The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 12 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD08 View Post
It looks like they're applying the Fusion/Taurus/EVOS front design to the current Mustang. Kind of like when they applied the Taurus "Aero" front end to the Fox bodies in 1987.

How come nobody complains that the M3 looks too much like other BMWs?
all bmws look the same lol a m3 is basically a sport version of the 330

O/R X-Pipe || Dynomax Race Bullets (in place of resonators) || Muffler Deletes || Ported BOSS Intake Manifold || JLT CAI || AED Tune || Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket || Eibach Sporlines || Black Billet Grille || Foglight Relocates || Black Fender Badges || MMD Eleanor Window Scoops || Side Scoops || Street Scene Ducktail Spoiler || GT500 Rear Valance with 4" Quad tips || Custom Offset Stripe || RTR side Stripes || 20x8.5 20x10 Matteblack rims || 255/35/20 fronts 305/30/20 rears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

i bet thats not even a mustang they are just trying to throw us off track.....sneaky bastards

O/R X-Pipe || Dynomax Race Bullets (in place of resonators) || Muffler Deletes || Ported BOSS Intake Manifold || JLT CAI || AED Tune || Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket || Eibach Sporlines || Black Billet Grille || Foglight Relocates || Black Fender Badges || MMD Eleanor Window Scoops || Side Scoops || Street Scene Ducktail Spoiler || GT500 Rear Valance with 4" Quad tips || Custom Offset Stripe || RTR side Stripes || 20x8.5 20x10 Matteblack rims || 255/35/20 fronts 305/30/20 rears
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
i bet thats not even a mustang they are just trying to throw us off track.....sneaky bastards

They have more than half a year of 2014 Mustang sales to keep up, I'm sure they have very smart guys working on what info they release. The words 'global release' alone ignited the internet like napalm.

GT Member

WHY does ford have to make the Mustangs styling like the rest of its fleet??? Did they take lessons from Dodge? The Mustang has always had its own identity. Now it shares its looks with the Taurus and Fusion. That kind of ticks me off they did this.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
Apprentice

I agree with fake's post above. So the next Mustang will share the same grill with such "hot" models as Fiesta, C-Max & Taurus. No wonder they have been keeping it under wraps. What's the over/under on how many trapezoids they can jam on the car?

2011 GT/CS
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
Because the M3.. is a BMW...optimized. Kind of like a Taurus SHO.. Taurus came first.. then added goodies and badging. Its a totally different concept.

Why doesn't a Corvette look like a Malibu? Camaro look like a Malibu?.. etc.
My point is that the whole signature look across models has been done for years. Pontiac, Audi, Mercedes, etc. Most of the GM brands had their own looks. That's how they could sell the exact same car as different models.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormenting5.0 View Post
How many people likes the redesign in 2010? When I first saw it, I didn't like it very much. When the 2011's came out, I was use too seeing this body style. That coupled with the new motor options for both v6 and v8 won me over. It's not bad so far, it's not the final car yet. So I'm holding judgment until I see the real thing.
When I first saw the 2010 redesign, I thought it was awesome. There was no "getting used to it". Putting the GT500ish fascia and the smoked tail lights on the '13/'14 only made it better. To me, 2010-2014 are the best looking mustangs since the late 60's.

From all the rumors it sounds like the new generation is going to be great in terms of performance, it's just a shame it looks like a Fusion coupe instead of a mustang. Maybe it will look better when the entire car is unveiled, but the front end does not impress.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
When I first saw the 2010 redesign, I thought it was awesome. There was no "getting used to it". Putting the GT500ish fascia and the smoked tail lights on the '13/'14 only made it better. To me, 2010-2014 are the best looking mustangs since the late 60's.

From all the rumors it sounds like the new generation is going to be great in terms of performance, it's just a shame it looks like a Fusion coupe instead of a mustang. Maybe it will look better when the entire car is unveiled, but the front end does not impress.
Don"t be to sure the performance is going to impress you either
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Not bad, but still on the fence.
Yeah, could go either way. Right now, not really impressed.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
BOSS Member

Garage
I'll probably buy a black one.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I think the design is pretty good. More evolutionary than I thought. I was actually hoping for something a little more modern and more revolutionary. We still haven't seen the rest of the car, and those who have seen it have said the rear of the car is the highlight of the design, so we still have that to look forward too.

I don't understand why comparing it to the Fusion is a bad thing. The Fusion is a great looking car, and has been giving the Japanese 4-doors some stiff competition precisely because of its great looking sheet metal.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
I'll probably buy a black one.
Man, I think it looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product and yeah, I'll be one of the guys saying when can I get one? Heck, sign me up for 2!

Me: 2014 GT Track Pack
Wife: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Looks Close To the Fusion Concept.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9553356954_b246d79ce9_b.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	259410   Click image for larger version

Name:	fusionconcept-710x190.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	259418  

2011 Premium Red Candy Mustang GT ( Delivered 5/24/10 )
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08DarkCandyGT View Post
Looks Close To the Fusion Concept.
That fusion concept looks awesome.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Its gonna be a real sad day when you have to ask yourself was that a Mustang or a Fusion,Fesita or a Honda Accord that just went by, I for one am no fan of the NEW Ford look a likes but then they might have that NEW color hot pink with flowers on the hood so they will be easy to spot,I think Ford is making a HUGE mistake but to each there own.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page