The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 11 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm still waiting to see more to decide if I like it or not...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

So far I like it...I am a fan of the current Ford design language (inside and out). And even though I love old Mustangs, the retro vibe of the present car is way down on the list of reasons I bought it.

2013 GT 6MT (Black)
Grimace427

GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
I'll take a RWD 450 hp Fusion coupe.:hihi:
Same here. I dont get how comparing it to the fusion is a bad thing. Personally I like the look of that car. People just need something to complain about.

The the lower part of the front end is similar but the mustang definitely looks more aggressive. The grill looks more S197 GT500 to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	258658  

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
BOSS Member

So far it looks like the Need For Speed Mustang got freaky with a Fusion. Not saying that's bad, I just expected something completely different.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Great, they're showing soccer right now.....
Soccer ? Great! Now Regis Philbin is discussing who is the best dressed NFL player which was preceded by a story about tennis player Maria Sharapova changing her name to Sugarpova. Where is Pass Time? etc. I would rather see massive V-8 burnouts.

'11 GT Premium , kona blue stick, 3:55's, Brembo , Roush axle-backs, etc. + '95 rio red GTS
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
The front just seems to be a logical progression of the 2013-2014 redesign to me. Not sure what everyone is so upset about.
I completely agree. It's not that much different than the 2014.
PONY Member

Garage
Smile

Doesn't look so bad to me almost looks like a beefed up version of the current car but I'm still glad I got a 14.
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
The front just seems to be a logical progression of the 2013-2014 redesign to me. Not sure what everyone is so upset about.
Its because its new and different. People dont seem to understand you cant make the same car forever and expect it to keep selling. It needs to be a world car. Its good business. 'Mericans just need to get over that.

The grill looks more S197 GT500 than Fusion to me.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD08 View Post
So far it looks like the Need For Speed Mustang got freaky with a Fusion. Not saying that's bad, I just expected something completely different.
its exactly what i expected.

ford said when they showed the evos concept that all cars of the next generation would take design queues from it.

all they did, was do what they very publically said they were going to do.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
BOSS Member

It looks like they're applying the Fusion/Taurus/EVOS front design to the current Mustang. Kind of like when they applied the Taurus "Aero" front end to the Fox bodies in 1987.

How come nobody complains that the M3 looks too much like other BMWs?
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
It does look Fusion-esque and I can see resemblances with the Focus in the grille but it wouldn't stop me from buying it if I were in the market for one. But it's a Ford, and their cars will all have similar appearances. That's the whole idea of "design language", they all share styling cues. I like it but I currently have a run-of-the-mill GT that isn't going anywhere any time soon and I'll probably wait until the next special model Ford comes out with, whether it's another Boss or a Mach 1 or something like that.
I superimposed a fusion onto one of these images... they are almost identical ;(

Fusion:

Mystery stang:

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD08 View Post
It looks like they're applying the Fusion/Taurus/EVOS front design to the current Mustang. Kind of like when they applied the Taurus "Aero" front end to the Fox bodies in 1987.

How come nobody complains that the M3 looks too much like other BMWs?
Because the M3.. is a BMW...optimized. Kind of like a Taurus SHO.. Taurus came first.. then added goodies and badging. Its a totally different concept.

Why doesn't a Corvette look like a Malibu? Camaro look like a Malibu?.. etc.

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
PONY Member

I'll have to wait & see! This isn't much to go on.

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
How many people likes the redesign in 2010? When I first saw it, I didn't like it very much. When the 2011's came out, I was use too seeing this body style. That coupled with the new motor options for both v6 and v8 won me over. It's not bad so far, it's not the final car yet. So I'm holding judgment until I see the real thing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page