The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 13 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
They have more than half a year of 2014 Mustang sales to keep up, I'm sure they have very smart guys working on what info they release. The words 'global release' alone ignited the internet like napalm.
Come to think of it, that picture could be a head fake. A smart ploy by Ford to pop out a so-so sneak preview that would not hinder '14 sales. Could they be that devious?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Its gonna be a real sad day when you have to ask yourself was that a Mustang or a Fusion,Fesita or a Honda Accord that just went by
I dont see that happening with the new design. The only thing it has in common with the ford cars is a large front grill. Its shaped more like the S197 GT500 grill than the Fusion.

Quote:
They might have that NEW color hot pink with flowers on the hood so they will be easy to spot
Really? Can you be more dramatic?

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Its gonna be a real sad day when you have to ask yourself was that a Mustang or a Fusion,Fesita or a Honda Accord that just went by, I for one am no fan of the NEW Ford look a likes but then they might have that NEW color hot pink with flowers on the hood so they will be easy to spot,I think Ford is making a HUGE mistake but to each there own.
You need a Camaro.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355

PONY Member

I donīt think thereīs anything wrong with the family resemblance, to my eyes it doesnīt look like a Fusion. Yep the grille shape but thatīs it, the Mustang has a clear "Mustang" look with the bulky hood and aggressive front end. And if you look at a Fusion, Taurus, Focus and Fiesta, they all look like different cars despite sporting a familiar look. I actually think the Fusion is one of the best looking mid size cars, wouldnīt mind owning one.

Back in the "New Edge Design" Era in the early 2000s all Fords had the New Edge Design, yet they were all very distinct (and I think the New Edge Stang is one of the best looking Modern era Mustangs).

To my eyes Mustangs never loose their "coolness" even when the new models arrive, the old ones are still terrific cars. I donīt think the 2015 is going to make the 10-14s look dated at all, just different.

I think the 50th anny car is going to sell like hot cakes...

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
BOSS Member

Garage
I see the fairweather fans are still out in force.....
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Its gonna be a real sad day when you have to ask yourself was that a Mustang or a Fusion,Fesita or a Honda Accord that just went by, I for one am no fan of the NEW Ford look a likes but then they might have that NEW color hot pink with flowers on the hood so they will be easy to spot,I think Ford is making a HUGE mistake but to each there own.
Hyperbole much? It looks NOTHING like a Fiesta or Accord (don't know where you got that one from). It has some cues in common with a Fusion, but it definitely doesn't look the same. To be honest it's not even that radical of a departure from the '14.

You may not like the new Fords, but you're certainly in the minority there because they're selling very well.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Rookie

Well, I for one am still on the fence about the looks of the car, but I am excited to see a turboed 4 in a mustang and I'd love if it was called an SVO. And I really pray that whatever they do the car looks good and performs well. What's the speculation on gas mileage for the 4?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
PONY Member

noone has seen the car yet so there is no fence to be on. All of these pictures are controlled leaks. The mustang is not going to share a front end with the current fusion. Look at it... its a fusion front end.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0, Black, Auto, Procharger P1SC stg 2, 4.13'' pulley(8 psi), 3'' x pipe, Circle D 3c, Kooks axleback, BMR control arms. 593rwhp
Rookie

I'm just saying that because it took me a few years to like the S197 body. I typically don't like the look of mustangs right away, they tend to grow on me. I'm more of a Mazda fan, well pre-Ford split at least.

Banned

The New 2015 Mustang ... maybe? (edited)

*EDIT
Saw on one forum where it said it was a rendering, so dunno ...

This is it, right?

And here ...

Confirmed! Australia to get Ford Mustang

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	j Untitled.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	259650   Click image for larger version

Name:	j Untitled2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	259658   Click image for larger version

Name:	j Untitled3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	259666   Click image for larger version

Name:	j Untitled4.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	259674  
Apprentice

the 15 has already been spied.
There is a '15 section in the sticky up top.

2013 Sterling Grey Base GT | Manual | Track Pack | Recaro's | 301A |Borla S-Type Axle Backs | Ford Racing Adj. FR3 Handling Pack|Clear Bra & Tints
PONY Member
S197 Member

The artist rendering above looks pretty close to the spy shot. I love it...bring it on!

2013 Race Red GT/CS 6MT; Elec Pkg; RAAMat on the doors; Morel Tempo 5x7 coaxials; GT500 axle-backs painted black
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 R/Red 5.0 View Post
*EDIT
Saw on one forum where it said it was a rendering, so dunno ...

This is it, right?

And here ...

Confirmed! Australia to get Ford Mustang

This seems to be kind of a "consensus" picture of what many think the new Mustang will look like. The word is that the car will be 15 inches shorter and about 400 pounds lighter. Apparently the SHELBY GT500 engine will not fit in the new car. Word is that SHELBY is designing a GT350 to replace the GT500 - but it won't appear till the second year of the new car production (SHELBY recently announced the end of their GT350 program). Some have indicated that the new version of the Coyote Engine will be closer to 450 HP and that a new turbocharged 4 CYL will be available at close to 350 HP.
Here is another recent "artist rendition".......

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everton992000 View Post
Well, I for one am still on the fence about the looks of the car, but I am excited to see a turboed 4 in a mustang and I'd love if it was called an SVO. And I really pray that whatever they do the car looks good and performs well. What's the speculation on gas mileage for the 4?

As cool as it would be to have SVO used again I don't think they would use the name. Id bet on ST. SVO hasnt existed for quite some time.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

If we do indeed get the turbo 4, it's going to be a tough choice for a lot of people between that engine and the V8 if that car has close to 350 HP and gets decent gas mileage.

Plus the aftermarket possibilities for a turbo engine excites me a lot, especially with Ford's European tuner partner Mountune opening shop here in the U.S. to make kits for the Focus and Fiesta STs. Maybe they will offer kits/intercooler upgrades for the 4 cyl Mustang. And no doubt other aftermarket options will pop up as well.

I think it's smart to add multiple engine options, similar to what Ford has done with the Fusion. Everybody can find their niche in terms of performance and price. We can probably expect a loaded GT to be in the low 40K range , so I'm sure a lot of people might find a lighter and still solid performing turbo in the 30s to be an attractive option.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page