fairly sure that the ones I originally took off were the factory blades, because they had seen some wear.

#13 ·
I haven't read if anyone uses Rain-X. Some modern manufacturers warn it might interfere with rain sensing performance that automatically turns on wipers.

I use it on all my vehicles and find it more efficient than wipers in most rain conditions.

What has been the forums experience using window treatment in conjunction with wipers. Do you think its effective? Have you experienced reaction with the rubber on the wipers.

#14 ·
I have tried the Rain-X wipers (on a different car) and I do not like them -- they seem to leave a smear residue on the windshield (the Rain-X no doubt) that makes it cloudy and increases glare. This might be compounded by the fact that it is my wife's car and she never washes it.

I do like the Rain-X wiper fluid though; it seems to do the job that it is supposed to do.

#15 ·
The fluid is what I meant. I forgot they also make blades.

Any issues treating the window as described in my other post.

#16 ·
they seem to leave a smear residue on the windshield (the Rain-X no doubt) that makes it cloudy and increases glare. This might be compounded by the fact that it is my wife's car and
she never washes it
Well, there's your problem.:wink:

Even Bosch Icon blades (without any liquid added) smear on a dirty windshield. I've also experienced a little smearing when using Rain-X water repellent with standard blades.

#17 ·
I started using Rain-X liquid back in the '90's, though I don't use it anymore. If you get caught in the rain right after an application, you don't need wipers at all. After a short time it starts to evaporate and becomes less effective. When you do turn on the wipers, they will start to scrape the product off the window, and then you'll get smearing. Pretty much why I stopped using it. YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.